Teen mom problems

hey all, just wanted to share some stuff just to kinda get it out and vent, so i’m 16 and i have a son, his name is [name_u]Emmet[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], but uh parenting is tough i didn’t think it would be this hard. it was really hard because before i had got pregnant i was addicted to a lot of different things. during my pregnancy i had worked on quitting and now i’m still clean and sober almost 2 1/2 years , when my mom found out i was pregnant, she kicked me out, so i moved in with my baby daddy, we still live together with his family, i got emancipated. my mom has blocked me on everything and shut off all contact with me… so that’s definitely hard but i feel like for where i’m at , i’m doing good… anyways my baby is going to be 3 next year, time flies, but yeah if you read this far thanks for listening i really needed to just get it out :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing darling. :relaxed: It sounds like you’ve been through a lot of things most people your age (and even quite older) could never begin to imagine. Emmet James is a very sweet name. Keep at it, Mama! You’re doing a beautiful job.

4 Likes

It is indeed tough. It sounds like you are doing an amazing job- really turning your life around and accepting all the responsibilities that come with parenthood. I guess one of the main advantages of being a young parent is you will have so much energy to do things with your children when they get a bit older- and hopefully many more years to spend with them across your lifetime :blush: Also plenty of opportunities to pursue your own career or life plans once they’ve grown up and you’re still young with all your life ahead of you. Hang in there! :heart:

1 Like

thank you so much everyone here is so supportive i love it, and yeah i definitely have more energy than most, but he still wears me out haha, i love him to death, but boy i didn’t know it be this much energy haha

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to the community, Emmaleigha!

It must have been incredibly tough for you, losing your mother at such a young age. I’m glad you are now in a supportive household that is safe for you and your son. I’m so pleased that you are doing as good as you possibly can, despite the circumstance with your mother.

Congratulations on almost 2 1/2 years clean and sober! That’s an absolutely wonderful achievement, and it really exemplifies the lengths you’re willing to go to in order to give your son the best life possible. Babies are hard work, and it’s okay if you feel tired and worn out at times. I think most people don’t realise just how hard being a parent is until they become one! I’m sure you and your son are going to have a wonderful life ahead.

2 Likes

thank you so much for that! that really made my heart happy, i’m not trying to sound like compliment greedy but it’s nice when someone else other than me notices things, it was very hard, and sometimes i miss the drugs, but i will never go back no matter how hard it gets because i made a promise to ems that i would do whatever it takes to keep him happy, healthy, and safe… i just like when someone tells me how i’m doing cause it just hits different when its from someone else and not me, i really wish my mom could meet my son, i’d love for her to see her first grandchild and spoil him, and be the grandma my son would love to go to always, but i feel like he just isn’t gonna get the chance for that, my babydaddy’s mom is already the fun grandma, but i just wish my mom would want to be involved. it hurts. a lot.

one thing my mom used to always say to me is “my love is like a rose that blooms forever, not even the thorns can prevent it from blooming” i just wish she was actually gonna listen to what she said, but yeah i kinda vibe with it :))

I totally get it.

I wouldn’t go so far to say that I suffered from an addiction in the same way you did, but getting pregnant really turned my life around and made me truly reassess what was important. Nothing beats true love – and there is no love truer than that between mama and baby. Unfortunately, not all mamas have that bond and that love, but you clearly do.

Hearing other people’s positive perspectives can be so validating, even if not necessary. I think it’s totally normal and understandable that you want other people to tell you that you’re doing well! It’s tough when you don’t have that traditional family unit with a complete set of grandparents, siblings, parents, whatever you deem traditional, but I can assure you that your son won’t miss out. I was raised by basically just one person and never had that traditional family set up, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. I have an incredibly close bond with this particular person who raised me, and [name_u]Emmet[/name_u] will have that with you.

That’s a very sweet quote, even if she didn’t end up following through. However, you will be able to follow it for your own son - give him everything you didn’t get. You’re just a child yourself that has had to grow up way too fast, but you’re handling everything so well and taking it in your stride. When your son is a little older he will see that, and be forever grateful for you.

4 Likes

that made me feel so loved and heard finally thank you

1 Like

Of course <3 If you ever wanna talk please reach out! I’m just two years older than you so we’re pretty close in age and have a few similar life experiences. I hope you enjoy these forums!

