Tea is now VETOED!!! thanks for all your replies (:

I like [name]Tea[/name] (tay-UH) because it looks like [name]MIL[/name]'s name [name]Lea[/name]… obvioulsy sounds different though. But, I don’t want to use the accent over the ‘e’. Is this going to cause pronounciation problems for my little girl?

Dh also suggested Tehya (“looks a little like [name]Rhys[/name], has the ‘y’ in it like the other children”… he’s a very thurough kinda guy, lol)

The others we’ve found are [name]Taya[/name], Teya and Taea… there’s probably more. But, we’re already passing out of my comfort zone, lol.

So, all you naming gurus. WGYV???

1. [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Jocelyn[/name] & [name]Tea[/name]

2. [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Jocelyn[/name] & Tehya

3. [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Jocelyn[/name] & [name]Taya[/name]

4. [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Jocelyn[/name] & Teya

5. [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Jocelyn[/name] & Taea

**mn [name]Julianna[/name] or Ariauna (spelt like this for a very specific reason)

You could spell it [name]Tia[/name], but [name]Tia[/name] does mean aunt in Spanish. As it is, [name]Tea[/name] looks like I’m going to get something hot to drink.
[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Tilly[/name] or [name]Tillie[/name], nicknames for [name]Matilda[/name]? There’s also [name]Tilda[/name].
[name]How[/name] about [name]Talia[/name] or [name]Tallie[/name]? [name]Talia[/name] is a nickname for [name]Natalia[/name] and [name]Tallie[/name] is a nickname for [name]Natalie[/name]. [name]Natalie[/name] is very popular, but I love it, especially for a winter baby.
I also love [name]Tamsin[/name], a feminine version of [name]Thomas[/name].
You could also use [name]Taya[/name] as a nickname for [name]Natalia[/name]. Why not?

I would use [name]Taya[/name], Teya or T”a to get [name]Tay[/name]-ah. The other pronunciations just cause a little bit of confusion - I pronounce [name]Tea[/name] as tee like the drink, Tehya as teh-yah (teh like the eh sound in met, pet etc.) and as Taea has ‘ae’ in it, I see it as the ‘”’ diphthong, which just gives me a headache as it’s pronounced differently in different languages (off the top of my head I can think of ‘ee’ in Latin as in encyclopaedia or archaeology, ‘ah’ as in cat and mat in Old English, and ‘I’ like in pie and sky in Icelandic/Old Norse - none of these being the ‘ay’ sound in T”a/tay-uh).

[name]Julianna[/name] is a lovely middle name. [name]Taya[/name] [name]Julianna[/name] would be my choice.

[name]Princess[/name] [name]Leia[/name] goes with the ‘i’-- how about the same for Teia?

Thank you! That was great advice. I think I’m going to pass the accent thing across dh again, because I do agree… it looks like the drink.

That’s actually quite nice, thank you. I’ll pass it by Dh.

[name]Even[/name] though you have some nice alternatives. I’m not really looking to tweek [name]Tea[/name]… or [name]Taya[/name]… or… lol… we just want to refine it with a spelling that’s going to be easy to use and look good. We do have other names we’re still considering. Dd wants the name [name]Alicia[/name] (lol, she’s 2 but has good taste). It’s been in our top3 since my pregnancy with ds (:
Thanks for your input

Then go with T”a. The accent can be found (if you’re running Windows) in All programs —> Accessories —> Character Map. Use it often enough and it will stay in your Start menu, like it does mine! I think T”a’s a lovely choice with [name]Rhys[/name] & [name]Jocelyn[/name]!

My vote would be for [name]Taya[/name]. It is a Japanese name meaning young. I also like that it has a y like your other names. [name]Love[/name] [name]Julianna[/name] for a middle name. Let us know what you decide.

I agree with [name]Taya[/name], if the priority is to simplify pronunciation…though now that I think about it, the popularity of [name]Maya[/name], which everyone knows is pronounced My-ah, might make people say [name]Ty[/name]-ah. Sigh (uh). People do know the pronunciation with the accent because of [name]Tea[/name] [name]Leoni[/name] BUT accents present their own problems. I think the bottom line is that this name, while lovely, is problematic in terms of pronunciation and there’s really no sure way around that!