Teddy/Theodora

I started really liking the name [name]Teddy[/name] for a girl, but I agree with so many people that [name]Teddy[/name] should have a full name with [name]Teddy[/name] as the nickname. I was thinking [name]Theodora[/name]? What do you think? I like [name]Teddy[/name] better, but [name]Theodora[/name] is gorgeous. I was thinking the middle name [name]Angelica[/name] with it? What do you think?

I like [name]Theodora[/name] with [name]Teddy[/name] as the nn. [name]Angelica[/name] does not excite me but its not bad at all.

[name]Theodora[/name] is nice, but I would probably just call her [name]Dora[/name]. I think [name]Teddy[/name] is cute on a boy, but on a girl it just feels so silly and infantile. The stuffed animal thing on a girl just makes it a cuteness overload. Not great on an adult woman, but I think an adult man going by [name]Ted[/name] (Or even [name]Theo[/name]) in most of his life, and his family, spouse, and friends calling him [name]Teddy[/name] is sweet.

Right. Normally I’m not a fan of mixing genders so completely – [name]Teddy[/name] is definitely a boy’s name – but you’ve found the exception. I actually like [name]Teddy[/name] for a girl. This is just a thought – I don’t even know if I like it myself – but would [name]Teddie[/name] feminize it a bit? [name]Just[/name] a thought.

Definitely go with [name]Theodora[/name] as a full first name – it’ll avoid some of the confusion if she’s able to have a decidedly feminine name for posterity.

But not [name]Angelina[/name]. [name]Theodora[/name] [name]Angelina[/name] is completely over the top – don’t like all the syllables and don’t like the rhyming “a” endings. Consider something shorter – with such a long first name, a one- or even two-syllable middle name would be preferable.

[name]Theodora[/name] [name]Lee[/name]? (Similar to the 3rd syllable of [name]Angelina[/name])
[name]Theodora[/name] [name]May[/name]? (Because you seem to be going full-fledged girlie with the middle name)
[name]Theodora[/name] [name]Anne[/name]? (again, first syllable of [name]Angelina[/name])
[name]Theodora[/name] [name]Rae[/name]?
[name]Theodora[/name] [name]Angel[/name]? (I don’t love [name]Angel[/name], but it’s a shortened version of [name]Angelina[/name])
[name]Theodora[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]?

[name]Just[/name] a few thoughts.