Teen mommy

[name]Do[/name] the names i have chosen sound to teen mommy-ish. Yes? No? explain?
~[name]Britt[/name]

Uh…okay…

Could you tell me what do you mean by “teen mommyish”?

I’d also like to know what you mean by that.

I hate the term if I’m honest, my sister had her son aged 16 and she is one of the best moms I know.

I don’t see how a name sounds teen mom-ish. People of all ages choose crappy names for their kids!

Sorry if I’m being a little harsh. This kind of prejudice is close to home for me.

If I misunderstood what you meant in your OP I apologise.

I was just wondering if the names I have in my footer are good names because alot of people around where i live critize teens and their children’s names for being to childish, trendy and creative. [name]Don[/name]'t get me wrong two of my best friend have children and we are still in highschool - [name]Brent[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] born when his mommy was fifteen and [name]Zoey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] born when her mommy was sixteen

As far as trendy and childish, I would say [name]Aubriana[/name], Mickenley, [name]Emmette[/name], Elliette, [name]Spencer[/name], [name]Daryn[/name], [name]Hayden[/name], [name]Armani[/name], Puckett (really?), [name]Ezera[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name] fit the bill.

Some yes, some no. The spellings and attempted feminizations are what’s throwing me off. I would suggest…

[name]Malia[/name] [name]Bay[/name] or [name]Mahala[/name] [name]Bay[/name]
[name]Aubriana[/name] [name]McKinley[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name] or [name]Emmy[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Roosevelt[/name] or [name]Eliora[/name] [name]Roosevelt[/name] (are you going for an [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Roosevelt[/name] connection?)
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Haven[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Jean[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] or [name]Rhea[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Lucie[/name] [name]Spencer[/name] or [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] or [name]Dara[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]

[name]Curtis[/name] [name]Armani[/name]
[name]Waylon[/name] [name]Gregor[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name] [name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Greyson[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name] [name]Pryor[/name]
[name]Truman[/name] [name]Fate[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Radley[/name]
Puckett [name]Vaughn[/name] or [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name] [name]Ellison[/name]
[name]Lennon[/name] [name]Ellery[/name]

I like most of your boys’ names. If I had to pick a favorite from each list as you have them now, I’d choose [name]Rio[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Marcus[/name] [name]Pryor[/name].

I understand better now :slight_smile: I’m really, really sorry for jumping!

From your list, I really like [name]Lucie[/name], [name]Harlow[/name] (this spelling) and [name]Hazel[/name] (this spelling. [name]Rio[/name] is a place, so its not my style. [name]Daryn[/name] is [name]Darren[/name], which is all boy to me. [name]Hayden[/name] is gender neutral, which would bother me, but is a perfectly good combo.

Elliette is a trendy spelling of [name]Elliot[/name], which is all boy. Same for [name]Emmette[/name]. [name]Aubriana[/name] is quite nice and [name]Maleah[/name] is a bit creative, though perfectly fine.

In all, I don’t think your favourites sound teen mom-ish. Some of them are boys names, which is fine if that’s what you like. I’m not a fan, though. If you spelled [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Harlow[/name] the traditional way they’d b e stunning! And I also love the French spelling of [name]Lucie[/name].

I guess it all comes down to what your preferred style is. Good luck choosing. [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Harlow[/name] are stunning!

If you are asking if the names in your signature sound trendy or have creative spellings, then I must say yes. : (

I think you will find that Nameberry members prefer names that do not have creative spellings.

They are trendy, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. However I’m not loving some of the spelling variations.

[name]Maleah[/name] [name]Bay[/name] - Prefer the spelling [name]Malia[/name], [name]Bay[/name] is nice.
[name]Aubriana[/name] Mickenley - [name]Aubriana[/name] is ok but not my taste, prefer the spelling [name]McKinley[/name].
[name]Emmette[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name] - Not a fan or [name]Emmett[/name] for a girl, I understand adding the ‘e’ on the end to feminise it but people won’t be able to hear it.
Elliette [name]Roosevelt[/name] - I think the creative spelling of [name]Elliot[/name] is unnecessary as [name]Elliot[/name] is already used by girls - and as above it doesn’t sound any different - leading to huge trouble with the name being constantly misspelled.
[name]Hazelle[/name] [name]Jayne[/name] - [name]Hazel[/name] is lovely with the original spelling - the ‘elle’ ending seems like it’s trying to hard to be girly.
[name]Hayden[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] - This is fine.
Harlowe [name]Jean[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this combo, but would definitely drop the ‘e’ on [name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] - Nice.
[name]Lucie[/name] [name]Spencer[/name] - Like this but prefer [name]Lucy[/name].
[name]Daryn[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] - Not a fan or [name]Daryn[/name] as a first name, it’s just not my taste.

