Team green arrived-- baby girl!

[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_f]Deborah[/name_f] [name_u]Van[/name_u] S------- [name_m]Born[/name_m] [name_u]March[/name_u] 10.

[name_m]Little[/name_m] sister to [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] and [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]. (All named with assistance of some excessive nameberry usage mid-pregnancy)

[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_f]Deborah[/name_f]

6 yo Magno originally suggested [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] because of our fav picture books about [name_f]Frances[/name_f] the badger (Bedtime for [name_f]Frances[/name_f], A [name_u]Baby[/name_u] sister for [name_f]Frances[/name_f], etc) by [name_m]Russell[/name_m] Hoban. [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] is [name_f]Frances[/name_f]’ baby sister. DH and I liked that there’s a meaning of Biblical significance, while still being a familiar/vintage/traditional name. Also, that it’s used internationally in Hispanic ultures, etc.
We used to live in Nepal and know several sweet Nepali ladies named Mahima, which means glory in Nepali.
[name_f]Glory[/name_f] is a character in the [name_f]Marilynne[/name_f] [name_m]Robinson[/name_m] novels [name_m]Gilead[/name_m], Home, [name_f]Lila[/name_f], favs of mine.
Also, there are several catchy [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] songs that have somewhat disturbing lyrics/stories (the Lumineers, [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_m]Branigan[/name_m], [name_f]Patti[/name_f] [name_m]Smith[/name_m]), but our fav is classic 80s U2 [name_f]Gloria[/name_f].
And love the reminder to focus on and praise God’s [name_f]Glory[/name_f].

Middle name [name_f]Deborah[/name_f] is [name_f]MIL[/name_f]. I don’t like the repetitive sound of [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_f]Deborah[/name_f] together, but our first 2 kids have my parent’s names for middle, so didn’t feel we could pass over in-laws this time without offense. (Justified my parents for both first 2 kids because of VS last name ;)) So put meaning/family connection/namesake as priority over the sound, flow of name. AND, of course, [name_f]Deborah[/name_f] is a strong female Biblical character, which we like. As with [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], we wanted a sense of both strength and beauty for girl’s name.

If she was a boy, would have been [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] [name_m]Bruce[/name_m]. [name_m]Bruce[/name_m] is FIL. [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] the Biblical prophet we’ve both felt encouraged/convicted/inspired by in recent years. Also, seems fitting for a Lenten baby. [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] full of the brokenness of the world, yet also the most hopeful prophesies of the [name_m]New[/name_m] Covenant, [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_f]Hope[/name_f], [name_m]New[/name_m] World. It is a Duggar name, tho, which we’d rather avoid. ”

And we’re all pretty thrilled we ended up with our rejoicing [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] girl.

This time not fitting the trend of our previous 2 team green kids, where we were set on the name for sex it turned out to be early on and slower/less certain about the one it wasn’t. DH and I agreed about [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] months ago, but until recently DD and I were waiting for his final agreement to [name_f]Gloria[/name_f]. I think he was partially convinced because of how she kept saying “I think if it’s a girl, we should name her [name_f]Gloria[/name_f]”, plus shooting down all the other ideas.

NN possiblities all range of [name_f]Glory[/name_f], [name_f]Gia[/name_f], [name_f]Glory[/name_f] bee, Glo, Gloworm (born on full worm moon), Glowly worm…only one I’ve nixed so far is [name_f]Gigi[/name_f], which to me sounds like a poodle or grandma.

6 Likes

Wonderful! Congratulations!

[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] is wonderful!! [name_u]Love[/name_u] all the meaning behind it :slight_smile: congratulations

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! So much meaning in one lovely name. Congratulations!

Congratulations!

I love [name_f]Gloria[/name_f], it’s definitely underused — which is a good thing. (And I have a friend [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] nn Magno lol.) Congrats!

I absolutely adore [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_f]Deborah[/name_f], such a refreshing name!

[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] makes me think of the song.

Lovely name! And I understand the hesitance with using two names with the same ending sound, but you’ll get used to it and end up loving it. [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Angelena[/name_f] [name_f]Sonia[/name_f], so I know how that goes.

What a wonderful choice! Pairs so beautifully with her siblings’ names, too. Congratulations :tada: