Talk about the Previous Name!

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], [name_f]Helen[/name_f]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] this name. Makes me think of a young girl, maybe sixteen years old or so with a gentle face smiling a quiet and knowing sort of smile in a vintage photograph. [name_f]Helen[/name_f] is sweet and smart. (Yet at the same time and opposite end of the spectrum, this name makes me think of The Incredibles (one of my favorite kids movies) because the mom’s name is [name_f]Helen[/name_f].)

My favorite sibling names to go with [name_f]Helen[/name_f] include [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], and [name_m]Felix[/name_m].

I also happen to love [name_f]Helena[/name_f], and can never decide which I like better!

~ [name_m]Norman[/name_m] ~

[name_m]Norman[/name_m] is 28 and has just come to [name_u]America[/name_u] from the Philippines to make a living for his extended family. He has a job as a hotel bell boy. He’s a hard working, sensitive guy who is always looking out for people. He’s the type of friend you can call in the middle of the night and he’d do anything for you. He’s very reliable- if he says he’s going to do something, he’ll do it and do it well. He is average in looks and stature. His younger brother, [name_m]Jethro[/name_m] {19}, wants to follow [name_m]Norman[/name_m] to [name_u]America[/name_u] soon.

• [name_m]Connor[/name_m] -

[name_m]Connor[/name_m] reminds me of a blonde teenage boy with blue eyes and a bright smile. He would play sports (probably soccer or lacrosse), but still love comic books. He would generally be a nice guy and work at the local movie theatre or restaurant. He would have a sister named [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] and friends named [name_u]Michael[/name_u] and [name_m]Jacob[/name_m].

[name_f]Maxine[/name_f]

I see [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] as a bit of a tomboy, who usually prefers going by the nickname [name_u]Max[/name_u] over her formal name, although she appreciates having a choice when she wants to be seen as more feminine. (Hates being called [name_u]Maxie[/name_u], though!) She seems very tough on the outside, but she’s actually quite fragile on the inside. [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is her favorite season, and she enjoys skiing and playing hockey with her older brothers [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Philip[/name_m], and [name_m]Joseph[/name_m].

Next name: [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]

(Can we all just take a minute to appreciate @opheliaflora and her awesome thread ideas?)

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] is growing on me; like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], it feels whimsical and classic at the same time. I like how cheerful and peppy it sounds, like a joyous melody. I associate [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] with the color yellow for some reason.

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] makes me picture a sweet teenage girl with long flowing black hair and porcelain skin. She’s quiet, but not shy; a bit nerdy, but outgoing, too. She goes by [name_f]Calla[/name_f] in school, by [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] at home; her friends call her [name_f]Callie[/name_f]. She might have siblings named [name_f]Minerva[/name_f], [name_f]Pandora[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], [name_m]Evander[/name_m] and [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u].

Next: [name_f]Polina[/name_f] (Yes, it’s my name, but don’t hesitate to be honest, please. I get compliments on it more often than not, so I’m sure I can take some constructive criticism.)

[name_f]Polina[/name_f] - Unusual, gives off an exotic feel to me, maybe Eastern European? I imagine a tall, pretty girl who loves to explore the world, fluent in many languages. I think the nn [name_f]Polly[/name_f] would be really cute on a little girl as she grows into her name.

[name_m]Jethro[/name_m]??

I picture…you and your old profile picture, @polina! You’re literally the only association I have with the name.
[name_m]Jethro[/name_m]: I picture the old sitcom [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] Hillbillies. Sorry.

[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]

[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is a hard one because I know so many people with this name. This is my grandfather’s name and the name of a kindergartner I work with. I also know a lot of Josephs in between those two ages. I can picture a hard working teenager with brown hair.

Next: [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]

[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] - I [name_f]Imagine[/name_f] a tall, blonde girl with blue eyes. Perhaps with [name_m]French[/name_m] ancestry (I knew a [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] that was [name_m]French[/name_m]!). She’s outspoken and friendly, and loves to travel.

Next: [name_u]Paris[/name_u]

Honestly the only thing that comes to mind is [name_u]Paris[/name_u] [name_m]Hilton[/name_m] and the city. I’ve never personally met a [name_u]Paris[/name_u] and I honestly am not such a big fan of it as a first name.

