Surprisingly Popular Twin Names

If you want to read something that really makes you laugh, go to the ssa website and click “Popular Names for Twins”. There are some very similar, matchy, and just plain bad twin names. Here are a few of the staggering numbers for some less-than-stellar combinations:

56 pairs of [name]Jayden[/name] and [name]Jordan[/name]
50 pairs of [name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Evan[/name]
43 pairs of [name]Taylor[/name] and [name]Tyler[/name]
42 pairs of [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name]
40 pairs of [name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Isaiah[/name]
35 pairs of [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Emma[/name]
34 pairs of [name]Landon[/name] and [name]Logan[/name]
29 pairs of [name]Faith[/name] and [name]Hope[/name]
27 pairs of [name]James[/name] and [name]John[/name]
27 pairs of [name]Madison[/name] and [name]Mason[/name]
24 pairs of [name]Addison[/name] and [name]Aiden[/name]
24 pairs of [name]Christian[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name]
24 pairs of [name]Jayden[/name] and [name]Jaylen[/name]
22 pairs of [name]Makayla[/name] and [name]Makenzie[/name]
20 pairs of [name]Jordan[/name] and [name]Justin[/name]
19 pairs of [name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Michael[/name] (If it was triplets you could always add [name]Raphael[/name]!)
17 pairs of [name]Faith[/name] and [name]Grace[/name]
17 pairs of [name]Jayda[/name] and [name]Jayden[/name] (plus 16 [name]Jada[/name] and Jadens)
15 pairs of [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Emma[/name]
14 pairs of [name]Heaven[/name] and [name]Nevaeh[/name]
13 pairs of [name]Adrian[/name] and [name]Adriana[/name]
13 pairs of [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Alexis[/name]
13 pairs of [name]Aiden[/name] and [name]Austin[/name]

And the best/worst:

14 pairs of [name]Autumn[/name] and [name]Summer[/name].

I went there about a week ago and was… well… kind of appalled. There was not one combo that I would ever use, and very few that I even liked.

I thought [name]Summer[/name] and [name]Autumn[/name] was bad, but I thought the worst was [name]Heaven[/name] and [name]Neveah[/name]! I see two things there. First, they have the same name. Second, if I were [name]Neveah[/name], I would feel like the backwards twin!

Oh dear … all those poor babies. I think [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] is passable, though … just. I identified with your comment on the [name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Michael[/name] combination - I named my son [name]Raphael[/name], and one of my main issues before I decided to use it was that I would not be able to call another son [name]Gabriel[/name] (an unusual name over here; we only seem to have Gabriellas).

[name]Heaven[/name] and [name]Nevaeh[/name]? Yikes. [name]Jayden[/name] and [name]Jaylen[/name]? Hurts my stomach.

This is fun though thanks for sharing it!

I love [name]Raphael[/name] and it’s great to hear people using it. I don’t know if I would be brave enough, especially since I live in the states. You live in [name]England[/name], right twinkle? Out of curiousity what other names were you considering with [name]Raphael[/name]?

[name]Nevaeh[/name] must be the Evil Twin in all those pairs.

– [name]Nephele[/name]

I found a few more at the bottom of the list that I wasn’t fond of:

[name]Aiden[/name] and [name]Ava[/name] (apparently these parents thought the title of [name]Pam[/name] and Lindas new book was a good twinset)

[name]Natalie[/name] and [name]Nathan[/name] (both called what? [name]Nat[/name]?)

Awe, say it isn’t so! (Seriously. Pleeease. [name]Say[/name] it isn’t so.) :slight_smile: I’m not sure whether to laugh or cry! [name]Jayda[/name] and [name]Jaydan[/name]? [name]Jaden[/name] and [name]Jordan[/name]? [name]Addison[/name] and [name]Aiden[/name]?

(Were there any [name]Madison[/name] and [name]Addison[/name] pairings? Then again, I don’t want to know.)

[name]Heaven[/name] and [name]Nevaeh[/name]? I think I lost a big 'ole chunk of IQ points just by reading that. I need to go find my happy place now. :slight_smile:

I have a cousin named [name]Madison[/name]. She’s in her 20’s so she was one of the first. Her mother says if she was a boy she would have been [name]Addison[/name] Had she been boy/girl twins, you guessed it [name]Madison[/name] and [name]Addison[/name]!

Those poor children!! My parents knew triplets in college (long time ago!) that were named [name]Faith[/name], [name]Hope[/name] and [name]Charity[/name]! That tops all for me!

My mother is [name]Primrose[/name], and as she was the first, her parents decided to continue the theme … but they didn’t use other flowers. Instead, they took the ‘prim’ part of her name, and called her sisters [name]Prudence[/name] and [name]Modesty[/name]. It’s lucky that their last child was a boy, otherwise he most likely would have been saddled with [name]Chastity[/name]!

Being a twin, I disagree with your vote of best/worst going to [name]Autumn[/name] and [name]Summer[/name]. Though very cheesy and weird, at least they are two distinct names. The worst are [name]Adrian[/name] and [name]Adriana[/name] (same name!), [name]Christian[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name] (same nickname!), and [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Alexis[/name] (same nickname!)…

People need to stop thinking about how ridiculously cute they can get with twin names and realize that twins (especially identical) get the twin cutesy reaction even without ridiculous name sets that make me want to vomit. Sorry!

Yikes! [name]Christian[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name]?! [name]Heaven[/name] and [name]Nevaeh[/name]?!

Are [name]Summer[/name] and [name]Autumn[/name] that bad???

In my years of teaching I have come across:
Twins and triplets:
[name]Aiden[/name] and [name]Jaiden[/name]
[name]Holly[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] ([name]Born[/name] in [name]June[/name]!!)
[name]Lola[/name] and [name]Nola[/name]
and triplets
[name]Hope[/name], [name]Faith[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] (middle names are [name]True[/name], [name]Joy[/name] and [name]Honor[/name])

[name]Gracie[/name]

i like the names that go together i wouldnt use it but i think some of them are cute

[name]Autumn[/name] and [name]Summer[/name] are not that bad, they just happen to be my least favorite. However, they beat [name]Heaven[/name] and [name]Nevaeh[/name] by a very small margin!

I think it’s nice to have names which are linked, but not obviously, for example twins [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], which both mean ‘gift of God’.

Another idea for “names with the same meanings but different roots*” for twins that I recall is [name]Deborah[/name] and [name]Melissa[/name] (the former has Hebrew origns while the latter is from Greek, but both mean “bee”). [name]Both[/name] of those names may be too dated (albeit to different eras) for some of us though.

*Here I am referring to names with different origins to begin with, not cognates of the same root name (an example of the latter would be [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name], which I have heard of those used in the same sibset before).

[name]Ezra[/name] and [name]Ophelia[/name] are another lovely set, both meaning ‘aid, help’. Or perhaps [name]Ormond[/name] and his sister [name]Scarlett[/name], both of whom have red hair :slight_smile: