Sydney or Isla?

Which one do you prefer? We are having a hard time deciding. Thanks!

They are both pretty! I like them for different reasons. I love [name]Sydney[/name] because it is strong but still feminine enough, I like the nn “syd” and I’ve always met sweet and beautiful girls named [name]Sydney[/name]. I like [name]Isla[/name] because it is a beautiful sounding name without trying too hard.

[name]Both[/name] of these names have been on my list. I was worried about [name]Sydney[/name] being too popular, but I posted one time on another board and was surprised that people responded that they only knew 1 person or so with the name.

Can’t go wrong with either! If it was me, I’d probably end up picking [name]Sydney[/name]… but it would be a struggle because they are both great names!

I don’t know why but I was never fond of [name]Sydney[/name]. I much prefer [name]Isla[/name]. It’s more feminine, soft and gentle.

I like [name]Sidney[/name] on a boy, so I’d definitely use [name]Isla[/name]! It’s a sweet, feminine name. It’s absolutely gorgeous.

To me, [name]Sydney[/name] is more of a boys name, even with the y.
[name]Isla[/name], on the other hand, has it all: femininity, elegance, and strength. Beautiful and my obvious choice!
xo, theatrenut23

[name]Isla[/name] is my husbands favorite so he is going to love the way this post is going :slight_smile: Thanks for the replies so far :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Isla[/name]:slight_smile:

I really like both, but my heart leans toward liking [name]Isla[/name] just a little more. Best of luck on your decision!

[name]Isla[/name] is gorgeous! [name]Sydney[/name] is cute too, but I feel like it is kind of 10 yrs ago.

[name]Isla[/name]! I agree with a pp that [name]Sydney[/name] feels a bit dated, and I’ve heard [name]Sidney[/name] for boys quite a bit lately so it feels a bit masculine to me, too. Right after I finished seeing the TV show Alias, though, I loved [name]Sydney[/name] for a girl. I think [name]Isla[/name] will age better, personally, but I think [name]Isla[/name] [name]Sydney[/name] would be a really cute combo.

Good luck!

I prefer [name]Isla[/name] because I do not prefer unisex name.

[name]Isla[/name] for sure!!!

[name]Isla[/name] :slight_smile: Not a fan of [name]Sydney[/name] as place names can come across a little tacky, and [name]Sydney[/name] seems a little dated to me.

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]SYDNEY[/name]! just picture a gorgeous girl!!

[name]Isla[/name] by a thousand miles.

I’d have to go with Isla. That said, I do love the name Sidonia, which is a variation of Sydney.