Tanis

I met a [name_f]Tanis[/name_f] (TA-niss, with a short a as in cat) in grade 8. She was smart, pretty, sporty, fun, pretty popular, and pretty suitably confident (w/o being overly confident).

Since then I have never met a single [name_f]Tanis[/name_f], but I think the name is really overlooked. I guess it’s Greek. I find it fresh and sporty - what do you think?

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool, it’s not my personal style but I’d love to meet a [name_f]Tanis[/name_f]. It’s unexpected but sounds real!

2 Likes

I agree with @midwinter it’s definitely unexpected but has a cool girl feel to it! I think it’s usable!

4 Likes

Ooh! I’ve never heard of [name_f]Tanis[/name_f] before but i really like it! Intriguing and distinctive

1 Like

I think I prefer [name_f]Talia[/name_f] and [name_f]Anais[/name_f], but I do like [name_f]Tanis[/name_f] too!

1 Like

I like it! Sounds confident, assertive. Not frilly or dainty / meek.

There is a character named [name_f]Tanis[/name_f] on a show on Hulu called LetterKenney. Independent, assertive, cool girl vibes.

1 Like

Tanis is super cool. Because it’s not too popular, I don’t have strong associations to it and I think it could suit nearly any personality. It’s very confident and unique, and definitely usable.

1 Like

Maybe I just watch too many films but all I can think of is [name_m]Thanos[/name_m] from the Avengers

i like the name! i think it’s pretty sporty (: its a pretty name for sure

2 Likes

Yes, Letterkenny! I forgot about [name_f]Tanis[/name_f] in that.

1 Like

I feel like [name_f]Tanis[/name_f] is on the same wave length as [name_f]Marnie[/name_f].