Taking a NB pause thread

Hey, just wanted to start a thread where people can post if they’re taking a pause from Nameberry or signing off completely, so that they don’t feel like they need to disappear without saying goodbye.

Not that anyone has to say goodbye, but I’ve noticed over the last six months that it feels odd when people just disappear.

7 Likes

Personally, it’s one of my [name_u]New[/name_u] Year’s goals to pause NB in 2021. That is, to pause NB in three days time.

I’ve enjoyed being part of this very friendly community, but want to use my time on other things in the new year, including more help for my wife, and more time for my kids. (I sound like a politician retiring, but it’s true). I may still respond to the occasional direct message or quote which appears in my email inbox, but that’ll be my limit. I’d say it’s been real, but it actually hasn’t… it’s been all online (groan… bad Dad joke). It has however been a very kind community, and I’ve appreciated the last half year.

I’ll probably check back a few more times till [name_u]New[/name_u] Year’s, and then I reckon you won’t hear from again unless / until we announce another kid or need help naming one.

17 Likes

I’m going to take a break for at least the next week because I’ve been procrastinating too much and need to focus on other things.

I may extend this break if it’s doing me good, but we’ll see.

11 Likes

Due to personal stuff, I’m taking an extended break from NB. I’m just not in the best place mentally right now and have a lot of things impacting my enjoyment of names.

4 Likes