... Sylvester?

Maybe I’m in too deep with all the boy names… Is [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] any good?

I like [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] quite a bit. I do prefer [name_m]Silvius[/name_m] myself, but I would be so delighted to meet a little [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m].

It’s a lovely meaning and I think it has a nice sound. I do feel in general it’s one of those names that is not unpopular because it’s undiscovered, but unpopular because people have very strong (negative) opinions on it.

I like the beginning of [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m], but it feels weighed down by the ending. I much prefer [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] (and [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]/[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] for girls). Besides, I think of the cartoon cat and [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] Stallone.

[name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] is okay. I think [name_m]Sly[/name_m] or [name_m]Sy[/name_m] are both cool nicknames. I think of [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] Stallone.

Meh… There are other better names out there. I’ll save this name for the tuxedo cat my children will bring home someday and beg me to keep.

1 Like

I really like it! It does make me think of [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] the cat though :confused:

I actually really like [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m], I think it’s quite handsome and charming. [name_u]Silver[/name_u] would be a cool nickname, too.

I actually really like [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m]. If [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] can overcome being a crab and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] overcome being a grouch and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] can overcome being a Dickensian orphan and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] overcome being a cat, surely [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] is usable :slight_smile:

That’s my cats name! I love it a lot! We call him Sylv or [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] most of the time.

I really like [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m]! I think it’s ripe for rediscovery.

I’d have to meet a little kid named [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] for this to “click” for me.

I like it.

[name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] is good but I prefer [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]. I’d love to meet a baby [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m]!