Teasing?

thanks for your thoughts!

[name]Beatrix[/name] is lovely. Almost any name can be made fun of by children. you could add an additional name between [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Martha[/name] to break up the initials.

My 15 year old son said it’s a mouthful, but that was it. No one even thought of turning tricks. I think your brother’s really reaching. My husband likes the name. I say use it. It’s cool & has an old school feel to it.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]. I named my cat [name]Beatrix[/name] (this from a family that had a dog [name]Sophie[/name] and a dog [name]Katie[/name] - we use good names on our pets. Stupidly maybe!) 20+ years ago. One of my all time faves.
My husband is like your brother. Always finding the "tease’ for a name. He did not like [name]Ainsley[/name] because it made him think of “anus”. He initially poo-pooed my choice of [name]Hadley[/name] (which I did win) with “[name]Hadley[/name] smells badly”.
There is always something but your brother did stretch a bit - quite imaginative!!
Go for it. I love it. [name]Way[/name] more than [name]Beatrice[/name].

I agree, any name can be a potential for teasing. And if they can’t find a way to tease with the name, they will find something else (my sister was called ‘muffin head’, LOL). I certainly would have never thought teasing potential when thinking about the name [name]Beatrix[/name]…and really that isn’t bad, anyway (I can think of far worse with other names!)

I personally love the name, and I don’t think that should hold you back! [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Martha[/name] is beautiful!

[name]Beatrix[/name] is an awesome name! It has a definite sauciness, though, which is what makes it so cute but also may turn some off.

[name]Beatrix[/name] is an awesome name! It has a definite sauciness, though, which is what makes it so cute but also may turn some off.

My DH also goes to “teasing” type nn’s pretty quickly. I love this name and brought it up before. He said, “I like [name]Beatrice[/name] – but is [name]Beatrix[/name] a different name?” After I explained that it was and that we could use [name]Trixie[/name] for a nn, he said he hated it. It wasn’t the Be-a-tricks (turning tricks) thing for him. He said all it reminded him of was [name]Trix[/name] cereal. then when I said [name]Trixie[/name] as a nn, he said “like turning tricks” so, yeah the potential is there-- I think honestly, it’s more widespread than just a few teenagers. BUT – if you guys love the name, definitely use it! It’s a beautiful, fun, sassy, and unique name. [name]Every[/name] name has it’s teasing potential and this is really no worse than other things! Because I doubt your daughter is actually going to be “turning tricks” - lol

I think knowing the teasing potentials up front is really the only important factor here. Then you just have to figure out if you can live with those or not. I do think that teenage boys are probably a little more cruel than others… and your brother probably doesn’t know any other [name]Beatrix[/name]'s so it’s natural to be a little turned off by a name at first.

I wouldn’t worry about it . . . like other posters have said, if kids want to tease they will, and if not with the child’s name, then something else. You can’t let that be the determining factor! :slight_smile: [name]Beatrix[/name] has been on my list before so I’ve considered it from different angles, and it has never occurred to me that be-a-tricks might be a problem. I say you should go for it!