Tarot Reading Nameberries? All Inclusive! For Writers Too!

Hello, everyone!

I am wondering if anyone else on Nameberry reads tarot cards. I have been reading and collecting decks for almost ten years now. I started using the cards to help me with plotting my stories for novels, scripts, etc. [name_u]Tarot[/name_u] has also been such a healing tool for me, and a whole heck of a lot of fun!

All are welcome to connect if you have any experience or interest in tarot or any other divination (runes, Lenormand, etc). Of course, you can be of any faith or disposition, so this is not at all tied to any one set of beliefs or anything. I am not super spiritual myself, I just love reading tarot cards (anything that combines text and art is, in my opinion, fabulous, which is also why I love comic books).

Please feel free to introduce yourself. I’d love to connect!

Just a small disclaimer, because I was on Nameberry way back when it wasn’t such a welcoming community: please be respectful and non-judgmental to all. Thanks, berries!

5 Likes

I’ve never tried tarot or anything similar, but I’ve always thought the concept was super cool! I’ve always wanted to try it :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a lot of fun, and many of the cards are lovely. There are readers from all different perspectives and tons of different types of decks out there now. I absolutely encourage it as an inspirational and healing tool, as it has helped me so much. Plus, it’s just interesting to learn about the history and evolution of the cards.

I will have to post some of my favorite cards and things when I get home from work and maybe some of my favorite “[name_u]Tarot[/name_u] Tubers.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve never tried tarot card readings but I’ve always been cautiously intrigued by it. I say cautiously because I’m definitely the sort of person who takes these sorts of things to heart… I’m extremely superstitious, to a fault sometimes. If I received a negative reading, I would definitely dwell on it and worry much more than what would be considered reasonable.

I blame my initial apprehension on a friend I had in middle school who read my palm and told me that I would have a terrible tragedy in the middle of my life. Scary thing to hear when you’re 12! But I digress.

My roommate last year (and one of my best friends) is super into astrology and she’s gotten me into it as well! I’ve always been more for the personality side of things when it comes to spiritual interests than future predictions. I’m a [name_m]Taurus[/name_m] sun, Cancer moon, and Sagittarius rising, and I think it’s super fun to see how the ways in which that comes out in my personality! I’m still a beginner but I love reading people’s charts and seeing how accurate they are. It’s a really cool party trick haha!

I have watched a couple tarot card readings on YouTube and I found them interesting. I did decide it was best that I don’t watch them anymore though because, like I said, I dwell on things lol. I think I’d find the history of tarot cards to be super interesting though!

1 Like

Hey, great to meet you! I’ve very recently gotten into tarot and I love it! So helpful for me daily. I have the [name_m]Rider[/name_m]-Waite deck, and also a horse oracle card set. I am very new to this, but it does heighten my intuition throughout the day when I receive messages from tarot. I gotten into tarot due to my spirituality, but I also just love the art of decks. I watch the [name_u]Tarot[/name_u] [name_m]Priest[/name_m] on youtube and her pick a card readings are spot on everytime for me!

I can read tarot. I am very into astrology and astrological birth charts too. [name_f]My[/name_f] placement astrologically speaking says I have the gift. I’m very intuitive. It’s not something I have tapped further into. [name_f]My[/name_f] mum taught me to read the tarot.

I’m so excited to find this forum! I haven’t been reading tarot for a while, I only got my first deck last [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], but I love it! I haven’t even thought about using it for plotting my novel! Thanks for the idea! Eek, I’m so glad I found this! I absolutely love tarot and crystals and astrology, I just think it’s so cool!

I read tarot! Started about 5-6 years ago! I used to do it by “reading the future” but as I’ve aged I’ve been trying to remember to read to gain insight using my own knowledge of my life/ pathologies and things i’m working on, mentally. Sometimes it can be a bit on the nose though, so that can get weird haha

Yes! I got really into tarot and oracle cards late last year and have quite a few decks to my name now. I use them for writing too! I’m not really a spiritual person but I do really love listening to tarot readings as I’m going to bed most nights. I especially like Charmed Intuition’s readings on YouTube! I think the cards have such beautiful art and a really nice aesthetic to them and that’s usually how I pick out my own decks. I find that oracle cards are particularly intriguing to me because every deck is so different and there’s so much you can do with them writing-wise. [name_f]My[/name_f] friends/writing partners think I’m crazy for sometimes using them to develop relationships between characters and such but it’s gotten me this far so… haha. I’m happy to see other berries on here with the same interest!