Swifties Topic

Hello! I’m sure I’m not the only one on Nameberry who loves [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m], so I thought we could have a thread to discuss our favorite songs, albums, [name_f]Easter[/name_f] egg theories, etc.

1 Like

Okay, I will bite. What does [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] have to do with [name_f]Easter[/name_f] eggs?

3 Likes

Hahaha, [name_f]Easter[/name_f] eggs like in a movie where they have a bit of a clue, if you will. Such as, in one music video that [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] did, you could briefly see a photo of the [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] Chicks in the background. She later that year released a song with the Chicks. Things like that. :slight_smile:

I’m an adult, but I shamelessly adore her storytelling and lyricism. Definitely a big fan!

2 Likes

Oh, okay. She’s not my style, but my thirty year old daughter loves her.
I admire that she has begun to speak her mind more instead of just being everyone’s idea of a lovely blonde American.
I’m more into alternative women—[name_f]Alanis[/name_f] Morisette, [name_f]Sinead[/name_f] O’[name_u]Connor[/name_u]. Or what used to be alternative awhile back, lol.

2 Likes

I think my favorite is actually folklore, then 1989.

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I never liked [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] until Miss [name_f]Americana[/name_f] and now folklore. Oh my, what an album! Now I love her with a passion that greatly amuses my partner based on my typical music taste of ‘as alternative as you can get’.

But she did it! She has eclipsed everyone and totally become her own person. I literally can’t listen to folklore without ugly crying. The authenticity, the vulnerability…

I’m not great with the [name_f]Easter[/name_f] eggs but I have some theories about the meaning behind some of her latest songs…

I think Hoax is fundamentally about [name_u]Scott[/name_u] Borchetta. It sounds like a relationship song but I think that’s because she’s moving away from being so literal. The betrayal is undeniable.

[name_u]Peace[/name_u] (such a kick in the guts song) I think is about the surrender that comes when you choose to be with someone for life and it humbles the shit out of you, making you realise you’re not that great and neither is your partner really but you love each other and want to make it work (relate so much).

I read somewhere that she usually uses the last song on the album to indicate where she is headed next, and to me The Lakes is telling us she is done with fame and stardom and is ready to settle down. I wouldn’t be surprised if I pregnancy announcement comes soon and she doesn’t make any new music for a while!

1 Like

I am a cross between surprised, casual, and very excited that there is a thread for this.

1 Like

I’m so proud of [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m]. Folklore really showcased how versatile she is as an artist- I got a Folklore album printed and framed for my room. I just admire that woman so much.

My favorite song from Folklore is Exile!

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m]! I honestly don’t know if I have a favourite album as I love all of the different styles of each. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite song from Folklore is The One. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite ever song is All Too Well for sure.

Have any of you seen her in concert?
I’ve been lucky enough to see her twice for 1989 and Reputation. [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t wait to see her again.

2 Likes

I’ve wanted to ever since I was a nerdy 13-year old listening to her music for the first time, but unfortunately I’ve never gotten to go. I’m saving a little bit at a time so that hopefully I can get to go to her next concert, whenever that tour happens to be.

Am I the only one who’s a fan of her older stuff?? :sweat_smile: Honestly I still listen to some of her first albums… lots of nostalgia for me :heart::heart:

1 Like

Such a good album! Breathe from that album was always one of my favourites :heart:

But there were so many good ones :sob::sob: I would want to know the extent to which she wrote them though :thinking:

1 Like

omg yes!! [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] superfan right here!!
I had the opportunity to meet her at Sessions last [name_u]August[/name_u]!! She’s the most wonderful person in the whole wide world

1 Like

I confess: I don’t understand my daughter’s love for this singer. Especially since my daughter was raised on the likes of [name_f]Alanis[/name_f] Morissette and [name_f]Sinead[/name_f] O’[name_u]Connor[/name_u]. And the occasional [name_f]Madonna[/name_f] thrown in. Oh, well, to each their own.

1 Like

I enjoy many of her songs. Idk anything about albums and I’m not great with easter eggs so some of her songs I like are:

Teardrops on my guitar
Blank space
You belong with me
We are never ever getting back together
Bad blood
I knew you were trouble
Style
Back to [name_u]December[/name_u]

[name_m]Favorite[/name_m] parody: Take Exams by Acapella [name_u]Science[/name_u]

2 Likes

A [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] concert would be so much fun! I haven’t listened to her new album yet only snippets from the radio but my favourite songs are

• Red
  • Wildest dreams
  • Blank space
  • Everything has changed
  • You belong with me
  • Begin again
  • Mine
  • Gorgeous
  • Back to [name_u]December[/name_u]
  • Style

Is the new album any good?

2 Likes

Oh, I love [name_f]Alanis[/name_f] Morissette!!! I don’t think these singers have to be mutually exclusive though. I enjoy pop including [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] but I also enjoy alternative

1 Like

The new album is really good. Please listen to it! It’s gold!!!

1 Like