[name]Kurtis[/name] [name]Armani[/name] - Like [name]Kurtis[/name], don’t love [name]Armani[/name] - I’m not a fan of popular brands being used as names.
[name]Waylon[/name] [name]Gregor[/name] - Like this.
[name]Elijah[/name] [name]Brooks[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this.
[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Greyson[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this too.
[name]Marcus[/name] [name]Pryor[/name] - Nice
[name]Truman[/name] [name]Fate[/name] - Not my style but not bad names.
[name]August[/name] [name]Radley[/name] - Like this, especially [name]August[/name].
Puckett [name]Vaughn[/name] - Not a fan of the first name - [name]Vaughn[/name] is cool though
[name]Ezera[/name] [name]Ellison[/name] - I love [name]Ezra[/name] as a name, the alliteration is cool.
[name]Lennon[/name] [name]Ellery[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t mind this, I do love [name]Ellery[/name] though.

I’m going to go with ‘yep’, for the most part. Most of the names in your sig are similar in style to ones I had on my list from the age of 13-16 (trendy, ‘creative’ spellings, boy names on girls).
I do think that [name]Cassandra[/name], [name]Lucie[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Elisabeth[/name], [name]Jayne[/name] & [name]Genevieve[/name] are all solid names for girls (I can even get on-board with [name]Bay[/name]). For boys, I think your favourites don’t give away your age so much, and I think [name]Kurtis[/name], [name]Gregor[/name], [name]Elijah[/name] [name]Brooks[/name], [name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Greyson[/name], [name]Marcus[/name] [name]Pryor[/name], [name]Truman[/name] [name]Fate[/name], [name]August[/name] [name]Radley[/name], [name]Ellison[/name] & [name]Lennon[/name] [name]Ellery[/name] are all good :slight_smile:

That being said, I know people who had kids in their 30s and 40s and chose trendy, ‘creatively’ spelled boy-names-on-girls, so it doesn’t necessarily mean the parents are teen parents. [name]Just[/name], to me, kreeyativ spellings and gender-bender picks (at least boy-names-on-girls) definitely says, “I’m 15 and trying to show my independence and creativity” to me. I mean, that’s why I had things like Rosaly Slone, [name]Jordynn[/name] [name]Mychelle[/name], Dafnie [name]Mikaela[/name], etc. on my list, at least.

[name]Maleah[/name] [name]Bay[/name] - [name]Maleah[/name] is a bit kreeaytiv, prefer [name]Malia[/name] [name]Bay[/name] which is cute.
[name]Aubriana[/name] Mickenley - Prefer [name]Audrey[/name], the Mickenley spelling makes me go “What the heck?”
[name]Emmette[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like this feminisation of [name]Emmett[/name]. [name]Cassandra[/name]'s fine.
Elliette [name]Roosevelt[/name] - [name]Eliette[/name] is a legitimate French name, prn AY-lee-ette. [name]El[/name]- [name]Roosevelt[/name] is just too [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Roosevelt[/name].
[name]Hazelle[/name] [name]Jayne[/name] - What’s wrong with [name]Hazel[/name]? This makes me think hazelle, rhymes with gazelle.
[name]Hayden[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] - [name]Hayden[/name] is a bit trendy right now, but it’s ok.
Harlowe [name]Jean[/name] - Alright, prefer [name]Harlow[/name].
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] - Your best one here! I really like it.
[name]Lucie[/name] [name]Spencer[/name] - Fine!
[name]Daryn[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] - [name]Daryn[/name] is a bit boyish, but I have known girls called [name]Darryn[/name]/[name]Daryn[/name]/[name]Darren[/name]. I prefer [name]Deryn[/name]/Derryn which is a Welsh girls name.

[name]Kurtis[/name] [name]Armani[/name] - Prefer [name]Curtis[/name] and [name]Armani[/name] is just all designer label to me.
[name]Waylon[/name] [name]Gregor[/name] - Fine!
[name]Elijah[/name] [name]Brooks[/name] - Fine!
[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Greyson[/name] - Fine!
[name]Marcus[/name] [name]Pryor[/name] - Fine!
[name]Truman[/name] [name]Fate[/name] - Not sure about [name]Fate[/name], but it’s ok.
[name]August[/name] [name]Radley[/name] - Fine!
Puckett [name]Vaughn[/name] - C’mon! Rhymes with… Use [name]Beckett[/name] or [name]Emmett[/name]. [name]Vaughn[/name] is fine.
[name]Ezera[/name] [name]Ellison[/name] - I prefer [name]Ezra[/name] [name]Ellison[/name].
[name]Lennon[/name] [name]Ellery[/name] - Fine!

