Sybil vs Nadine?

Can’t choose. Older sister’s name is [name_u]Quincy[/name_u]. Tell me your opinion!

Definitely [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]! [name_f]Nadine[/name_f] just feels dated to me, but [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] seems spunky enough for a comeback.

I like [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] better.

I like [name_f]Nadine[/name_f] more. I know a couple of young Nadines, so to me it seems more contemporary than [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f]. I’ve heard it pronounced as both nay-deen and nuh-deen though, so I wonder which pronunciation you use?

I prefer [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

I like both the same, but I prefer [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]'s nicknames so I’m going with that! Neither would be a bad choice though.

Not sure if you would be interested but I have a co worker named [name_f]Nadina[/name_f], which i thought was a different but pretty take on [name_f]Nadine[/name_f]. I’m also partial to names ending in A.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Nadine[/name_f]! It has great meaning and sound

I love both names - but I am a nick name person so I would personally choose [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]

[name_f]Nadine[/name_f]!

[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] just feels old lady like

I love [name_f]Nadine[/name_f]! Like the previous poster said, [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] sounds pretty old. I also thing of [name_f]Sybill[/name_f] Trelawney from [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], which is never a good look.

The lack of consensus here is very interesting! To me, [name_f]Nadine[/name_f] is very middle-aged to grandma sounding, and [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] is sweet and vintage.

With [name_u]Quincy[/name_u] I do think [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] works so well, but I absolutely adore [name_f]Nadine[/name_f] and don’t see it enough so I lean that direction. Really either of these names, or even in combination like [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Nadine[/name_f], are a good choice.

I really like [name_f]Nadine[/name_f] – it feels sleek, sophisticated and timeless to me.

But with big sister [name_u]Quincy[/name_u], I think [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] would be really cool. [name_u]Quincy[/name_u] and Sybbie or [name_u]Quincy[/name_u] and [name_u]Billie[/name_u] would be adorable!

I love the way [name_u]Quincy[/name_u] and [name_f]Nadine[/name_f] sound together!!! [name_f]Dee[/name_f], [name_u]Dean[/name_u] or [name_f]Dina[/name_f] would be cute nicknames too!

I love [name_f]Nadine[/name_f].