1 Like

it’s nice knowing i’m not alone

Hey Emmaleigha

I just wanted to say your doing amazingly well being so young going through so much and coming out the other side is so inspiring! You should be so so proud of yourself :hugs::hugs:
2.5 years sober is very impressive and your son is incredibly lucky to have a mother with so much determination in order to achieve that.

Motherhood itself is very tough it’s a thankless never ending task that to be honest no one is prepared for until you actually become a mum. [name_f]My[/name_f] daughter is approaching 8 months old and I’ve forgotten what sleeping through the night is like. It’s exhausting! At times I canny stand it I want to run away or turn back the clock to when it was just me and I could do what I want when I want it’s perfectly natural so if you have days like that don’t feel bad. [name_m]Just[/name_m] if you have more days like that than days of contentment then seek help from a professional. Honestly I love [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] to be pieces she’s my everything but there are times when I just want to put my head into a pillow and scream! :joy::joy: Also I’m 27 with a large support network including my mum who is a massive support your still so young and without your mum motherhood is a huge thing to go through in your predicament your overall courage is outstanding! Your should be proud. [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] is lucky to have you :blue_heart:

From the sounds of it your providing [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] a brilliant home and your a wonderful individual who has been through a lot and has come
out the other side a remarkable young woman! Be proud of yourself and also try to make some time for you. Make sure on a weekly basis your giving yourself an hour or so too paint your nails, read a book, go for a run, catch up on sleep you need some you time & deserve some you time!! I always feel so much better after just having that me time to go see a friend, read a book or get my nails done. Everyone needs a break!

Anyways if you want to talk further free free to message but your amazing be proud!!!

2 Likes

that made me so emotional, it really validates me. all you are so very sweet

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], I just want to say that you are VERY STRONG, and I’m sure you are a great mom! I’m a little younger than you and I can’t imagine being a parent, and battling with addictions on top of it, you must be some kind of superheroine to manage it all at that age! I understand that it’s hard, but being a hero is always hard, never lose hope! I’m very sorry that your mom does not understand what an awesome woman she raised, I hope one day she’ll realise it.
Also [name_u]Emmet[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] is an absolutely beautiful name!

2 Likes

Mum of two boys. Aged 6 and 4. Parenting is the hardest job in the world! And the most rewarding. :slightly_smiling_face:

Kudos to you for overcoming addiction.

I follow a couple called Stephen Hilton, he is on YouTube and his wife Laura Clery…you may like their videos because he talks about his sobriety and his wife is hilarious. He speaks really well on the subject.

2 Likes

hi emmaleigha!

it amazes me all that you’ve overcome at such a young age, and i hope you know that emmet is lucky to have you. i’m 17 and on top of all the difficult things about being a teenager, i couldn’t imagine dealing with all that you have on your plate currently.

you’re truly an inspiration, and thank you for sharing your story, i know i’ve found a place of acceptance and help on these forums and i hope you do too :purple_heart:

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I’m so glad you joined our little community and felt safe enough to share your journey with us. You’ve been through a lot. :heart: I hope this can be a safe space for you to have fun and make some great parent-friends. Always open to messages if you need a private chat. Hugs Xx

1 Like

aww thank you all so much @_thelittlefairywren @hannahwren @anon25197097 @JosephineMaree it’s really encouraging hearing this! overcoming my addiction was one of the hardest things i’ve done, honestly. many nights crying, throwing up, shaking, hot and cold flashes, and much more, i so badly wanted to go back to using and drinking. but one thing i can say now, is there is not one thing i regret about quitting. yeah sure, i may just miss the feeling, but i am never using again. i am never drinking again. though the recovery was long and hard, especially while being pregnant at the same time, i’m glad i quit! i have a healthy baby boy and he’s doing great! smiles for miles and miles!! he’s such a happy boy and if i hadn’t quit i don’t know if i’d even be able to say i had a son… my motivation comes purely out of love for him… it’s very much been a struggle having to adult so early and grow up, but if i could, i would do it all again! i love [name_u]Emmet[/name_u] to death. and i would and will do anything to keep him happy and safe.

2 Likes