Teddy

Is there another way to get the nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] other than from [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] or [name_u]Edward[/name_u]? We have a nephew named [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (Theo) and [name_u]Edward[/name_u] is too formal for me. Is [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] off the table because of nephew [name_u]Theo[/name_u]?

I love [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]! I don’t think it’s off the table at all, since they’re only cousins, not siblings.

[name_u]Edison[/name_u] comes to mind for a less formal-sounding [name_m]Ed[/name_m]- name! You could also do [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u].

I think [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] are just fine for cousins! Sure, they stem from the same name, but they sound different and wouldn’t be confusing for cousins.
Perhaps you’d like [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] (meaning ‘bear’), [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_m]Theomund[/name_m], or just lovely [name_u]Bear[/name_u] to get to [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]?

I think [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] or [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] would get their too!

I don’t think [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] is off the table.

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] as a nn for…

[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]
[name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]
[name_u]Edison[/name_u]
[name_m]Tancred[/name_m]
[name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]
Orson/Otso/Arthur → meaning ‘bear’ → teddy bear → [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]
Tobias/Toby Dean/Toby Edwin/Toby/Tobias Jared/Tobias [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Terrence[/name_m]
[name_m]Tide[/name_m]
[name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]
[name_m]Todrick[/name_m]