Sylvie, Rhea, or Piper?

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] has been our front-runner for a while, but it doesn’t go great with our last name, [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]. Other options we have considered, [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] and [name_u]Piper[/name_u]. What is your favorite? Siblings are [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_u]Theo[/name_u], and [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]. We are trying to incorporate a family name as a middle name. Here are our choices. Any suggestions appreciated!!

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Rita[/name_f]

Sylvie Paulette

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]

[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]

[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]

[name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Rhea[/name_f]

There is no competition here. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] blows your other options out of the water. And I detest [name_u]Piper[/name_u].

My favorite is [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], then [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f].

I love seeing these responses already! This is so interesting. Now what do you guys think about [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] with the last name [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]? Too sing-songy? And do you think [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] will be confusing since her sister’s name is [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]… you know, with the two S’s?

Oh, and do you think it will be confusing since her sister’s name is [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]?

ha! My husband kinda hates [name_u]Piper[/name_u] too. :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] doesn’t work particularly well. Any other Sylv- name would be fine though, it’s just the ending. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvana[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvaine[/name_f], or Sylviane?

[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] is a spectacular name (prn [name_u]RAY[/name_u]-uh in particular, which avoids any ‘diarrhea’ jokes). I love it balanced with a long, cool, elegant middle like [name_f]Katherine[/name_f].

[name_u]Piper[/name_u] is a name I fail to appreciate. It’s someone who plays the pipes, and a small airplane. I suppose it’s spunky, whatever that means, but compared with classical beauties like [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] I can’t get on board.

I love love [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]!! [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f] is my fave… [name_u]Piper[/name_u] would be 2nd choice… good luck!!

Thanks for the feedback guys! This is great. Only problem with [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] is that I live in an area where [name_f]Silvia[/name_f] and [name_f]Silva[/name_f] are VERY common last names. It would be kinda weird. [name_m]Even[/name_m] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is kind of pushing it, just because people around here think of it as a last name.

[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_f]Katharine[/name_f] is my hands-down favorite, although [name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Katharine[/name_f] also sounds nice.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] by a mile. I think it goes fine with your last name. And a lot of siblings share a first initial so I don’t see that being an issue either

I think [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f] is beautiful and much prefer [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] to the other two first name options. You could go with [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] as a first name and still call her [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]. Yes, traditionally a boy’s name, but not a very common one and very usable and gorgeous on a girl if you ask me.

I am so stuck between [name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]. With the longer middle, I feel like [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] will sound cute with [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]! [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u], sounds great! [name_u]Piper[/name_u] is an adorable name, and I really like it. I don’t mind [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] together, but it depends on if you want to create a pattern or not.

It won’t matter if you have two S names, since you already have two T names! It will balance it, if anything.

My vote goes to [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] or [name_f]Rhea[/name_f]. Not a fan of [name_u]Piper[/name_u]. Your middle name options are faultless. I like [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f].

[name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is my favorite. [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] makes me think of diarrhea. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] doesn’t have the best flow, but I don’t think it’s a total dealbreaker. If you love it, you should go for it.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] doesn’t work for me, sorry.

I don’t think Sylvie Murphy works very well. I’d worry about teasing with Rhea, and Piper sounds to me more like a cute nickname for Phillipa than a sturdy name that a girl can grow up into. (BTW, Phillipa would work pretty well with your sibset, and you could call her Piper until she’s in college).

Might I suggest Helena or Camille as first names instead of in the middle?

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] is a little bit sing-songy, I’m afraid. I must agree with what others have said about [name_u]Piper[/name_u]… to put it nicely, it’s on my least favorite names list. :slight_smile: Haha. I love [name_f]Rhea[/name_f]; it’s so underused and I never made a connection to diarrhea before this thread. [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is fabulous and sounds great with your last name. Good luck!

Took the words right out of my mouth. Love Rhea Katherine Murphy. I would never have thought of diarrhea either; honestly, if Pia is usable, Rhea definitely is. Silvie just doesn’t work in my opinion, and Piper doesn’t move me as much either with the double ‘er’ sound in Piper Murphy.