(Teaser, Anyone?)

You reach the cave minutes later. You and your brothers enter. You continue down the dark tunnel and keep walking until you reach a fork in the path. You don’t want to be late for your father’s meeting.

(This is from a Choose Your Own [name_u]Adventure[/name_u] I wrote a couple years ago, which is why it’s pretty bad and in second person)

Next: tunnel

2 Likes

Several minutes went by as the [name_m]Baris[/name_m] children traversed through the dark tunnel. To them, the darkness made the minutes seem like hours.

Next word: traverse

1 Like

You traversed the terrain of my life, unwavering and wonderful. I was so lucky to have you, my sorella.

All my love,
[name_f]Bia[/name_f]

next: lucky

2 Likes

She clapped her hands. “All right, that concludes that lesson. We’ll do one-on-ones starting next week. Good luck tonight. This is a practice run. You guys got this.” With that, [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] Zhao straightened her blazer and marched out the room.

next: march

1 Like

You marched right into this side of the Fold, through saints know what, all to save me from the Darkling. And for what, Kaz? You found me, you pieced me back together again, and then you turned around and left. You’re gone, back to Kerch, drinking wine with Inej and Jesper, and I’m here. I’m here, sitting in this damn castle drinking the queens damn wine listening to this damn Royal gossip, and I don’t think I can take it anymore. I’m getting on a skiff, Kaz. I’m getting out of here, brand or no brand, Darkling or no Darkling. Maybe a month from now, I’ll be the one sitting next to you at the bar, yeah? Wouldn’t that be nice.
-Dorian

Next: Brand

1 Like

@litoreus Lol was literally just reading [name_m]Rule[/name_m] of Wolves :slight_smile:

She grabs his hair and yanks upward, forcing his panicked eyes to meet hers. I see her rub her thumb along the hilt of her knife while she lifts it to his face, running the flat edge along his cheek, as if mapping out what’s inevitably coming. Then her lips quirk up, and the knife twists as Gaiane makes a neat cut from the corner of his eye to his jaw.
His scream rings through the chamber, but I watch the tears silently slip from little Ersa’s horrified eyes.
Gaiane straightens. “Aktor, I trust you’ll be efficient with the branding?”

Next: efficient

4 Likes

“You’re kidding,” [name_f]Laura[/name_f] said angrily as she hugged her blanket around herself and her dog. Tears rolled down her cheeks as [name_m]Loki[/name_m] licked her face in order to bring his person some comfort. “Let the police handle this?! [name_u]Ash[/name_u], you, of all people, know the boys in blue haven’t been exactly efficient in bringing Golzine to justice.”

“I know, but it’s too dangerous for you to go after the guy,” [name_u]Ash[/name_u] said. “You’re barely 14, and he’s a grown man. Plus, he’s got a lot of bodyguards. And he and his guys have no problem killing children.”

“I know that, and right now I don’t give a flying–!” [name_f]Laura[/name_f] stopped after her voice broke, and she wiped her eyes. “I know Golzine had something to do with my parents’ disappearance. After Danny made him angry…”

Next word: disappear

2 Likes

I found myself stepping back as [name_f]Aislinn[/name_f] screamed, the sound too loud to be safe. She’d said that [name_m]Xander[/name_m] was an awful sort of person anyway, so why was she so horrified to see him die?
Maybe that was a sign that something was wrong with me, the realisation that I’d watched the life disappear from the eyes of a boy just a tiny bit older than me, and not reacted at all.

Next: react

2 Likes

The princess was up and, on her feet, faster than he could react, and she quickly ducked into the other chamber. Cursing to himself, the guard scrambled to his feet, chasing after her. Of all the men in his father’s rank, why did the captain assign him to the princess?

Next word: scramble

1 Like

“Well, that just scrambles my eggs,” [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] finally exclaimed, breaking the silence.

Next Word: silence

“You’re…staying conscious? Walking fine?”
I can’t blame him for the awkwardness of this situation, but my nod is still brusque.
“Good.”
“Yes.”
The silence leaves room for me to notice his clenched jaw, his furrowed brow above eyes that are trained on his lap.

Next: blame

I always knew she thought it was my fault. I just couldn’t ever get her to come out and say it.
“Mom didn’t leave because of me, Kyra,” I told her softly.
“She didn’t leave on a whim,” she replied.

next: playful

eloise laughed, chasing hendrick through the meadow.
“you’re never going to catch me, lou!” he laughed. eloise felt her cheeks heat.
“you wish!” she responded, breathing heavily. as eloise reached the tree she saw hendrick hide behind, she looked up. sitting on a high branch above the flowers was hendrick, a dagger resting in his hand.
“you didn’t think i actually cared about your family, now did you?”

next: dagger.

There were no guards. Why were there no guards?

No blood, no scrapes on the door or the walls, no dents or marks or anything that would suggest a fight. [name_f]My[/name_f] eyes flew around the corridor. Nothing broken, nothing else out of order…

I ripped my dagger from my belt and stepped towards the door, forcing myself to be slow, to be careful. I needed surprise on my side if there was a threat lingering beyond those doors.

Next: corridor

2 Likes

They encountered [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] as they entered the corridor. He was dressed semi-formally, and had a thick manila folder, stuffed with papers, clamped underneath his left armpit. One glance at his mother caused his face to contort in obvious concern.

Next: encounter

1 Like

[name_u]Theo[/name_u] turned around to look at the page who’d brought him here, seeing the awkward boy in a whole new light. So this was Dr. Golden’s brother he spoke so much about.

Next word: awkward

[name_m]Niklas[/name_m] stared across the room, his skin practically itching. He didn’t like [name_m]Brynjar[/name_m] being in such close proximity to him. He didn’t like the awkward tension that filled the room. And he definitely did not like [name_m]Crispin[/name_m] Fitzwalter. He told himself it was just because of the bad energy that Fitzwalter put out, though that really wasn’t it.

next: itch

1 Like

“Eh.” [name_f]Diane[/name_f] scratches the back of her neck under her scraggly black hair. “My mother got up way too early.” As she itches her neck, I marvel at how tall she is.

Next word: marvel

[name_f]My[/name_f] heart breaks for him. He is so very alone. He has no one in the world. And yet, I marvel. I met him only today, but he is fifteen years old. He has lived like this, isolated from the world, for fifteen years. I don’t doubt he is one of the strongest people I know.

Next word: Alone

“What happened to Niklas?” [name_f]Giulietta[/name_f] asked.
[name_f]Margaux[/name_f] sighed.
“It’s not your problem,” [name_m]Brynjar[/name_m] said lowly. He looked so tired, his blue eyes empty. “Leave it alone.”

next: empty

1 Like