Should I take ‘teen mommish’ to mean under-educated, lower-class? Too trendy? Immature? I don’t know…
I know if I had a baby when I was a teenager I would have chosen a very one-of-a-kind name because I valued individuality and being set apart from the crowd above all else. Now my naming style is a bit more conservative because I think that navigating easily through life is important and my daughter will set herself apart with her personality not her name.
But here are my reactions to these names:
[name]Maleah[/name] [name]Bay[/name]- I prefer [name]Milena[/name] [name]Bay[/name] or [name]Leah[/name] [name]Bay[/name]…[name]Maleah[/name] feels made-up
[name]Aubriana[/name] Mickenley- This actually reminds me of the show Teen Mom! Yeah I don’t like Mc names, and I think there’s an [name]Aubriana[/name] on that show!
[name]Emmette[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]- This is ok
Elliette [name]Roosevelt[/name]- I think Elliette looks strange and I would just use [name]Elliot[/name] and use a more feminine mn…[name]Roosevelt[/name] is a great mn, but I would pair it with a more feminine fn.
[name]Hazelle[/name] [name]Jayne[/name]- I think [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is gorgeous, I think there are some extra letters going on here.
[name]Hayden[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]- This isn’t my style, but it’s nice
Harlowe [name]Jean[/name]- [name]Jean[/name] [name]Harlow[/name] is an actress so this just looks like her name, listed, missing the comma.
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]- gorgeous.
[name]Lucie[/name] [name]Spencer[/name]- This is nice
[name]Daryn[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]- I prefer [name]Dara[/name]

I’m assuming that you like [name]Lennon[/name] because of a Beatles pop-reference, but do keep in mind that it sounds identical to [name]Lenin[/name], which would be comparable to naming your son Hitler.

I like your more traditional names with the original spellings, particularly [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Marcus[/name]. [name]Malia[/name] [name]Bay[/name] and [name]August[/name] [name]Radley[/name] are my favorite complete names from your list.

You’re smart to consider the tone of the name you chose- I’m sure you’ll pick something great!

[name]Aubriana[/name]- This is a pretty name. Judging from the show Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant, this is mature sounding.
Elliette [name]Roosevelt[/name]- I actually don’t mind this spelling. I love [name]Elliot[/name] for a girl. I also like how you keep using president surnames. I might steal that from you.
[name]Rio[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]- It’s alright. I picture [name]Rio[/name] on a boy.

All the other girl names do sound “teen momish” to me though. Sorry

[name]Kurtis[/name] [name]Armani[/name]- I just don’t like either name. [name]Just[/name] my taste though.
[name]Waylon[/name] [name]Gregor[/name]- I kind of like this name.
[name]Elijah[/name] [name]Brooks[/name]- I bet you’ll find alot of berries who like this name. For me, this name and [name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Greyson[/name] are the standout names on your list. A classmate of mine just had a little [name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Stephen[/name]. [name]Love[/name] his name.
[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Greyson[/name]- ^
[name]Truman[/name]- This name is good. [name]Fate[/name] seems a little out there.
[name]Ezera[/name]- Nice name.

As for the rest of the names, especially Puckett and [name]Radley[/name], they are teen momish. I understand that you are maybe going for a literature connection? Boo [name]Radley[/name], [name]Puck[/name]?? If so, stick to the real spellings, and maybe stay clear from [name]Puck[/name] haha

Yes to all of the girls names, and most of the boys names too. They have made up spellings, mostly all of the girls names are unisex or made up… [name]IMO[/name].

[name]Maleah[/name] [name]Bay[/name]–I kind of like [name]Bay[/name], especially as a middle name. [name]Malia[/name] already isn’t a favorite name of mine, though it’s kind of cutesy. But that spelling really throws it off. I don’t know what country you’re from–I’m an American. Here, [name]Malia[/name] [name]Obama[/name] is the most famous girl with that name (and she’s pretty famous, what with being the president’s daughter) and everyone will think of that spelling.

