Tahlia or Talia

I think we’re pretty much decided on Ta(h)lia [name]Scarlett[/name], but the question is: with or without the H?

We want the pronunciation [name]TAH[/name]-li-a (not [name]TAE[/name]-li-a or [name]TAHL[/name]-ya) which makes me lean towards the spelling [name]Tahlia[/name], but we don’t want to unnecessarily complicate things if people would always pronounce [name]Talia[/name] that way anyway.

What do you think, name lovers? Thanks.

I personally like the “H”

it seems a little…unfinished(?) without it

I think [name]Talia[/name] is the correct spelling with that pronounciation. I know I have met a couple of girls with that name and it was said like tahlia. I think one of them was named [name]Natalia[/name] and nicknamed [name]Talia[/name]. I think [name]Tahlia[/name] is making it more complicated than it needs to be.

I like it without the h, and personally have no trouble pronouncing [name]Talia[/name] [name]TAH[/name]-lee-ah. I can’t speak for anyone else out there - teachers or human resource type people may mispronounce it at a guess if they’ve never heard the name, but probably not for the most part, I’m guessing, it shouldn’t be very difficult for most people.

I have never seen the variant [name]Tahlia[/name], it looks like misspelled [name]Thalia[/name], instead of easily pronounce as one letter off from [name]Dahlia[/name], so I might even stumble over it if I saw it and had to read it out loud.

I like [name]Tahlia[/name] more. [name]Tahlia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is a beautiful name!

[name]Talia[/name] is the authentic spelling, and I think it’s gorgeous. I’ve known many Talias in my lifetime, and I’m not aware of any pronunciation issues. For me, [name]Tahlia[/name] looks rather strange and fussy, as though someone is trying way too hard to make an already gorgeous, exotic name even more special.

I think [name]Talia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is elegant. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Talia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name], but not [name]Tahlia[/name].

Thank you everyone! I think we are decided: [name]Talia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name].

[name]Talia[/name] is very rare here in UK, so it was good to hear from some people who had heard the name before to reassure me about the pronunciation. Thanks!

[name]Talia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is absolutely beautiful :slight_smile: What a wonderful choice!!!

I love [name]Talia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name], and think it’s a great choice, too! :slight_smile: Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Talia[/name] better… it looks like you’re trying too hard when it’s spelled [name]Tahlia[/name], if that makes any sense.

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name though… it’s on my top 10 for girls!

Beautiful…congratulations!!