Surprise! Baby #4

Well, looks like we weren’t done after all! After our third baby 6 months ago, we thought we were but God had some different plans. I’m just brainstorming some names at this point, but I would love some feedback.

We have an [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] ([name_f]Millie[/name_f]), a [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] ([name_u]Toby[/name_u]), and a [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] ([name_u]Nelly[/name_u]). First names are long, underused names with a connection to [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] ([name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_m]Vance[/name_m], [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] Snape, [name_f]Helena[/name_f] Ravenclaw) and a cute nickname.
I was thinking for this one:
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] ([name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Mina[/name_f])
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] (Any ideas for a nickname here?)
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] ([name_u]Penny[/name_u])
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f] ([name_u]Ari[/name_u])
[name_f]Marietta[/name_f] ([name_f]Etta[/name_f])

Any ideas? I don’t love any of them yet, but if I had to choose today it would be Wilhemina.

Honestly, I am at a loss for middle names. The kids all have a middle name that one of the main HP characters have as a middle name, but I’m out of characters if this one is a girl. Ideas?

Thanks for the help and getting through this long post.

[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] ____:

Maybe one of her middles could be a twist on a male character.

[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Joanne[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] ([name_f]Joanne[/name_f] = jk rowling) or [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Joanne[/name_f] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Joanne[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] nn [name_f]Attie[/name_f], [name_u]Gus[/name_u], [name_u]Gussie[/name_u]

[name_f]Angelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucretia[/name_f]
[name_u]Dominique[/name_u]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

I have a Willa and love Wilhelmina - just didn’t use it as her last name sounds like a fantastical HP last name already! I really like Augusta and Marietta too. Augusta might trip up for me because I don’t love the nn options. Penelope is prob too close to Nelly and I don’t love Penny (prefer Poppy though Penny has more heft…don’t know…maybe Penny is cooler), Arabella is gorgeous but too many Belle names, and Alice works but I personally don’t warm to it like I do your other names.

Other HP first names I like (could any be middle names? Or only official middle names?)

Hermione
Ariana
Fleur
Lavender
Sybill (though nn are tricky!)

Middle names I can find and I like:

Molly
Lucy (Lucius)
Isabelle
Nigella (from Nigellus)

I knew and [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] who sometimes went by Auggie which I thought was cute.

With your other names I’m really like [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], and [name_f]Marietta[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] but it feels more common than your other picks.

I really like [name_f]Marietta[/name_f] -

Other suggestions -

[name_f]Maelle[/name_f] nn [name_f]Elle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] nn [name_f]Cindy[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] nn [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lina[/name_f]
[name_f]Samara[/name_f] nn [name_u]Sammy[/name_u]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] nn [name_f]Addie[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] nn [name_f]Dot[/name_f]
[name_f]Winslet[/name_f] nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]
[name_f]Juliana[/name_f] nn [name_u]Julie[/name_u]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f] nn [name_f]Vi[/name_f]
[name_f]Loretta[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lori[/name_f]
[name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] nn [name_f]Kat[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] nn [name_f]Flo[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] nn [name_f]Bea[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] nn [name_f]Clary[/name_f]
[name_f]Brigette[/name_f] nn [name_f]Bri[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f] nn [name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] nn [name_f]Tabby[/name_f]
[name_f]Fennella[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ella[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] best from your list with your family. If you use [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] I like [name_f]Willa[/name_f] as a short form, also [name_u]Billie[/name_u].

I think [name_f]Aggie[/name_f] is a cute nickname for [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] x

My favorite from your list is [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]/[name_u]Penny[/name_u]. And unfortunately, the only NN I can come up with for [name_u]August[/name_u] it [name_u]Gusty[/name_u], lol. As to HP middles… maybe [name_f]Molly[/name_f]?

Hands down [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f].

I’ve recently fallen in love with the Nickname [name_m]Wim[/name_m] for [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]

[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] Fluer
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] Pamona [name_u]Lee[/name_u]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Padma[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Molly[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Susan[/name_f] Alecto
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Marlene[/name_f]

A lot of people are saying [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] (I’ll admit it does match the others pretty well). Some potential nicknames - [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_u]Billie[/name_u], [name_f]Mina[/name_f], [name_f]Mimi[/name_f]

If you’re looking for other HP names how about…

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] (Bones)
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] ([name_m]Brown[/name_m])
[name_f]Irma[/name_f] ([name_m]Prince[/name_m])
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f] (Delacour)
[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] (Delacour)
[name_f]Demelza[/name_f] ([name_m]Robins[/name_m])
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] (Sinistra)

You could also use [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] as a connection to [name_f]Ginny[/name_f]

[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] is gorgeous. I also like [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. I know an [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] and she is called [name_u]Gus[/name_u], which suits her fine, but may not suit your child. Not a fan of [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_f]Marietta[/name_f], and I associate [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] with [name_f]Ivanka[/name_f] Trump’s daughter, which for me is not a good association.

