Tatum for a boy??

My husband and I stumbled upon the name [name]Tatum[/name] and without realizing that it is traditionally used as a girl’s name, decided on it if we have a boy.
Since then I have gotten mixed reviews, and even though we both think it sounds more like a boys name, I’m curious what others think. Is it really that weird as a boys name??

Considering [name]Tatum[/name] O’[name]Neal[/name], it is absolutely weird as a boy’s name. I’m sorry, but I really wouldn’t use it on a boy…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Not a boys name. What about tate?

I thought it was a boys name until I read the rest of your post. It reminds me of [name]Channing[/name] [name]Tatum[/name], who definitely is not feminine

I personally don’t like the name for either gender, and definitely not on a boy. [name]Tate[/name] is kind of cool though…
Where did you run across the name?

On here actually, lol, on one of the hot lists… the only thing is that when going through the list there were so many unisex style names that I didn’t realize the origins. I’d never heard of [name]Tatum[/name] O’[name]Neal[/name], though. Either, I am still stuck… as you can see from the few responses already that some like it, some don’t, some think it’s feminine, and some masculine. I know it only matters what my husband and I like, but grrrrrr!! :stuck_out_tongue:

If you introduced a baby named [name]Tatum[/name] to me i would assume it was a girl.

I love it for a boy. I knew a [name]Tatum[/name] (male) in college…one of the nicest gentlemen I’ve ever met.

My daughter has a little girl named [name]Tatum[/name] in her class. I think this a great spunky choice for a girl. I agree that [name]Tate[/name] would be good a choice for a boy.

You say that now, but if a baby was presented to you decked out in blue, and introduced as [name]Tatum[/name], you would think it was a girl? I doubt it.

nope not for a boy, it was top of my list for a girl though!
I think [name]Tate[/name] is a good compromise

To me, [name]Tatum[/name] is all girl. It’s not frilly, but I think you’d have a “Boy named [name]Sue[/name]” situation on your hands. Because it is traditionally female, and not one of the male names that went to the girls (like [name]Ashley[/name], [name]Kelly[/name] and [name]Shannon[/name] - all guys I know), I don’t think it even qualifies as unisex.

[name]Tate[/name] is very handsome on a boy, though.

I’m not sure whether you’re the same person who posted on this before, and I said, Absolutely no, you should not name a boy [name]Tatum[/name]. But by chance I met the mom of an adorable little girl [name]Tatum[/name] this weekend and told her that, and she said she thought the name worked great for boys too! I still disagree, but obviously there are other opinions out there.

I am with the posters who suggested [name]Tate[/name] as a compromise.

I love the name [name]Tatum[/name], nn [name]Tate[/name] is great for a boy.

[name]Tatum[/name] is absolutely adorable for a boy. So what if one actress in Hollywood happens to have the name…it does not make it feminine by any means. If that were the case, then names like [name]Blake[/name] (Lively) and [name]Shayne[/name] (Lamas) would also fall into that category and I highly doubt that is the case. I say go for it:)

As someone who knows a girl named [name]Tatum[/name], I think it is too weird for a boy sorry. It’s not even listed as unisex on this site which is usually good at listing all possibilities.
Similar names:
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Jared[/name] (I just find them similar in sound for some reason)