Surname Sparks - Need A Special Boy's Name

We need an awesome name for our first baby (Surname Sparks) older parents who have waited a long time! Needs to be special.

• D

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Diane[/name]. :slight_smile: [name]Do[/name] you think you could give us some examples of names you like, just to give us an idea of your general style? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response. Below are a few that we are considering - not sure if they are a particular style or not. Any ideas are much appreciated!

max
hudson
jackson
carter
dylan
jonathan
logan
mason
matthew
nicholas
owen
samuel
tyler
daniel

max: [name]Max[/name] is pretty popular, so I don’t know if that affects its specialness for you. What about [name]Maxwell[/name] or [name]Maxfield[/name], for a special spin? [name]Max[/name] can be a great nickname!

hudson: I think [name]Hudson[/name]'s really cool, but it’s also really gaining in popularity, and I’m not sure if that bothers you.

jackson: [name]Jackson[/name] is very, very popular, too (#33), so your [name]Jackson[/name] will definitely be one among many Jacksons.

carter: [name]Carter[/name] is ranked #80, so it’s quite popular. (I’m mentioning rankings only because you said you’re looking for something special, which I’m translating to mean, “A name not heard too often, so my baby can stand apart from the rest.”)

dylan: [name]Dylan[/name] is #29, and very trendy, too.

jonathan: [name]Jonathan[/name] is #23 (and this is out of thousands of names), and while it’s a Biblical classic, yours won’t be the only [name]Jonathan[/name].

logan: [name]Logan[/name] is really trendy, and comes in at #17.

mason: [name]Mason[/name] is also a trendy and megapopular choice, coming in at #37.

matthew: [name]Matthew[/name] is in the top 10, but it’s a solid classic.

nicholas: Another classic name, but one that happens to be in the top 20.

owen: [name]Owen[/name] is ranked #56, but I think it’s an awesome name!

samuel: Another great Biblical classic, that’s ranked in the 20’s.

tyler: I’d personally stay away from [name]Tyler[/name], because in addition to being really trendy, it’s really dated (very 1980s), and your little one deserves a special name. :slight_smile:

daniel: Another great Biblical classic, this one comes it at #5.

I really like the Biblical names you’ve chosen, as well as the classic [name]Nicholas[/name] and awesome [name]Owen[/name]. I think [name]Max[/name] is great, too, but I personally like [name]Owen[/name] better. The rest of the names fall into the surname trend.

It’s totally up to you whether or not the popularity of the names makes them lose their “specialness” for you.

I’ll list some less popular names you may like based on your choices, and I’m sure others will be along to comment soon!

Biblical:
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]

Surname:
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Baxter[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Grey[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Kirby[/name]
[name]Miller[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name]
[name]Walker[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]

Classic/Vintage, etc.
[name]August[/name]/[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] ([name]Dash[/name]-ill)
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] (even though it’s popular)
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] (#140)
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name] (gives you [name]Finn[/name])
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

Good luck!

(Enter any name into the “check out a name” box on the left to read about it and see links to lists with similar names.)

I love the name [name]Owen[/name] Sparks! Good combo!