Surprise Baby Boy

After months of consulting the name generator (even after we’d picked our names) and months of being convinced we were having a girl (the ultrasound looked so much like me!), our baby born came into the world on [name_f]October[/name_f] 2nd. We named him [name_m]Ruben[/name_m] [name_m]Wells[/name_m]. Before we found out I was pregnant, I was sure we’d name a boy [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], but after, I realized that [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] was a tongue twister with big sister’s name [name_f]Ariela[/name_f] nn [name_u]Ari[/name_u]. I scored other Hebrew names and kept coming back to [name_m]Ruben[/name_m]. It met the requirement of working in both Spanish and [name_f]English[/name_f], and in both (at least where we’ve lived), it’s heard-of but not common. I loved the repeated R sounds in his name and his sister’s name. I loved the nickname [name_u]Rue[/name_u] that pairs well with [name_u]Ari[/name_u], and the old man sound to the name in [name_f]English[/name_f] and the sharpness in Spanish. We chose the middle name [name_m]Wells[/name_m] after my hero [name_f]Ida[/name_f] B. [name_m]Wells[/name_m] who we hope will be an inspiration for him. The name which literally means “Behold a [name_m]Son[/name_m]” packed on added meaning in the delivery room when we were surprised to see that as much as he looks like Mama, he was indeed a boy.

30 Likes

Congratulations! What a meaningful name!

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_m]Ruben[/name_m] is such an amazing name !! I bet [name_u]Ari[/name_u] is I love with her little brother !!

1 Like

Awww… Congrats on the birth of your son!

1 Like

Congratulations!! Great name!

1 Like

Congratulations! I absolutely love his name.

1 Like

I love the meaning of his name! Congratulations!!:tada::confetti_ball:

1 Like

Such a meaningful name. Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! What a handsome name!

Congratulations! [name_m]Ruben[/name_m] [name_m]Wells[/name_m] is so perfect.

Ruben [name_m]Wells[/name_m] is wonderful and I love all the thought that went into his name. Congratulations :partying_face:

Ruben is one of my favorites! [name_m]Ruben[/name_m] [name_m]Wells[/name_m] is such a handsome name, Congratulations!

What a great name! Goes so well with his sister, I agree! Congratulations :blush:

Well done and congrats! [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] have a long and full life, full of joy.

So sweet! Congratulations!!