I really like Wilhemina plus [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Mina[/name_f] are so sweet.

I like [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], but that with [name_f]Helena[/name_f] may be too much of the HEL sound. Depends on how ofter=n you would say the full names together.

[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] seem like the nicest fit with your current names. I also do like [name_f]Alice[/name_f], and it won’t seem out of place if you mostly call your girls by their NNs. [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] could go by “[name_f]Aggie[/name_f]” which I think is just darling. From previous suggestions, I think [name_f]Ariana[/name_f] or [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] would be perfect for you.

Here are some other names of female characters from the HP universe (although of course some are much larger characters than others!) that could fit with your children’s names:

[name_f]Agatha[/name_f], [name_f]Araminta[/name_f], [name_f]Alberta[/name_f], [name_f]Alicia[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Charity[/name_f], [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f], [name_f]Carlotta[/name_f], [name_f]Catriona[/name_f], [name_f]Carmilla[/name_f], [name_f]Celestina[/name_f], [name_f]Chastity[/name_f]
[name_f]Druella[/name_f], [name_f]Dolores[/name_f], [name_f]Delphi[/name_f]
Elladora
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f], [name_f]Griselda[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] ([name_f]Lillian[/name_f])
[name_f]Marjorie[/name_f], [name_f]Miranda[/name_f], [name_f]Marlene[/name_f], [name_f]Minerva[/name_f], [name_f]Morgana[/name_f], [name_f]Mallory[/name_f], [name_f]Miriam[/name_f], [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] (could go by [name_f]Mina[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Millie[/name_f])
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Pomona[/name_f], [name_f]Petunia[/name_f], Perenelle, [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Rolanda[/name_f], [name_f]Romilda[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Yvonne[/name_f]

[name_f]Marietta[/name_f] might not be the best character to name a child after when there are so many great characters and [name_f]Marietta[/name_f] was a sneak, but then again neither is [name_f]Marjorie[/name_f] (Aunt [name_f]Marge[/name_f]) or [name_f]Dolores[/name_f] :D.

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]’s MN was [name_f]Luna[/name_f]. You could also do a feminized version like [name_m]Albus[/name_m] [name_m]Severus[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] = [name_f]Severina[/name_f], [name_m]Draco[/name_m] [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] Malfoy = [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_m]Remus[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] Lupin = [name_f]Johanna[/name_f], [name_m]Ronald[/name_m] Bilius Weasley = [name_u]Billie[/name_u] etc.

I like [name_f]Marietta[/name_f] best of your options, but here are a few other character names

[name_f]Pomona[/name_f] (Sprout)
[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] (McGonagall)
[name_f]Charity[/name_f] (Burbage)
[name_f]Romilda[/name_f] ([name_m]Vane[/name_m])
Elphias (Doge)
[name_f]Hestia[/name_f] ([name_m]Jones[/name_m]) - may be too close to [name_f]Helena[/name_f] though
[name_f]Marlene[/name_f] (McKinnon)
[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] (Delacour)
[name_f]Olympe[/name_f] ([name_u]Maxime[/name_u])
[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] ([name_m]Black[/name_m])
[name_f]Lucretia[/name_f] ([name_m]Black[/name_m])

These one’s venture into Fantastic Beasts territory which I’m not sure if you are looking at
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] (Picquery)
Porpentina (Goldstein)

Middle Names of Characters:

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] (Umbridge)
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] (Fluer)
[name_f]Molly[/name_f] ([name_f]Ginny[/name_f])
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] ([name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m])

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]/[name_f]Willa[/name_f], but may like [name_f]Betty[/name_f] more as a nickname.

I like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], but think [name_u]Penny[/name_u] is dated and prefer [name_u]Nelly[/name_u] as a more current nickname… but that is in use for [name_f]Helena[/name_f], so I might skip [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] all together.

Suggestions:
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]/[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]/[name_f]Addy[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]/[name_u]Sunny[/name_u]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]/[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]/[name_u]Josie[/name_u]/Jozi
[name_f]Margret[/name_f]/[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Amabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Ami[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]/[name_f]Wendy[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]/[name_u]Teddy[/name_u]/[name_u]Dory[/name_u]/[name_f]Dottie[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] as alternate NNs for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f].