Surnames as first names for a baby boy?

I have a few names that are on the table for my husband and I, but I don’t know if I have found the ONE yet. The names we have so far are; [name]Liam[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Crosby[/name] and [name]Finnian[/name] or [name]Finley[/name]. This will be our last child, so I am feeling the pressure to pick the perfect name for him. Our other son’s name is [name]Easton[/name], and we want to find something that goes with his name. I am wondering if another Surname type name would be a good idea.

[name]Do[/name] you have any suggestions of Surnames you like as first names?

We are trying to avoid names that can be easily shortened, like [name]Bennett[/name] to [name]Ben[/name] and so on. Our last name ends in -ER so we are also trying to avoid names that end in R.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

I like [name]Owen[/name] out of all your choices.

what about beckett? i have a DS beckett reed and our LN ends in the -er sound too.

Another surname idea is one of the names on my favorites list, [name]Sullivan[/name].

I think [name]Easton[/name] and [name]Owen[/name] is lovely. :slight_smile:

I like them together as well, but I am afraid that [name]Owen[/name] is too popular. [name]Owen[/name] is my Grandfather’s middle name too, so it makes me like it even more. [name]Do[/name] you think of this as a popular name?

I like the name [name]Beckett[/name], but my DH says no :frowning:

I like the sound of this name, but I am not so sure about the nn [name]Sully[/name].

Still looking for some other surname suggestions??? Thanks in advance.

[name]Hi[/name] Mama!

Surnames that don’t end in -er:

[name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] (E theme, though)
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Grady[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Redmond[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]

I think the names that don’t end in N sound less matchy with [name]Easton[/name], and I think the longer N names work better than the shorter ones (aside from [name]Zane[/name] and [name]Vaughn[/name]), because they at least have a different number of syllables than [name]Easton[/name].

Take care! :slight_smile:

I like them together as well, but I am afraid that [name]Owen[/name] is too popular. [name]Owen[/name] is my Grandfather’s middle name too, so it makes me like it even more. [name]Do[/name] you think of this as a popular name?[/quote]

Not particularly, I worked at a day care the summer before last and a summer camp this past year and didn’t meet one boy named [name]Owen[/name]!

I like them together as well, but I am afraid that [name]Owen[/name] is too popular. [name]Owen[/name] is my Grandfather’s middle name too, so it makes me like it even more. [name]Do[/name] you think of this as a popular name?[/quote]

Not particularly, I worked at a day care the summer before last and a summer camp this past year and didn’t meet one boy named [name]Owen[/name]![/quote]

Good to know, Thanks :slight_smile:

From the names you have listed, I like [name]Finley[/name] the most. Although it could easily be shortened to [name]Fin[/name].

Some suggestions (I’ll try not to repeat):
[name]Anderson[/name] - [name]Jill[/name] made a great suggestion
[name]Darwin[/name] - my favorite boy’s name
[name]Quade[/name]/[name]Quaid[/name] - maybe?
[name]Cameron[/name]
[name]Carson[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] - love this one too
[name]Brady[/name]

My favorites with [name]Easton[/name] would be [name]Anderson[/name] and [name]Darwin[/name].
Good luck! :slight_smile:

Also just thought of maybe [name]Macaulay[/name] or [name]Cormac[/name]? Although they both could be shortened to [name]Mac[/name]. [name]Just[/name] thought I’d throw those out there though.

I am loving surnames for my 3rd boy (if it is indeed a boy!)

On my list is:
[name]Beckett[/name] nn [name]Beck[/name] (popular in US, but not here in UK),
[name]Rafferty[/name] nn [name]Rafe[/name] or [name]Raffy[/name] (my hubby’s fave),
[name]Sullivan[/name] nn [name]Sully[/name].