Teacher Berries....

Have you ever had a student with a name that you didn’t previously love but they made the name for you?

For me that’s [name_u]Evan[/name_u]. Aw, he was the sweetest, most loving boy with such a big heart I had in my preschool class last year. He was such a love. [name_u]Ever[/name_u] since then the name [name_u]Evan[/name_u] has been on my long list.

I am not a teacher but both my parents are and the class lists are bliss! [name_u]Seren[/name_u] has been my favourite from them so far.

I know! I love seeing the new names that come into my class every couple of months. The only problem is after I have a kid usually the name I loved is somewhat ruined to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m studying to become a teacher right now and I wonder if that will happen to me. I’m just hoping I don’t have a student that ruins one of my favorite names. lol.

When I was a preschool teacher I fell in love with the names [name_f]Clarice[/name_f] (Rici), [name_f]Anya[/name_f], and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] ([name_u]Josie[/name_u]) because of these sweet, funny girls in my class. They are still all on my long list.

Alternatively, now I am an elementary school teacher and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] used to be on my short list and now it’s off completely…

Yeah, I used to have [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] in one of my #1 spots. Always loved the name. Had a doozy of a kid named [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] and never again will it be a favorite. Lol.

I’ve had a few students who made me like names that I’m not usually into.

Boys
[name_m]Vince[/name_m]
[name_m]Lance[/name_m]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]

Girls
[name_u]Haley[/name_u]

And then I’ve had some students that made names completely unusable. Lol.

For me, it is usually quite the opposite. There are so many names that I could never use because of associations with children I taught. The only one that really sticks out in my mind is [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]. I taught a [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] 5 years ago, and she has been my only one, but it really made me like her name.

I work at a preschool and I fell in love with the names [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. If/when I have my own children, [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] are middle name contenders and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] is my 3rd favorite first name for girls.

It doesn’t hurt that the children who have these names are absolute sweethearts. <3

Whew, teaching and name-choosing is such a hard combination. I’m a teacher and my husband is an assistant principal, and with 20 years experience between us, we’ve had MANY names ruined for us and some that we were led to love. He has always liked [name_u]Madison[/name_u] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] because of sweet girls he taught, but they’re both names I wouldn’t consider for popularity reasons. I had a [name_m]Stefan[/name_m] once that was great, and I also had a [name_u]Chase[/name_u] that I would have adopted for my very own if I could have. I also taught an [name_f]Evita[/name_f] that I adored.

I used to work for a daycare. I had some of the sweetest babies with names that I didn’t care for until meeting them. These names still aren’t my style so I wouldn’t use them but when I hear or say them they bring a smile to my face.
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]
[name_m]Santiago[/name_m]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]/[name_u]Charley[/name_u]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]

I’m a teacher and although on occasions a child has made me love a name a little more, it is usually the opposite for me! I tend to end up disliking a name because of a child, prime example, I was totally in love with the name [name_u]Luca[/name_u] but then met three boy’s named [name_u]Luca[/name_u] in a really short space of time and two of them were just enough to put me off the name!

I’m very fussy with names anyway so it doesn’t take much to put me off but teaching definitely doesn’t help with choosing names. A while back I ended up crushing on the name [name_m]Louis[/name_m] prn. Loo-ee as there was the sweetest little boy in my class with this name. Others that I’ve crushed on [name_m]Cohen[/name_m] (I didn’t know about the name before), [name_m]George[/name_m] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u].

I really love the name [name_f]Alya[/name_f] now because of a particular student.
I have definitely come to loathe certain names as well, though luckily none of my favorites.