Tate?

See the results of this poll: Is a name for a…

Respondents: 36 (This poll is closed)

• girl: 5 (14%)
  • boy: 31 (86%)

I instantly think of the [name]Jodie[/name] [name]Foster[/name] movie, [name]Little[/name] [name]Man[/name] [name]Tate[/name]. So I think of it as masculine initially, but I could see it as feminine too.

Next I think of Tater Tots. And then the [name]Tate[/name] museums in [name]London[/name].

Soooo, I initally don’t like it, but after letting it mull a bit, I think of the [name]Tate[/name] Modern and all of a sudden, I like it.

Yeah. It’s fine, boy or girl, really - familiar but spunky! I wouldn’t use it myself but I like it just fine on someone else’s kid. : ) Go with it if you love it.

[name]Hi[/name] sparkplugbug:) (Cool name!)

I haven’t seen, or heard or the movie [name]Little[/name] [name]Man[/name] [name]Tate[/name] and I don’t think we have tater tots here (NZ) so I don’t have those associations.

I think of the [name]Tate[/name] Modern too, I loved it there. Familiar but spunky is a fabulous description! That’s exactly how it feels to me:)

Thank-you for commenting and voting:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Charlie[/name]!

I’m finding it really hard to vote here (very similar to your polls!) I think I prefer it as first name for a boy but I also love it in the middle for a girl, and now I’m starting to like it as first name for a girl as well (this is all in the space of about a minute)

The only thing I thought of when I saw the name were the [name]Tate[/name] museums, I have been to the [name]Tate[/name] [name]St[/name] [name]Ives[/name] and the [name]Tate[/name] Modern, both were brilliant and so I only think of good things when I hear the name [name]Tate[/name].

I picture a [name]Tate[/name] to be creative, bubbly and smart.

Incase you wanted any combinations (and more fun for me), I love:

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Ambrose[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Henry[/name]

(I also love all of these switched around with [name]Tate[/name] in the middle :slight_smile: )

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Tate[/name]
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Tate[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Tate[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Tate[/name]
[name]Florence[/name] [name]Tate[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Tate[/name]
[name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Tate[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name] [name]Tate[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Bronte[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]

I just looked up [name]Tate[/name] and [name]Cheerful[/name] has to be one of my favourite meanings for a name :slight_smile:

• [name]Elena[/name]

[name]Tate[/name] is soooo cute for a little man! And you can call him Tarer Tot! So cute!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Tate[/name] [name]Henry[/name]!!!

I love it!!! One of my favorites…I like longer middles like [name]Tate[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Tate[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] or [name]Tate[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] (it could also be a MN for any of those)…

I went to the [name]Tate[/name] in [name]London[/name] when I was very young…that’s how I started loving the name, but I don’t automatically think of the museum when I think of [name]Tate[/name] anymore, because I see it as a person’s name.

I also love that it’s not too popular at all!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Haha thanks for that [name]Erin[/name]:slight_smile: It would be very cute for a little kid and everyone keeps mentioning Tater Tots… what are they? [name]Tate[/name] [name]Henry[/name] is very handsome too.

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Anna[/name]:slight_smile:

It’s one of your favourites? That’s so cool! I couldn’t find much about it in any topics here on NB and like you said it’s not popular at all so I thought it was relatively unknown, I didn’t expect it to be a favourite. You like it for a boy then? I loved your combo [name]Tate[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], so handsome! Are any of your other favourites similar to [name]Tate[/name]? I’d love to hear some…

I’m glad you see it as a name in it’s own right and not just as the name of art galleries or a surname. Oh, and just to clarify, I’m not expecting… just love names:)

Thanks!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Elena[/name]!

I’m so happy you’re posting here:) I always love reading your comments.

On the gender issue… I glad that you’re not sure, I’m not so sure either! I’m really liking it for a girl actually, that’s what I was thinking anyway, until I read these posts and saw the poll results. Is it that much of a boys name?

I haven’t been to the [name]Tate[/name] [name]St[/name] [name]Ives[/name] but I’ve been to the [name]Tate[/name] Modern fairly recently and I loved it there. Creative, bubbly and smart is just what you’d want for a child right? And I can’t get past that meaning, ‘cheerful’ is, well, wonderful!

Okay, lets have a look at these combos…

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Ambrose[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Henry[/name]

Well, obviously I love all these names! I’m still feeling [name]Tate[/name] as a girls name though…

You’re girls name combos were gorgeous too, it’d take me too long going through them all though. My favourites:

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Tate[/name]
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Tate[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Tate[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Tate[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name] [name]Tate[/name]

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]

I think I prefer [name]Tate[/name] as a fn too. What do you think of these:

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Kerensa[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Carys[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Columba[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Julia[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Vera[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Tate[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name] [name]Frances[/name]

I’ve also been picturing [name]Tate[/name] with siblings named [name]Auden[/name] (b) and [name]Sage[/name] (g). [name]Do[/name] you think these go? Any other ideas?

