Sylvie and Charlotte

Are [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] a good sib set? [name_u]Or[/name_u] does [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] make [name_f]Silvie[/name_f] seem too nicknamey? Also…can [name_f]Silvie[/name_f] be spelt with a C? Cylvie?

1 Like

I can see why you think that [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] seems a bit nicknamey compared to Charlotte! [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is a popular classic name and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] seems like a vintage underused nickname name like Hattie. I can see them being okay together as a sibset! Not the most perfect match in the world but a good one if they’re your favorite names! Maybe for a longer name try [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] or [name_f]Sylva[/name_f] you might like that better with Charlotte!

I prefer the [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] spelling the most! I think [name_f]Silvie[/name_f] looks a bit too similar to [name_u]Silver[/name_u] and Cylvie looks a bit made up to me but if you really like it, go for it!

1 Like

I find [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] & [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] unexpected as siblings, yet still similar. Both are elegant, stylish, and chic.
[name_f]Silvie[/name_f] looks very close to silver and I would beg you not to spell [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] with a C.

I think [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] work really well as siblings! They do have slightly different vibes to me, but the shared [name_u]French[/name_u] origin is a nice little link to tie them together. Plus they just sound good together (subjective of course, but I think so!). [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is definitely my favorite spelling–I’m not the biggest fan of [name_f]Silvie[/name_f] or Cylvie personally, but you should go with what you love!

2 Likes

Echoing what @dandy_orchid has said about the cohesiveness of the [name_u]French[/name_u] origin, I know a (French) sibset of [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] so [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] seem like a natural pair of sisters to me!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] & [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] work really well as siblings both names are classics and very feminine. I appreciate that [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is a vintage nickname whereas [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is a formal choice which does make the sibling set feel unexpected however I think it’s actually rather sweet. I would not spell [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] with a c it looks odd.

I think [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] work lovely together, although I think I would like [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] even more!

dandy_orchid brought up a great point about both names being of [name_u]French[/name_u] origin. It definitely ties the names together and makes the pairing feel a little bit more intentional. Of the three spellings you have, Sylvie, Silvie, and Cylvie, I think [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is the most ‘complete’ looking. The other two will be prone to a lifetime of misspellings. This may not bother you though, as it doesn’t bother some people.

For some reason, [name_f]Silvie[/name_f] actually feels more nicknamey to me than [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] does! Cylvie is okay, it’s usable, but I greatly prefer Sylvie. With Cylvie, I have to stop myself from saying it with a ‘K’ sound in the beginning!

2 Likes

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] are lovely! I think [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] looks best

I think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] & [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] are perfect sister names! They have a gently [name_u]French[/name_u] vibe and are both so charming. :slight_smile:

Definitely stick with the [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] spelling.

I actually have both [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] on my list, and I have often wondered about how they would sound as sisters.

When I saw your post and read the names together, it just further confirmed to me how well they sound together!

Though [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is definitely shorter and more nicknamey, I think that they are both elegant, beautiful vintage names and that they make a great sister set!

I think they’re a great pair! Bothbeing [name_u]French[/name_u] and two syllables they work together really well. I think [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is the best spelling with Charlotte.

I prefer [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] from [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] as a NN. So [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] and Charlotte. Cylvie doesn’t look right at all to me, sorry.
[name_f]My[/name_f] name is actually [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and to me [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is like the equivalent to being called [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] for Charlotte.( I actually get [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] all the time) but yeah that’s just my views.

I prefer the traditional spelling of Sylvie, I think it works great with Charlotte!

I’ve never heard of this & love it. :slight_smile:

Seems too kre8tiv.

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughters are [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and Susannah, so [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] don’t seem odd at all to me. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is a complete name on its own, not just a nickname. I love the subtle [name_u]French[/name_u] vibe that [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] have! Absolutely stunning! I’d stick with the [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] spelling.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m in [name_f]England[/name_f] and I honestly wouldn’t bat an eyelid at meeting a [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] & [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] - can’t think of any reason that it wouldn’t work. They both have a similar vibe to me.