Talk to me about Clementine

My husband and I are TTC baby #3, and our current favorite girls name is [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]. I’d love some feedback from my fellow Berries, as well as ideas for a middle name. Our last name is in my username.

love it when pronounced Clemen-tyne, not such a fan of the sound of Clemen-teen. I think the nn [name_u]Clem[/name_u] is super cute as are [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] (a bit of a stretch?) and [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]. I think it goes really nicely with [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], not as well with [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], but its not a terrible pair

I really like [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], but I think it clashes in style with your kids names and surname, which maybe isn’t a problem to you; if it isn’t, I see no reason not to use [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]

I think it’s bright, bold and very sweet!

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is lovely, and I think a short middle is definitely the way to go. Maybe [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Lise[/name_f] or [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]?

@mamanmia we would pronounce it “Clemen -tyne”, but she wouldn’t have any nicknames from us.

@[name_m]Yuma[/name_m] yeah, I know it’s slightly different from the other two, but all three names have vintage roots. Plus my husband likes slightly quirkier names, so I feel like [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] fits both our aesthetics

@katinka I’d definitely use [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]! [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Lise[/name_f] are out, simply because they end with the sound that our last name starts with.

To me, [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] has just the right balance of sweetness and sass. I tend to think about the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, which is a nice connection imo. It’s beautiful, cheery and bright. I love it. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Just[/name_m] to add: [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is a perfection !

I love [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]! It’s sweet, spunky and unique. [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] are lovely, I also like [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is so cute.
I love the nns [name_u]Clemmie[/name_u] or [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] too with it.
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is stunning.
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
My suggestions

I have a friend called [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] she goes by [name_u]Clemmie[/name_u] :slight_smile: she’s always receiving compliments.

I like [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] , I think one syllable sounds best.

I like [name_f]Clementine[/name_f].

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Fae[/name_f]
[LEFT][name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Pari[/name_f]
[LEFT][FONT=Verdana][name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_u]Zuri[/name_u]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Isla[/name_f][/LEFT][SUB]
[/SUB]
[/FONT][/LEFT]

I like [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Faye[/name_f], and [name_u]Lou[/name_u]. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is still at the top of the list though

I like [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]!

I personally would probably only use it in the middle spot, but do love it with your other kiddos’ names. [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] sound like a set of quirky British children’s book characters or something (in a great way!).

I think [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] would work best with a shorter, simpler middle. [name_u]Love[/name_u] your [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] combo, though may be too wordy? [name_u]Love[/name_u] the previous suggestion of [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Fae[/name_f].

I don’t like it. Never sounded like a name. I hope to never meet someone with the name either, I just personally don’t like it.