[name]Aubriana[/name] Mickenley–[name]Aubriana[/name] is extremely trendy. “[name]Aubrey[/name]”, “[name]Auburn[/name]”, “[name]Autumn[/name]” and “[name]Adriana[/name]” are more mature choices. [name]McKinley[/name] is not a favorite of mine by far, and that spelling will always be mispelled. What about [name]McKenna[/name]?

[name]Emmette[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]–[name]Cassandra[/name]'s pretty, but you’re trying to feminize [name]Emmett[/name], which does not work. Particularly right now, since “[name]Emmett[/name] [name]Cullen[/name]” of the Twilight [name]Saga[/name] is someone people will think of.

Elliette [name]Roosevelt[/name]–[name]Elliot[/name], and it’s definitely a boy’s name. [name]Roosevelt[/name]? It’s a name belonging to two very masculine presidents. What about [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Rosaline[/name], etc?

[name]Hazelle[/name] [name]Jayne[/name]–I’m not big on [name]Hazel[/name] or [name]Jane[/name], but the more common spellings are infinitely better.

[name]Hayden[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]–[name]Hayden[/name]'s unisex and pretty; I like this spelling of [name]Elisabeth[/name]. [name]Favorite[/name] so far.

Harlowe [name]Jean[/name]–Are you taking this from [name]Jean[/name] [name]Harlow[/name]? Platinum Blonde? Bombshell [name]Golden[/name] Age actress? Because if so, I like [name]Harlow[/name] without the “e” at the end, but I wouldn’t reverse a legendary actress’s name for a child if I were you. It would be like naming a girl [name]Taylor[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], or [name]Leigh[/name] [name]Vivien[/name].

[name]Rio[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]–[name]Rio[/name] is a masculine-sounding place name. [name]Eloise[/name] is beautiful.

[name]Lucie[/name] [name]Spencer[/name]–[name]Lucy[/name]'s an easier spelling for a kid, as it’s such a common name. [name]Spencer[/name]'s fine.

[name]Daryn[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]–It’s “[name]Darren[/name]” most commonly (especially with the newfound fame of Glee star [name]Darren[/name] [name]Criss[/name]) and it’s a boy’s name. Very masculine. [name]Genevieve[/name] is lovely.

[name]Kurtis[/name] [name]Armani[/name]–It’s [name]Curtis[/name] most commonly (much easier), I’m not a big fan because of the inevitable “[name]Curt[/name]” nickname… And [name]Armani[/name] is one of the most famous design labels in the world, so he’ll get teased. What about [name]Armand[/name]?

[name]Waylon[/name] [name]Gregor[/name]–[name]Waylon[/name]'s fine… [name]Gregor[/name] too…

[name]Elijah[/name] [name]Brooks[/name]–Not that bad. Sounds like a country music star name, which isn’t necessarily a good thing.

[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Greyson[/name]–Not a fan of [name]Wyatt[/name], but it’s legitimate. [name]Greyson[/name] looks better as “[name]Grayson[/name]”.

[name]Marcus[/name] [name]Pryor[/name]–I really dislike [name]Marcus[/name] (too common where I live) but [name]Pryor[/name]? It doesn’t sound much like a name.

[name]Truman[/name] [name]Fate[/name]–[name]Truman[/name] isn’t overly teen-mommish, even if I don’t like it… Then [name]Fate[/name]? [name]Fate[/name]'s not that solid a name, and it certainly isn’t a solid boy’s name imo. It sounds like you’re going for “[name]Tru[/name] [name]Fate[/name]” and I think a boy would hate that.

[name]August[/name] [name]Radley[/name]–[name]August[/name] is great! [name]Radley[/name] is Boo [name]Radley[/name]. A recluse. Who is famous for being a recluse. Are you sure about that one?

Puckett [name]Vaughn[/name]–Puckett has a similar “[name]Radley[/name]”-ish problem, [name]Vaughn[/name] is nice.

[name]Ezera[/name] [name]Ellison[/name]–[name]Ezera[/name] looks better as “[name]Ezra[/name]”, and [name]Ellison[/name] is quite feminine to me. But it could just be me.

[name]Lennon[/name] [name]Ellery[/name]–[name]Lennon[/name] sounds like “[name]Lenin[/name]”, the Russian dictator/revolutionary… You might want to think about that. [name]Ellery[/name] is quite trendy.

You have promise here! [name]Just[/name] avoid being trendy, and the the odd spellings.

They’re extremely trendy and won’t age well at all.

Suggestions:
[name]Malia[/name] Baina
[name]Audriana[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Ellie[/name] [name]Rosaline[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Jean[/name]
[name]Rhea[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Danica[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]

[name]Curtis[/name] Ames