Sylvie or Louisa?

See the results of this poll: Which is your favorite?

Respondents: 10 (This poll is closed)

• Sylvie : 5 (50%)
  • Louisa: 5 (50%)

While I adore [name]Louisa[/name], I think [name]Sylvie[/name] is a better choice with [name]Violet[/name] and also frees you to use [name]Leo[/name] some day (which I think might be too close to [name]Lulu[/name]). [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is gorgeous, and I’m insanely jealous of a [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Sylvie[/name] sibset. I like the coordinating “v” sounds. I would use [name]Oliver[/name] for a boy to continue this very subtle pattern.

Good luck!

[name]Both[/name] stunning choices and they’re so different it was difficult to choose! However with [name]Robby[/name] and [name]Violet[/name], I like [name]Sylvie[/name], because it keeps with the two-syllable theme (probably unintended but it sounds nice) and adds a playful touch that [name]Louisa[/name] lacks (although it does have the [name]Lulu[/name] nn). Yes I love [name]Juliet[/name] too but you have great choices that sound better with [name]Violet[/name]. For the boys I love [name]Oliver[/name], then [name]Jonah[/name]. [name]Jonah[/name] may be more unexpected even if [name]Oliver[/name] fits slightly better.

Wonderful feedback. Thanks guys! I also love the playful feel of sylvie too. I sometimes worry that it sounds a bit nickname-y but it’s really not a big deal. Louisa is so pretty and elegant though, and of course old fashioned too. hmmm

My fav boy name is Oliver, so it think both go pretty well with sibs names :slight_smile:

[name]Louisa[/name] is my favourite name and is my daughter’s middle name. [name]Sylvie[/name] is a great name, too, although I prefer the Italian [name]Silvia[/name]/[name]Silvana[/name] to [name]Sylvie[/name]. But [name]Louisa[/name] – there are many days when I wish that I had put [name]Louisa[/name] first on my daughter. She, however, hates the name. (But she is the only one. Everyone who learns her middle name loves it.) [name]Louisa[/name] is a family name, after my great-grandmother [name]Maria[/name] [name]Luisa[/name] Plack [name]Hammett[/name], who died at 98.

Aw, what a sweet story :). I think that as she gets older she will eventually like her middle name. It’s pretty uncommon now, so she probably likes the more popular names that all the other girls have. I love how poetic [name]Louisa[/name] sounds and even though it’s not a popular girls name it is popular in literature, which really appeals to me! [name]Sylvie[/name] is sooo cute, and also very pretty, but it does that the poetic feel that I love. Not a deal breaker though by any means. Sylvie is still a gorgeous, very special sounding name. It sparkles for me :slight_smile:

But Eloise is also creeping back into my list of course! hehe. I feel like it’s going to explode in popularity anytime soon though, so I’m cautious with this one. Plus, all the Elle names are really annoying, haha!