• [name]Charlie[/name]

P.S: I never got to comment on your latest topic regarding [name]Margo[/name] as a nn for [name]Marigold[/name] but I thought I’d mention here that I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Margo/name and think it makes a darling nn for [name]Marigold[/name], which I’m warming to. You have such fantastic taste, [name]Elena[/name]!

Tater Tots are fried potatoes, they like sliced up and formed into little pieces and fried.

I love [name]Tate[/name]. I especially like it as a middle since my maiden name is [name]Taylor[/name] and that doesn’t go with my new last name. I forget it’s meaning, but I remember that I love the meaning. I think it’s very cheerful. It reminds me of [name]Larry[/name] [name]Tate[/name] from Bewitched!

Hey :slight_smile:

Aw thanks for saying that I have fantastic taste, so do you!

I love [name]Tate[/name] with [name]Sage[/name], [name]Auden[/name] I like but I love [name]Tate[/name] and [name]Sage[/name] more.
Other names I could see with [name]Tate[/name]:
[name]Corinne[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Coral[/name]
[name]Seren[/name]
[name]Fern[/name]
[name]Delphi[/name]

[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Ambrose[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Chester[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Rex[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Max[/name]

Not sure if all of those are your style, hope you like some though!

As for your combos,

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Kerensa[/name] [name]Alice[/name] - [name]Cheerful[/name], love and noble, can it get any better than this for meanings? Wow. [name]Kerensa[/name] is one of my favourite names ever and I almost voted for [name]Alice[/name] in your ‘A’ poll, I think all together, the combination sounds modern, spunky and still elegant. And [name]Kerensa[/name] is Cornish so it reminds me even more of the [name]Tate[/name] [name]St[/name] [name]Ives[/name] in a really good way.

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Carys[/name] - [name]Cheerful[/name], dove and love, another amazing combo of meanings. It feels very artsy and friendly and I really love the flow. I love [name]Jemima[/name], it reminds me of the [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name] books with [name]Jemima[/name] Puddleduck and for a long time I wished that my name was [name]Carys[/name].

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Columba[/name] [name]May[/name] - This one makes me feel all calma nd warm and peaceful. I love how [name]Columba[/name] and [name]May[/name] really soften up [name]Tate[/name] and make it more feminine. I had forgotten how much I loved [name]Columba[/name] and you have totally made me fall in love with it all over again. [name]May[/name] has never been a favourite of mine but I think if [name]May[/name] in this combo had been any other name I wouldn’t love it so much.

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Julia[/name] [name]Florence[/name] - so beautiful and sophisticated. You know about my love for [name]Florence[/name] and [name]Julia[/name] is just wonderful. I do think this is gorgeous but I prefer some of your others more.

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Vera[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] - Oh this is so sweet and vintage and lovely, [name]Vera[/name] is probably my favourite V name, sorry if I’ve ruined the surprise for your V poll :wink: [name]Catherine[/name] is so, so pretty as well. [name]Cheerful[/name], truth and pure are just brilliant for meanings as well.

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name] [name]Frances[/name] - I think this is definitely the spunkiest combo you have here, I really like it. I never reaalised [name]Rhiannon[/name] meant divine queen until just now, what a cool meaning! I have pretty bad associations with [name]Frances[/name], but it’s a name that I really want to love.

My favourite has to be [name]Tate[/name] [name]Columba[/name] [name]May[/name], just wow really.

• [name]Elena[/name] :slight_smile:

P.S You have swayed me, I have voted [name]Tate[/name] as a girls name :slight_smile:

[quote=“elena”]

Hey :slight_smile:

Aw thanks for saying that I have fantastic taste, so do you!

I love [name]Tate[/name] with [name]Sage[/name], [name]Auden[/name] I like but I love [name]Tate[/name] and [name]Sage[/name] more.
Other names I could see with [name]Tate[/name]:
[name]Corinne[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Coral[/name]
[name]Seren[/name]
[name]Fern[/name]
[name]Delphi[/name]

[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Ambrose[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Chester[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Rex[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Max[/name]

Not sure if all of those are your style, hope you like some though!

As for your combos,

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Kerensa[/name] [name]Alice[/name] - [name]Cheerful[/name], love and noble, can it get any better than this for meanings? Wow. [name]Kerensa[/name] is one of my favourite names ever and I almost voted for [name]Alice[/name] in your ‘A’ poll, I think all together, the combination sounds modern, spunky and still elegant. And [name]Kerensa[/name] is Cornish so it reminds me even more of the [name]Tate[/name] [name]St[/name] [name]Ives[/name] in a really good way.

