Sweet name for a cat?

I might be getting a cat soon! (fingers crossed) I’m super nervous as this would be my first ever pet while living on my own. Nothing is set in stone but I’m trying to come up with names in the meantime. The one I’m looking at is a grey domestic shorthair with beautiful green eyes. She’s calm and very affectionate, and I’ve heard she likes to hide in bathroom cabinets. [name_m]Even[/name_m] better, she’s also a talkative cat, which I’m really excited about. I haven’t actually had the chance to name a living creature all on my own before, and I’m super indecisive.
There was another kitty at the shelter that I decided not to adopt, but she had a beautiful name ([name_f]Liesel[/name_f]). Suddenly, I can’t think of a better name for a cat! I’m not sure if I could use it, though. The kitty I’m hoping for just doesn’t look like a [name_f]Liesel[/name_f] and I would feel weird naming her after the cat I ended up not adopting. She doesn’t look like a [name_f]Gretel[/name_f] either, and that was the closest I could come up with as far as style. I want a unique, sweet, and soft sounding name, and I would love some suggestions! It could be a human name or something else entirely (grandma names are always welcome).

Other names I’ve thought of:

Smidgie
[name_u]Lael[/name_u]
Soup
[name_f]Martha[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Maggie[/name_f])
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
Lynnie

1 Like

My cat also likes go into any cabinet that you open. :smiley:

Soup! Lol cute
[name_f]Martha[/name_f] and [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] sound great for a cat. What about…

Ms Marple (maybe she will be a sleuth?)
[name_f]Stormy[/name_f]
Spoon
[name_f]Whisper[/name_f] (ironic!)
Breadcrumbs
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]

2 Likes

I’m partial to [name_f]Lois[/name_f]. :wink:
From your description of her I think [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], and [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] would suit her!

Can I suggest [name_f]Linnet[/name_f], nickname [name_f]Linnie[/name_f]?

1 Like

Phoebe on a cat is the cutest thing!!!

1 Like

Hi there.

Oh, she sounds like a little angel. :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

I’m kind of loving [name_f]Martha[/name_f] from your list. I like other names from your list a lot like [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] & [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], but the description of the little princess sounds like a [name_f]Martha[/name_f].

A few other ideas:

Annie

Catia/Katia

Estelle

Elizabeth

Frances

Isabel

Louisa

Maeve

Maude

Nora

Olive

Olivia

Stella

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Linnet[/name_f] nn [name_f]Linnie[/name_f]! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That’s a really cute name for a curious cat! :heart: Maybe if I read [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_u]Christie[/name_u] more often.

1 Like

Personally, I’ve always had my heart set on naming my future ragdoll or golden retriever [name]Queenie[/name_f].

1 Like

I think [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] are adorable. I’ll suggest [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], [name_f]Lula[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], [name_f]Esme[/name_f], [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f], [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. I think those share similar sounds with [name_f]Liesel[/name_f] without it being the same name! [name_f]Vera[/name_f], [name_f]Betty[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], and [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] give me grandma vibes.

1 Like

How about [name_f]Luna[/name_f]?