(Sorry that I can’t say more about [name_u]Paris[/name_u] but it’s such a one-person name for me)

[name_f]Flora[/name_f]

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] - sweet, simple, kind of has a vintage feel. It reminds me a great deal of [name_f]Florence[/name_f], which was my grandmother’s name, but feels fresher and more modern. Could picture [name_f]Florrie[/name_f] as a nickname. Conjures images of a shy, intelligent lover of literature with her nose always in a book. For some reason, I really like A middles with this name: [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Adelia[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Annette[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Amalia[/name_f], Flora Azure. Botanical or seasonal sib names would work well in my opinion: [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_f]Summer[/name_f], [name_f]Azalea[/name_f], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_u]Cedar[/name_u].

Next up: [name_m]Jaxon[/name_m], nickname [name_m]Jax[/name_m].

[name_u]Sierra[/name_u] - a pretty name that’s visually pleasing and easy on the ears as well. I picture a 20-something cool girl with long light-brown hair. She’s into music and plays a couple of instruments herself. A lovely name.

[name_m]Ianto[/name_m]

[name_m]Ianto[/name_m] is a russet haired, energetic, charming kind of guy. He oozes self confidence. I wish this name could be more known in the States!

[name_f]Svea[/name_f]?

[name_f]Svea[/name_f]…I’m not sure if it’s pronounced SVEE-uh or SVAY-uh, but either way it’s nice. :slight_smile:

Whisper?

Sorry that just sounds weird for a name. Maybe good on a fantasy character. But then again, I like [name_f]Shadow[/name_f] as a name, so who am I to judge?

[name_f]Aurinda[/name_f]

[name_f]Aurinda[/name_f]- First Impression: This is the first time I have heard this name. It sounded like a modern invention to me at first. I may think her parents are creative and young. It reminds be a little of [name_f]Belinda[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. It has a princess fairy tale feel.
Someone with this name may be blonde and delicate, very girly and sweet.

[name_f]Luna[/name_f]

[name_f]Meygan[/name_f]- I picture a trendy, popular girl with a strong personality =) I see her being a joker with her friends and family, and is the oldest sister of [name_f]Shayna[/name_f], [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m].

[name_f]Winnie[/name_f] ? =)

(my post was accidently skipped) Aurinda- First Impression: This is the first time I have heard this name. It sounded like a modern invention to me at first. I may think her parents are creative and young. It reminds be a little of Belinda and Aurora. It has a princess fairy tale feel.
Someone with this name may be blonde and delicate, very girly and sweet.

[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]- First Impression: This name is very sweet and cutesy. I know this name only as [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] [name_m]Cooper[/name_m] from “The Wonder Years,” so I have a harder time seeing it on someone older. The “W” does a nice job of offsetting some of the “cuteness” though.
I picture someone very much like [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] [name_m]Cooper[/name_m]: sweet, young, long dark hair, well behaved, and a little serious.

Luna

[name_f]Luna[/name_f]-- A girl with long, dark hair, kind of mysterious and likes to keep to herself. She can be funny and witty, but only around friends. In school she likes math and science but fails in English. Her sister is [name_f]Stella[/name_f].

[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Luna[/name_f], I’m not sure why as I like the [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] character, the meaning and most associations.

However, [name_f]Luna[/name_f] I picture as a little girl with straight blonde hair which her mom cut off just above the shoulders, big blue eyes and an excited smile.
She loves animals and books, she always carries the latter around in her little backpack. She loves playing outside with her older brother ([name_m]Henry[/name_m]), jumping in puddles or making crowns out of sticks and flowers. She loves to go butterfly-watching in the family’s big garden or dance around in her yellow wellies when it’s raining.

[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] is a little southern girl to me, with the accent and everything. She is dressed in ruffle-y clothes by her mom, has little blonde curls and big eyes. She loves her older brother, [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], horseback riding and big headbands.
She’s not too much into books or school but loves playing and giggling with her friend and dressing up in her mom’s clothes and hats.

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (and if I may request, could you tell me about who [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] would be as a child)