Ted

So, yesterday I posted a list of criteria for my boys’ names, and the 4 finalists that fit the bill. First - thanks to everyone who responded… very insightful comments. Seems like the general feeling is that [name]Joe[/name] fits the best, [name]George[/name] the worst, and [name]Frank[/name] and [name]Edward[/name] somewhere in the middle. I’m really focusing on the name [name]Edward[/name] for the moment - with nns [name]Ted[/name] and/or [name]Teddy[/name].

What images come to mind with the name [name]Ted[/name]/[name]Teddy[/name]? What kind of boy do you picture? What kind of man? [name]How[/name] would the name shape your expectations of the person? Thanks in advance…

[name]Ted[/name] is one of my favorite names right now! [name]Love[/name] it as a nn for [name]Edward[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name]. I love [name]Theodore[/name] even more than [name]Edward[/name]. But both names are terrific.
[name]Teddy[/name] is a cuddly little boy, and [name]Ted[/name] is a smart, creative guy. He is really, really cute in a very skinny but muscley way. I’m thinking [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Gordon[/name]-Levitt in “Ten Things I Hate About You” or even in “500 Days of [name]Summer[/name]”.

[name]Ted[/name] [name]Kennedy[/name]! Maybe b/c I grew up in Massachusetts, but he is definitely the first one that comes to mind. If you politics veer to the left, it would be an honorable namesake.

Definitely an honorable namesake for my politics, and already on the “pros” side of the ledger. :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]! I missed your other thread, but I love [name]Edward[/name], nn [name]Teddy[/name], so much. (It’s one of my all-time favorites.) :slight_smile: (I also love [name]Teddy[/name] as a nickname for [name]Theodore[/name]…)

With [name]Teddy[/name], I think of a darling little boy with dark hair and a side part. He’s bright, imaginative, cuddly, adventurous, and sweet.

With [name]Ted[/name], I think of a distinguished, intelligent, warm man with a great personality, much like [name]Ted[/name] [name]Kennedy[/name], which is a very good thing to me. :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile:

"[name]Teddy[/name] is a cuddly little boy, and [name]Ted[/name] is a smart, creative guy. He is really, really cute in a very skinny but muscley way. I’m thinking [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Gordon[/name]-Levitt in “Ten Things I Hate About You” or even in “500 Days of [name]Summer[/name]”

• This sums up my son exactly! he is a “[name]Ted[/name]” but his name is [name]Michael[/name] (grandpa) [name]Edward[/name] (g-grandpa). If you can believe there is another [name]Teddy[/name] in his grade of 21 boys!!
      [name]IMO[/name], always best to stick to a classic, vampire book or not, for a boy’s name.

Personally, I love the name [name]Edward[/name] with the nickname [name]Ted[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name]. It’s a classic name, and is such a great namesake after [name]Ted[/name] [name]Kennedy[/name]. Also, I have recently gained more respect for my science teacher from last year whose name is just [name]Ted[/name].

For a little boy, I can imagine a cute little kid nicknamed [name]Teddy[/name] who is sweet and loving. He is also curious and funny and everyone seems to like him.
As a teenager, I can imagine a [name]Ted[/name] being smart, funny, friendly, and popular in the sense that everyone likes him. He would also be respectful and nice.
As an adult, I imagine [name]Ted[/name] like my science teacher. Funny, smart, caring, and just a good guy. He has the kind of personality that makes you want to be around him, or learn from him.

Very detailed reply, I know, but I figure I’d help you out as much as I can. And I think I’ve started to fall in love with this name even more now. Haha. Good luck! :slight_smile:

I have a son nicknamed [name]Teddy[/name], real name [name]Theodore[/name]. He has blondish hair and an insane sense of humor (giggled at 6 weeks), is quiet and calm but cunning and smart. Everyone calls him [name]Teddy[/name] [name]Bear[/name], which fits him perfectly. He wakes up with a smile, never complains, and laughs at everything. I’m also pretty sure he’s a genius (wink, wink). :slight_smile:

[name]Teddy[/name] with the nn [name]Ted[/name] is my top, top boy name!!!

I love the name [name]Edward[/name] called [name]Teddy[/name]/[name]Ted[/name]: that’s what we named our first son (after my father). [name]Teddy[/name] was a darling name for a little boy, and [name]Ted[/name] a great name when he was older. The only ‘problem’ with the name is that our [name]Ted[/name] has never liked the [name]Edward[/name] part of his name and as an adult uses [name]Ted[/name] A. Lastname (‘A’ standing for his middle name [name]Anthony[/name]). However, he did give his second son [name]Edward[/name] as his middle name. I highly recommend the name [name]Edward[/name], nn [name]Teddy[/name]/[name]Ted[/name].

Thanks everyone! Either this is a more popular choice than I expected, or I’ve stumbled onto the kindest names board on these here internets. I think this name has toppled [name]Joe[/name] and moved into my top spot…