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Carys[/name] - [name]Cheerful[/name], dove and love, another amazing combo of meanings. It feels very artsy and friendly and I really love the flow. I love [name]Jemima[/name], it reminds me of the [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name] books with [name]Jemima[/name] Puddleduck and for a long time I wished that my name was [name]Carys[/name].

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Columba[/name] [name]May[/name] - This one makes me feel all calma nd warm and peaceful. I love how [name]Columba[/name] and [name]May[/name] really soften up [name]Tate[/name] and make it more feminine. I had forgotten how much I loved [name]Columba[/name] and you have totally made me fall in love with it all over again. [name]May[/name] has never been a favourite of mine but I think if [name]May[/name] in this combo had been any other name I wouldn’t love it so much.

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Julia[/name] [name]Florence[/name] - so beautiful and sophisticated. You know about my love for [name]Florence[/name] and [name]Julia[/name] is just wonderful. I do think this is gorgeous but I prefer some of your others more.

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Vera[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] - Oh this is so sweet and vintage and lovely, [name]Vera[/name] is probably my favourite V name, sorry if I’ve ruined the surprise for your V poll :wink: [name]Catherine[/name] is so, so pretty as well. [name]Cheerful[/name], truth and pure are just brilliant for meanings as well.

[name]Tate[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name] [name]Frances[/name] - I think this is definitely the spunkiest combo you have here, I really like it. I never reaalised [name]Rhiannon[/name] meant divine queen until just now, what a cool meaning! I have pretty bad associations with [name]Frances[/name], but it’s a name that I really want to love.

My favourite has to be [name]Tate[/name] [name]Columba[/name] [name]May[/name], just wow really.

• [name]Elena[/name] :slight_smile:

P.S You have swayed me, I have voted [name]Tate[/name] as a girls name :)[/quote]

Hey,

Woohoo for changing sides! I think it sounds better for a girl but I could still appreciate it on a boy. Weird, there aren’t many names like that.

You’re comments on my combos are so sweet! Thanks to your endorsement, [name]Tate[/name] [name]Columba[/name] [name]May[/name] is going on my list of serious possibilities:) Now just to find names to make a sib-set…

From your suggestions I love [name]Harper[/name], [name]Seren[/name], [name]Rory[/name], [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Rex[/name] with [name]Tate[/name], although I prefer [name]Rory[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] as nns. I think other unisex or quirky names would work well as sibling names for either gender with [name]Tate[/name].

Anyway, I think that was all. I’m off to go and comment on your girl names poll now! [name]Hope[/name] you’re having a good [name]Easter[/name], [name]Elena[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lyndsay[/name]:slight_smile:

Thanks for clearing that up! We have those here, we just don’t call them that. They are making me so so hungry right now!

Anyway, onto [name]Tate[/name]. I’m pleased you love it:) It seems to be a hit which can only be a good thing. I never watched Bewitched so not knowing of [name]Larry[/name] [name]Tate[/name].

Thanks for posting:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Charlie[/name]! What do you call them in NZ (right?)?

[name]Tate[/name] means cheerful, no wonder I find it so cheerful! What a great meaning for a name!

This is [name]Larry[/name] [name]Tate[/name]: He looks a little cheesy but for me it’s a good association. If you ever get the chance to watch Bewitched (the old sitcom, not the new movie… though I thought the movie was better than the critics did… woah, tangent) you should, it’s great!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lyndsay[/name]:slight_smile: (I love your name btw!)

Yep, it is NZ and actually I’m not sure. I remember eating them when I was little but that was when we lived in Aus, I haven’t seen them in ages. I think we went with something simple and obvious like potato bites or something lol.

It is a great meaning isn’t it! And I’ve found similar meanings on other sites which include ‘brings happiness’ and ‘bright’ so I’m really loving it:)

I’ll try to catch a re-run of Bewitched sometime, I’ve been told it was a good show.

Thanks again!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I like [name]Tate[/name]! I know two, one of each gender. The male [name]Tate[/name] is about 30, tall, blonde, athletic. The other is [name]Tate[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name], and she’s 17, has dark hair and a spunky attitude. Although opposites, the name fits them both well, I think. I prefer it on a girl, but think it’s handsome on a guy… like the actor [name]Tate[/name] [name]Donovan[/name].

I actually really like it! Being a teen, I actually haven’t heard of the [name]Tate[/name] Museums. Gosh I’m such a Texan lol :slight_smile: I think it’s really nice, with lots of potential. I didn’t get the tater tot connection immanently, but I can see that it might be a nickname. Still, I really like [name]Tate[/name] for a boy. I can’t see it on a girl though, unless its a boy name turned girl nickname thing.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Tate[/name] for a boy!! It is not a girls name at all!

Totally think [name]Tate[/name] is a girls’ name. Like [name]Tatum[/name] or [name]Kate[/name]. But a combo! I also love [name]Taryn[/name].