Tabitha and Marion

What do you think of [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Parker[/name] and [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Broderick[/name]‘s daughters’ names, [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Hodge[/name] and [name]Marion[/name] [name]Loretta[/name] Elwell?

I love the name [name]Tabitha[/name], don’t care for [name]Marion[/name] at all. [name]Love[/name] that they used family names as their middle, but I think they should have given [name]Tabitha[/name] two middle names like [name]Marion[/name] and [name]James[/name] have.

I thought the son was named [name]James[/name] [name]Wilkie[/name] [name]Broderick[/name]? Does he have another middle?

I don’t mind that one of the children has two middles and the others don’t. I like both [name]Marion[/name] and [name]Tabitha[/name] individually, but not necessarily for a sib set. I suppose it is better than being too matchy matchy though!

I haaate the names! Ugh,
and ya, there sons name is [name]James[/name] [name]Wilkie[/name]. One middle name.
I hate the sound of [name]Tabitha[/name]… all I can think of is an ugly witch. not a cute baby.

I think [name]Tabitha[/name] is cute, actually. My only beef with the sibset is that [name]Marion[/name] has 2 middles and [name]Tabitha[/name] doesn’t. That just seems really strange to me. Oh, I guess I have two beefs. The second is that [name]Tabitha[/name] is strictly feminine and [name]Marion[/name] can go both ways. I think its nice if they both have the same feel. Either unisex or not.

Oops. I thought [name]James[/name] was [name]James[/name] Wilke [name]Parker[/name] [name]Broderick[/name]. Never mind.

I think they have distinct images for me. [name]Tabitha[/name] from Bewitched and [name]Marion[/name], my grandmother. I have always thus considered it a girl’s name. Few men are named [name]Marion[/name], few if any boys are named [name]Marion[/name]. I’m confused by the current affinity for the name [name]Tabitha[/name], as it was when I was younger, a kind of “[name]Brittany[/name].” You saw someone famous or a tv character baby with that name and if you got knocked up at the age of 15 or 16, you might think it was adorable. I can’t take that name seriously, I know it’s been 20/30 some odd years, somewhere in there, but to me, it is stuck in a short trend that died out after the show went off the air. I don’t care if the literal name is older than that. Although - it may be one of the instigators for people designing ever new and recently unheard of names for their children. Once [name]Tabitha[/name] was out of the gate, people weren’t constrained to the common lists anymore.

[name]Marion[/name], to me, has been one of those names I’d been saving. I think my mom would still say yuck. She loves her mother, but the older people get, including me, the more a name has an association with a time and no matter what everyone else is doing, some people who are still alive think old lady names are fads in themselves - [name]Sarah[/name] is timeless. Calling her [name]Sally[/name] or [name]Sadie[/name] or, you know, just [name]Sarah[/name], is what’s in fashion. When all the old ladies named [name]Beatrice[/name] die, there will still be people old enough to remember them and feel young children should have a name like - nobody still alive remembers anyone so old as to have the name. I have some issues with the old lady cool name list and the names that will probably never be revived list. The sound of [name]Marion[/name] is so cool and I like it. I still see it so disparate from my image of [name]Tabitha[/name], and the sound, as to consider this a weird choice for twins or even the same person’s list of favorite names.

I think two is a limit of middle names, but I don’t care about the even [name]Steven[/name]. Some can have one and some can have two. Life’s not fair. Nobody mentioned “[name]Loretta[/name].” I don’t like diminutive -ette and -etta names, but other than that, [name]Marion[/name] and [name]Loretta[/name] seem like twins. [name]Tabitha[/name] seems like a visitor. [name]Hodge[/name] and Elwell must be sort of important somehow. Looks like they flipped a coin to see who got [name]Loretta[/name]'d. They might have left it out, but I assume it must be important and they didn’t have anyone else left to honor and didn’t want to just choose a name without any significance for the sake of being “fair.”

All in all, adequate names. Nobody is going to get hurt by those names or having them or having a twin with more middle names.

Actually, [name]Marion[/name] was included because their son, [name]James[/name] [name]Wilkie[/name], looked at [name]Baby[/name] A when she was born and asked if she could be called [name]Marion[/name] - legally. His parents consented, yet he is the only one who calls her [name]Marion[/name]. Everyone else calls her [name]Loretta[/name], so really the girls are [name]Tabitha[/name] and [name]Loretta[/name]. I know this from a recent interview [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Jessica[/name] gave to [name]ELLE[/name] Magazine, in which she also shared that [name]Loretta[/name] is nicknamed “[name]Kitty[/name],” while her sister, [name]Tabitha[/name], is “[name]Babe[/name].”