(Teaser, Anyone?)

I got this idea from one of the best accounts here.
Basically, its a word game. A person offers a sentence (from their personal work, or even just a made-up sentence,) then suggests a word from that sentence for the next person to write a sentence around.

I’ll go first, and maybe you guys will catch on? It’s a sentence from my latest work.

"I might not know a lot about friendships, [name_u]Dove[/name_u], but I know sure as hell know me holding your hand isn’t very friendly. But I don’t even care because I just want this one act of selfishness. " he breathes huskily then sits back into his chair as if he hadn’t just whispered one of the unfriendliest, most indecent things like it was a sacred prayer into my ear.

Next word: sacred

1 Like

I look down at [name_f]Ila[/name_f], clawing at my arms, trying to escape. I still don’t understand why she’s so scared of Levvie and [name_u]Addison[/name_u].

Next word: escape

Her eyes welled up and a quiet sob escaped her mouth. The miserable sound echoed down the hallway, triggering her to straighten automatically.

next: miserable

In my whole life, I had never met someone so miserable as [name_f]Ila[/name_f]. She was afraid of two of the nicest people I knew.

next: afraid

She told herself repeatedly over the fifteen-minute drive how silly it was for her to be so afraid, but she couldn’t deny the quiver in her chest and knot in her stomach.

next: minute

“Okay, I’ll do th–” Arslan said and got out his phone. Then he stopped and gave his father a dirty look. “Wait a minute. You want me to recruit my friends for this brawl, don’t you?”

Next word: recruit

The grating voices of the teenage girls brought [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] back to her sorority recruitment. What a simple time. She wondered where those “lifelong” friends were now.

next: girls

The two girls had a lot in common, and they cherished their similarities.

Next word: common

Princess [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] smiled curtly at the group of adventurers. “I don’t convene with common people.” With a flourish, she obscured the lower half of her face with an ornate blue fan and turned to leave.

Next Word: Smiled

1 Like

“Of course!” Shireen replied and smiled. “[name_m]How[/name_m] else would we get in the building, silly?”

Next word: building

As she refocused on the real world, [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] saw it: the most beautiful, not too big, not too small, wave building behind another just feet away from her.

next: beautiful

"With all due respect, the painting is pretty but your face is beautiful." he murmurs huskily and I swear I blush red up to my hairline."

next: respect

“Gosh, [name_u]Addison[/name_u]!” I cry, all respect for the ‘quiet in the library’ rule gone. “I told you! Ask [name_f]Cora[/name_f]! Ask [name_f]Lotte[/name_f]! Ask [name_f]Isla[/name_f] herself! It’s not my secret to tell and I’m not going to upset [name_f]Isla[/name_f]!”

Next: upset

After letting go of her brother, Shireen, still upset, said, “[name_f]Promise[/name_f] me you won’t die at that place.”

Next word: promise

“I promise,” I mutter.
“It’s not to be taken lightly!” She warns me. “[name_f]My[/name_f] mother, she…” [name_f]Isla[/name_f]’s hands skitter around, weaving a web of ice on her lap. “…she’s possessed.” I look at her in shock. [name_f]Mira[/name_f] Caravago, rumored to be only second best at Pyrokenesis to her older sister Alsina, possessed?

Next: weave/weaving

She just kept weaving in and out of traffic, her mind distracted by this new problem.

next: problem

“Okay, I get your problem. Now, how to fix it?” I pace back and forth. [name_f]Claret[/name_f] shakes her head.
“Problems are fixable. This is not.”

Next: fix/fixing/fixable

She stared at her reflection in the gas station mirror and realized that for once, this problem wasn’t fixable.

next: realize

Claret sighs. “Lessy?” She asks tentatively. [name_f]My[/name_f] head lifts.
“[name_f]Claret[/name_f]?” I reply. I feel downhearted, now that I’ve realized that not everything can be resolved. We might not be able to save [name_f]Mira[/name_f] Caravago. Her daughter, [name_f]Isla[/name_f], her sister, Alsina, and me, her niece. We might have to live without her.

Next: Downhearted

Without [name_f]Delphi[/name_f], [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] was stuck wandering through an unfamiliar world with a boy who was all but a stranger at her side, both of them scared to rescue her. Downhearted felt like a huge understatement.

Next: scared