Surprise Gender

My husband and I had three boys going into this delivery: [name_u]Connor[/name_u], [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] and [name_m]Ernest[/name_m]. We decided to keep the gender a surprise this time and it was so exciting!

Going into labor we hadn’t been able to nail down an official name for either gender. So when I delivered our daughter without any pain relief my husband whispered in my ear “What are we naming her?”. I immediately blurted out our long time love [name_f]Willa[/name_f].

Her full name is [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Darling[/name_f] [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] (thank goodness we have a one syllable surname). [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] was my Stepdad’s mom’s middle name (her full name was [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]). [name_f]Darling[/name_f] was my great grandma’s middle name and her grandma’s middle name. Finally [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] is my mom’s name.

I just love how meaningful her name is. She has so many nickname options and I think her name will serve her well (my brother’s were a little skeptical though).

I made a forum post here on Nameberry about the name [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] and if it’s too big of a name to give a baby in 2021. The responses were overwhelmingly positive. I’m not sure one response said it wasn’t usable. That post gave me more confidence to use [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]. Thank you all!

65 Likes

Congrats! She has a wonderful name :heart:. I love [name_f]Darling[/name_f] as a middle name!

Congratulations!!! I looove [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]! And I adore [name_f]Willa[/name_f]!

Congratulations! [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] “[name_f]Willa[/name_f]” is beautiful, and I love all the meaning behind it :revolving_hearts:

Congratulations!

Congratulations! Her name is amazing!

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! What a sweet name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Good luck and stay safe :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

What a gorgeous name and sweet story - congratulations!

That’s so sweet! [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Willa[/name_f]’ is darling. Congratulations!

Congratulations on your little girl! You have come up with a beautiful and meaning name.

Congrats, she has a beautiful name!!

What a beautiful name! Congrats!

Gorgeous name! Congratulations!

Congratulations! What a magical name! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::partying_face:

The name is so beautiful :star_struck:! Congrats :tada:!!!

Congratulations! Her name is just… well, [name_f]Darling[/name_f]!

Oh. [name_f]My[/name_f]. Goodness!! :heart_eyes: What a precious name for a sweet bundle of joy :heartbeat: congratulations!!! :sparkling_heart:

Congratulations! What a beautifully meaningful name.

congratulations!