Talk about the Previous Name!

A bit like the previous signature thing which seems to be enjoyed by you.

You post one name, the next poster talks about it- what they think about it, associations, what images pop up when they read the name, any sceneries, colours, music, art that they think of, sibling names that they see with the name.

Example:

A: [name_m]Henry[/name_m]

B: [name_m]Henry[/name_m] reminds me of a little mischievous boy that plays pranks on his older sisters, [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] & [name_f]Alice[/name_f].
He is blue/green to me and when I think about the name it reminds me of xy from the show yx.
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] loves books and traveling, he makes rockets out of cardboard everyday, pretending to fly to the moon.
ETC. ETC. ETC.

NEXT NAME: [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]

C: [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] is…

I can’t guarantee that you will get a super long answer, especially if your posted name is not really the next poster’s style but try to write as much as you’d like to receive :slight_smile:

[name_m]Virgil[/name_m].

BTW, this is the perfect thread. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Virgil[/name_m] revokes an image of a chubby (as in a chubby toddler NOT overweight) little boy in the 1940s, wearing shorts with braces, knee socks and sandals playing with his tin cars and planes on the sandy ground next to a stable.

It also reminds me of an older British gentleman, probably because of the similarity in sound to [name_m]Churchill[/name_m].
I’m not too big on the name itself as it also reminds me very much of Virgin.
Sibling names I’d pair with [name_m]Virgil[/name_m] are [name_u]Francis[/name_u] and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f].

[name_u]ELLIOTT[/name_u]

It reminds me of a snobbish kind of boy, but that’s just my opinion. There’s nothing objectively wrong with it at all.
Siblings? [name_u]James[/name_u], maybe. I’m not great with sibsets.

[name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]

[name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f] reminds me of a tall lanky skinny girl with short mousey brown hair who runs cross country and plays the flute. I would pair [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f] with sisters [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] “[name_f]Mina[/name_f]” and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]. She does well in school, and has a close group of friends named [name_f]Kayla[/name_f] and [name_u]Jamie[/name_u].

[name_f]Noemie[/name_f]

[name_f]Noemie[/name_f] is a graceful and nice, African-American (not that that matters but it is a detail) girl in my mind, but I prefer [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] by a long shot.

[name_u]Whit[/name_u]

[name_u]Whit[/name_u]: I see a handsome little boy who likes to make a little bit of trouble. Sibling names: boys - [name_m]Nolan[/name_m], [name_m]Alec[/name_m], and [name_m]Mitch[/name_m]. Girls - [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Marie[/name_f], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f].

Next name: [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]

I think of two things: In my head, there’s an average, friendly boy. If I thought of a real person, it would be a wild four-year-old from summer camp a few years ago. Cute, but crazy. I like the name very much.

[name_f]Elise[/name_f]?

[name_f]Elise[/name_f] is one of those names I think of as “delicate.” It also has a lacy, frilly feel to me. Is it gaining in popularity yet? Because I would love to run into a petite [name_f]Elise[/name_f].

[name_m]Ansel[/name_m]…

[name_m]Ansel[/name_m] is, probably because of [name_m]Ansel[/name_m] [name_m]Adams[/name_m], a person with a camera in front of his face…not my favorite name, not horrible either.
Siblings: [name_f]Yasmine[/name_f]? I think it goes well with Y names in general for some reason.

[name_m]Augustus[/name_m] “[name_u]Gus[/name_u]”?

[name_m]Augustus[/name_m] is nice enough, but overly hyped because of TFIOS, and [name_u]Gus[/name_u] reminds me of a vile boy I used to go to school with, which I can’t really shake. It’s ok, but not a fan.

[name_u]Casey[/name_u] (on a boy)

Amazing. The poem [name_u]Casey[/name_u] at the [name_m]Bat[/name_m] adds some charm to it; although I don’t like baseball, that is a good story with good flow. I know a female [name_u]Kasey[/name_u], but as nice as she is, her name isn’t for me. Also, @lawsonhaley, happy birthday! didn’t see your signature until now.

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]?

I picture a stuck up little girl with pigtails and frilly dresses who bosses everyone around - this is probably because I used to know a little [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] who was like this and she pretty much ruined the name for me!
It is still quite clunky and unattractive IMHO. I can imagine [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] having a brother called [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. The one redeeming factor for me is that Immie makes a cute nn :slight_smile:

[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]: a somewhat standoffish/introverted girl, who is artistic and likes to paint. Siblings - [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], or [name_m]Augustus[/name_m].

Next name - [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]

@lawsonhaley - [name_f]Happy[/name_f] Birthday to you, [name_u]Haley[/name_u]! Enjoy being 19. :slight_smile:

Ha ha my daughter’s name is [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] and she’s half White half Mexican.

[name_f]Zelda[/name_f], I think of the legend of [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] and the now books which my siblings love. I don’t mind the name but I prefer [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] if I were to use a Z name.

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]

[name_f]Zelda[/name_f] reminds me of the aunt on [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] the teenage witch. I believe she was the smart aunt lol. That and the Legends of [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] video game.

[name_f]Ximena[/name_f]

I’ll do both!

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] is a blonde haired, blue eyed rebellious kindergartner. She is a spunky, playful, and loves to dance. She is an only child but longs for a baby brother or sister.

[name_f]Ximena[/name_f] is a brown haired and eyed sweetheart. She’s two years old and loves Disney princesses. Her favorite color is pink. She has a sister named [name_f]Chloe[/name_f].

[name_f]Lila[/name_f]

[name_f]Adelina[/name_f] makes me think of a sweet little girl with curly hair, big eyes and an infectious smile. I’d call her “[name_f]Lina[/name_f]” and for some reason imagine she is the youngest and only girl in the family. I’d pair her with big brother’s [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u].

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is a very fashionable teenager with deep black hair and beautiful almond shaped brown eyes. She is kind of shy, but has a bit of a spunky side as well. She loves high heals and dresses with pockets but can rock a sweater and jeans too.

[name_f]Helen[/name_f]