Tayge??? too weird?

What do you think of the name Tayge (pronounced like take but with a hard “g” sound)? We have a very common last name, [name]Jones[/name], and want something a little different.

Depends on how weird is “too” weird. I’ve never heard the name before. If that’s a plus for you, so be it. He’ll likely be the only Tayge in his class. If you want something distinct, but not invented, then I don’t know… this dances the line.

It reminds me too much of cage.

What about [name]Teague[/name] instead?

It’s pronounced Tag but has solid Scottish roots and an awesome meaning (bard, poet)

Think about his teachers trying to pronounce it on the first day of school…

It’s a cool name. What about [name]Tynan[/name], [name]Tiernan[/name] or Tiege?

I love this name!
My husband thinks it’s too weird, so I can’t use it for my own child though.
I think it’s modern, and uncommon, yet not TOO out there. Good for you!

I’ve also seen it spelled Taige =]

I would use [name]Teague[/name] instead, it’s more recognizable. Tayge looks odd.

It looks sort of made-up and tryndee, especially with the Y. Plus, it could cause a ton of unnecessary pronounciation problems.

Also, the ending runs into the “J” in your last name.

I like [name]Tate[/name] much, much, better–WDYT of that name? It’s not too common either.

If you’re willing to start from scratch, I’d recommend a longer name to go with [name]Jones[/name]–[name]Abraham[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Julius[/name], [name]Timothy[/name], [name]Edmund[/name], [name]Fabian[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Ezekiel[/name]…

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Once I worked out how to say it I immediately thought of [name]Sage[/name] which is straightforward to say.

I too like [name]Tierney[/name] and [name]Talbot[/name].

I like [name]Tate[/name].

I met a cute little boy named [name]Taj[/name] which is similar.

nope i dont think its too weird at all!

If you are set on this name take out the ‘y’ it looks awful.

Tayge reminds me of when people pronounce the store Target like Tar-jay.