(Teaser, Anyone?)

I must have done the impossible and fallen asleep, because when I open my eyes [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is lying next to me, a small blanket covering us both.

Next: Asleep

[name_m]Even[/name_m] though she was exhausted, she’d found it difficult to fall asleep last night. Right now, she was running off two hours of sleep and an energy bar. Piloting was a terrible idea, but there wasn’t an alternative that was much safer.

next: safe

1 Like

“Not the safest idea, I know,” [name_f]Laura[/name_f] said sheepishly, rubbing the back of her head after her attempt to shoot the man who pulled her out of the vent resulted in the recoil knocking her backwards into the wall. She looked at her half-scared/half-perplexed friend sitting next to her.

Next word: recoil

“you’re lucky I found you when i did” laurie scolded as he combed stella’s hair watching it recoil back into its light curls. stella didn’t reply opting to fiddle lightly with her tiny fingers.

curl(ed)

[name_u]Lisa[/name_u] wanted to curl into a ball and cry, but she had to get [name_u]Kit[/name_u] and [name_f]Belle[/name_f] away from the house, away from the pain and terror. Away from the memory of [name_f]Mama[/name_f] and [name_f]Papa[/name_f]. Stay strong, she told herself. [name_u]Strong[/name_u].

Next: [name_f]Memory[/name_f]

[name_f]Elske[/name_f] blinked, hard, as if it would erase her memories.

next: blink

[name_u]Kenna[/name_u] slowly blinked out of her trance, the blood shifting from dark crimson to a mix of dark blue and forest green. It was paint. [name_m]Just[/name_m] paint. Nothing else.

Next: Paint

The bright yellow van in Lucia’s driveway stands out against the forest beyond it, the yellow paint cutting through the fog like a flashlight beam. [name_f]Music[/name_f] drifts from the window, which is rolled down so that a faint trail of smoke leaks out.

Next: smoke

And then there was Hendrix’s ashen face, too close, the stench of tobacco on his breath as he shouted in Kain’s ear.
“There’s a staircase still standing! We have to get down!”
Kain couldn’t see it through the haze of smoke and screams, but he and Arun hurried after Hendrix, keeping close.

Next: stench