Talk to me about Olivia

I really, really love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f].

I desperately wanted my first daughter to be an [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], but it was quickly decided that it was just too popular and we went with the slightly more unusual [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] instead. Of course I love her name, and I guess I am kind of glad it is a little more distinctive, but still…

So, today, whilst in the middle of new baby duties, it suddenly struck me. All I ever hear about the name [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is that it’s “sooo popular” and not much else, and I was wondering, popularity aside…what are your opinions on this name?

[name_f]Cassia[/name_f] is beautiful!

I think you made the right choice - [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is a pretty name, but it really is everywhere, and has become boring to me. So while it’s a crowd favorite, I wouldn’t expect lots of oohs and ahhs over it.

I love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]- it’s sweet, spunky, pretty, girly, modern but with a history. I think of Twelfth [name_m]Night[/name_m] which is one of my favourite [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] plays. [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] is also pretty and fresh and more unique though.

[name_f]Love[/name_f], love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]! It’s on my top 3. I don’t give a hoot about popularity–I love it for its ties to [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m], peace, and my little sister (who has a [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] name, and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]'s meaning has to do with elves. :)). I love the spunky [name_f]Liv[/name_f], and the vintagy [name_f]Olive[/name_f], and the sweet and adorable [name_f]Livy[/name_f]. I would absolutely love to have an [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] one day–I love it to pieces.

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is a very pretty name. To me it’s perfect for a shy, quiet little girl, and I love the nickname [name_f]Liv[/name_f].
I wouldn’t use it because I’m afraid it will become dated due to its popularity, plus I’m always drawn to the hunt of finding some rare gem of a name. I have a very popular name so that’s probably why I prefer the rare ones.

I think it is a good name, but it has become lackluster to me. It is romantic, sweet, solid, and classic, but I see it so much that it doesn’t feel special. I am happy it is a Top 10 though, because it is such a sweet name, so it doesn’t suck to see it all the time.

To me, popularity doesn’t matter, but I don’t like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], etc. They sound almost slimy to me for some reason.

I’m in the minority here: i hate [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], regardless of popularity. It makes me picture a really snobby mean-girl for some reason. Also [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] the cartoon pig.

I like the sound. I love the character [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_m]Benson[/name_m] on [name_m]Law[/name_m] and Order SVU. I went to high school with one and people sometimes affectionately called her “Oblivia” because she was distractible.

I love the name [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. I’m not terribly picky about popularity either, but this name is so common where I live that it is starting to sound a little boring to my ears. Its a shame for me, but it’s popular for good reason. Its a beautiful, versatile name.

Aside from popularity, this is my absolute favourite name for a girl. The only reason why I would name my future daughter [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is because my grandmother (who I adore and love dearly with all my heart) is named [name_f]Olga[/name_f] and because I’m not too fond of her name (it sounds too aged, in my opinion), I feel that [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is a perfect (and more modern) alternative to [name_f]Olga[/name_f], and this name would have a beautiful connection to her. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I’m a long way away from having children of my own (I’m only 19), I’ve already decided to name my future daughter this.

I’ve only met one [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] in my life.
I think it’s stunning. [name_f]Livy[/name_f] is my all time favorite name.
Our surname begins with an O though, so I think [name_f]Liv[/name_f] with nn [name_f]Livy[/name_f] has surged ahead of [name_f]Olivia[/name_f].
I love the history and I even like the meaning.
Other options I find equally beautiful, but I feel like they’d be seen too much as copycats–[name_f]Livia[/name_f], [name_f]Alivia[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], etc.