Talk to me about my favorite name

Hey y’all. [name_f]My[/name_f] absolute favorite girl name is Maryelle. Literally remember the first time I encountered it 15+ years ago and it’s been on top of my list ever since. I love everything about the way this name looks and sounds and it’s grown to mean a lot to me.

I’m curious to know how other people perceive it, though! When you see or hear the name Maryelle, do you think of it as one name? A double-barrel of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] + [name_f]Elle[/name_f]? A spelling variant of [name_f]Marielle[/name_f], or a legitimate name in its own right?

What vibes do you get from Maryelle? What kind of person do you imagine them to be, or how old do you think they would be? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like or dislike anything about the name?

[name_f]Pretty[/name_f] much I just wanna know your thoughts on this name and what you think of it! You can be completely honest; nothing anyone can say will diminish my love for this name but I’m really curious to see how other people perceive it!

I like it. I’d do it was one name probably [name_f]Marielle[/name_f].

1 Like

I am neutral on Maryelle. I love [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and related names, even Mary-Jane (GP). The ‘elle’ sound isn’t really captivating to me. I imagine her to be a studious librarian who isn’t afraid of an adventure! I think I’d say Maryelle is in her early 20s.

1 Like

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you say it ‘Mary Elle’ or ‘marry elle’? (then again, I know that’s not actually different for some folks…:see_no_evil:) I think it’s pretty either way!

I think I’d assume Maryelle was a smoosh name, probably an honour of some kind? It reminds me of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] from The Waltons, which gives it a kind of homespun, retro charm. It gives me little old lady vibes but in a way that would be cool again now, like so many ‘grandma’ names! It’s not clunky though, definitely on the pretty and whimsical side. [name_f]Apple[/name_f] pie, thrift shopping, summer picnics, old records.

I really like the variant [name_f]Mariel[/name_f] which to me has quite mystical, mermaid, fantasy-novel vibes, so there’s a hint of that in Maryelle too.

1 Like

Haha in my accent, [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and merry are the same but marry is different! The first two are closer to “meh-ry” and marry is closer to “mare-y”. The Mary/merry/marry split based on different accents is so interesting to me! So, I would say that I pronounce it closer to [name_f]Mary[/name_f] + [name_f]Elle[/name_f] but if [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and marry are the same in your accent then :man_shrugging:t2: :joy:

Maryelle looks like a double barrel smoosh if [name_f]Mary[/name_f] + [name_f]Elle[/name_f] to me, yes! Its similarity to [name_f]Maryellen[/name_f] makes it look just right.

I think Maryelle is a delight of a name. Feels sock-hop sweet, exciting but familiar, and really friendly. It’s a warm name, like springtime and chirping birds. I’d be very, very pleased to meet a Maryelle. I love double names, and this is a super pretty one.

Feels like…
:dress::poodle::world_map::saxophone::pretzel::musical_score:

Maryelle is very charming and has a lot in it for me: a little bit sweet and sugary, a little bit stylish with vintage flair, a little southern in vibe, a little bit cottage-core, a little bit clunky, a little sassy, a little studious and serious.

I see it as a double-barrel mostly, but for me, separate to [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f] - it’s become it’s own thing - if that makes any sense.

I really like Maryelle!!

It kind of looks like a [name_f]Mary[/name_f] & [name_f]Elle[/name_f] combo, but to me it reads as sugary-sweet, classic southern manners, and just a very innocent darling girl

[name_f]Mariel[/name_f] (which I would pronounce the same) on the other hand, reads to me as strong and powerful, ocean-y and tanned

I love Maryelle much more than [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f] though!!

Never heard it, but it works. I think it’s a pretty name. I can see it working for both a little girl and a grown woman. She might be a dancer, a gymnast or an actress. The ‘elle’ in the name gives it romantic vibes.

Objectively, it’s a nice name, familiar sounding but not too common. But I knew someone who went by that name as two separate names and she was a bit of an attention seeker so that puts me off liking it. Otherwise I probably would like it.