Surname sightings

We all know and love the name sightings thread, but I thought one for surnames would be fun! Sometimes I encounter interesting or cool surnames and I never have anywhere to document them. I figure some of you are the same way.

This would be a cool source for someone looking for surnames as first names, too!

:sparkles: just post whatever surname(s) you’ve encountered recently that you’d like to share; you can include your country if you’d like, where you encountered it, whatever you’d like to include, just like the name sightings thread :sparkles:

6 Likes

I encountered [name_m]Reinhart[/name_m] and Kiser recently! I also knew a [name_m]Currier[/name_m], [name_m]Eberhardt[/name_m], Dallam, and Weeks. All in [name_u]America[/name_u] :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a very common one here but anyway, I have a classmate with the surname [name_u]Kaya[/name_u].

1 Like

Macossay, Pagesy, Ulloa, Cocom. All in Mexico

2 Likes

Favorite last names
I have a thread of cool last names for people who are looking for inspiration for surnames as firsts or for character names.

I work with a Maloy which is cool because it reminds me of Malfoy

1 Like

Frederix

1 Like

Baker
[name_m]Henderson[/name_m]
[name_u]Anderson[/name_u]
[name_u]Miller[/name_u]
[name_m]Evans[/name_m]
[name_u]Banks[/name_u]
[name_m]Davey[/name_m]
[name_u]Pfeiffer[/name_u]
[name_u]Crosby[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellison[/name_u]
[name_u]Holland[/name_u]

1 Like

I saw the surname Armitage on another naming forum years ago. I think about it all the time.

1 Like

I have new neighbors (cause I’m in the process of moving) and my dad met one of them, with the surname Ratliff.

For some reason, I’ve always thought that was a cool surname regardless of the fact that it’s “rat”-liff.

R@ul3rs0n. Interesting. (In the USA btw)

1 Like

My surname is a ‘R@t-’ name too & I find it funny. :haha:

1 Like

I find surnames so interesting!

UK encounters:

Masry
Kaptan
[name_f]Breeze[/name_f]
[name_u]Urban[/name_u]
Corrian
Hass
[name_u]Adler[/name_u]