Teenberries - How much of your future do you plan?

Obviously, we are all pretty good planners for our future just through baby names, but I’m curious: how much of your future do you plan? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have an idea of what you want for everything or do you only research and plan specific things?

I myself, besides names, like to look at and collect pictures of wedding dresses I really like, as well as watch [name_m]Say[/name_m] Yes to the Dress and its spinoffs. Sometimes, I even ask my friends what they look for in a wedding dress, then hunt down and show them pictures of dresses I think they’d like!

What about you? :slight_smile:

I love planning about my future !

In my dream world , I know what kind of a job i will do , that i will marry a foreign man ( after i dump my BF , sorry BF :smiley: ) , what kind of a dress i will wear on my marriage , how my kids will look like and many other similar things …

Maybe i will ask for a wedding advice on you ? What kind of job you want to do ?

[name_f]Belle[/name_f] - Please do! I love showing people dresses! I need new people since I think my poor friends are sick of wedding dresses now lol.

I know I want to go into the health field, and right now, I’m aiming for nursing. In the back of my head though, I have an interest in criminal justice. You?

Ooo, a foreign man! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you want to live in a different country maybe? The only specifics for my ideal guy is dark hair, and light (preferably green) eyes. Oh, and traditional masculine traits…like enjoying the outdoors (I love tent camping) and not being afraid of getting dirty to get a job done. In reality, what I want in a guy mirrors my dad, since I’m really close to him! Oh! And it would be nice if he was also the same religion as me xD.

Oh , I will definitly love that [name_u]Tay[/name_u] !

An interest in criminal justice ! I want to be a psychologist specific in criminal justice ! my dream job .

Yep , i want a foreign man so i can move to a different country . Iam tired of mine :smiley: My dream guy is someone who will threat me well , indepenent , with great manners & he must have green eyes !

Hehe, shoot me a PM or post a little blurb on here on what you’re looking for (dress silhouette, fabrics, embellishments, even just overall style and feel! I had a friend who once told me pretty much ‘lace, flowy, pretty back’ and I managed to find stuff for her :D) I like using TheKnot.com because they just have tons and tons of dresses! If you have an account, you can also ‘star’ dresses you really like and the site puts the dress into an ‘inspiration board’ for you!

Oooo, do you know which countries you would like to live in? I’ve never been to a foreign country, only different states! I don’t think I could ever move away from my beloved [name_u]California[/name_u] though ;).

[name_u]Green[/name_u] eye lovers!!! I just think they are so gorgeous on a guy!

The only thing I seriously plan ahead for is naming my children! I have a big packet full of name lists for different styles and combos for different sounds and types of last names my future children could have. I know, kind of weird, but naming a child seems like a HUGE challenge and I want to be prepared for it as soon as possible.

I plan to move back to my home city, San [name_m]Francisco[/name_m], when I’m old enough to support myself financially. Although I wasn’t born there (I was born in San [name_m]Diego[/name_m]), I lived there for the past 12 years of my life and I really consider it my home. That’s the type of weather and the type of lifestyle I’m used to.

As for my future job, I’d love to work at a nice restaurant in college and I really would love to become an anthropologist after I’m out of school and for a lifelong career. [name_u]Early[/name_u] human life and the evolution of the human race is something that has always interested me and I would love for it to become a future profession. I always wanted to be a writer, but as I’ve gotten older and farther through high school, I’ve come to realize that writing is not something I excel at and is very difficult to make a living off of.

And my most guilty GP is watching wedding shows. Anything wedding - dresses, decoration, themes, you name it, I’ll watch it. I’d love to have a [name_m]Pacific[/name_m] Northwest beach wedding here in [name_m]Washington[/name_m] with a few twists of my home state [name_u]California[/name_u] thrown in. I think it would be amazing to have a wedding on the shores of Northern Puget Sound or somewhere in Seattle. I’ve always dreamed of maybe having a wedding at a farm, also, and doing the vows under a tree :).

I plan to have 2 children. As the middle child of 3, I know someone always gets left out when you have 3 kids. I just thing being an only child would be a little boring unless you had close friends that lived down the street or something.

I think I want a boy and a girl. I think that having a sibset of either two girls and two boys would definitely stir up more trouble than 2 siblings of the opposite gender might. But I might be totally wrong on that. I guess we’ll just wait and see :wink:

Dang, I forgot to add things that I’d look for in a possible DH. Here goes:

I don’t really care much about hair or eye color, honestly :). I look for guys who can hold up their own weight (metaphorically, if they could do it literally it would be nice too ha ;)) and try not to bite off more than they can chew. I think having a good sense of the other person’s emotions and what they’re feeling inside is very important, so I’d prefer a guy who wouldn’t be intimidated to let me know what he’s feeling. I think I’m intrigued by that feature just because I’ve always been a pretty secretive person and don’t really connect with others about what I’m feeling deep inside, so I’d like someone who maybe could help me break that habit. Other than that, I’m really not too specific about looks.

@[name_f]Catalina[/name_f] - I want to get married at the church where my parents got married at :slight_smile: Though realistically, I’ll get married at my home parish. I’ve made collages of wedding dresses I like, to the point where I can see my tastes in dresses evolve and change, just like names.

As for kids…mmm…I think realistically, I would probably have a ‘middle number’ amount…more than 2, but nothing like 7 or 8. I know I want at least one girl, but I seriously hope she’s born with a good fashion sense, because I have none! I also would be cool with twins…I think it would be kinda fun in the long run!

When I think about it, my ideal guy would be pretty much the opposite from me personality-wise. Socializing actually scares me a lot xD and I’d feel bad if a shy, quiet guy asked me out…nothing would happen, except for a lot of awkwardness.

I’ve “decided” that I’m going to have 4-5 kids (I’m one of three, but honestly the middle-child-thing/left-out-child-thing has never really been an issue. Maybe because I’m a twin??). Ideally, I’d love 2 of each gender (including either boy/girl or girl/girl twins :p), and possibly one more.
I’m so pathetic - I’ve “planned” my wedding to an extent (I’d love to wear my mother’s wedding dress, which was also her mother’s wedding dress; and I think I’d like a garden wedding). I’ve even thought about what kind of house I’d like!
The one thing I’m fuzzy on is career. I’m studying law at university at the moment and I’m unsure if I’m going to love it long-term or not. We’ll see!
I’m glad I’m not the only one!

[name_u]Tay[/name_u] , I will pm you in a couple of hours about the dress . I will love ideas about my future wedding :smiley: And I will look for sure in this site .
I would [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] to live on [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_m]York[/name_m] , my dream . Although when this happen I will for sure miss Greece …

Yes , green eyes . I have green eyes & I just want my future kids to have them too :smiley:

I pre-plan A LOT. Almost too much. I am the type of person who likes to know what’s going to happen when, so I kinda have a vague idea…

I know I want to live in either [name_m]Boone[/name_m], NC or Tifton, GA. I’ve been to those places before and they honestly look like nice places to live. Other contenders would be [name_m]Sherwood[/name_m], AR, [name_u]Dallas[/name_u], TX, and Jacksonville, FL.

For college, I would love to go to the Juilliard School in NYC to study theater and music (double major). Until I get married, I would love to be on Broadway. I wouldn’t want to be über famous, but I want to perform.

Ideally, I’d get married a year or two after college (24 or 25). I’m not picky on how the guy looks, I am more concerned about his soul. He needs to have the same spiritual mindset I have, and my dad must say it’s okay for us to start a courtship. [name_f]Every[/name_f] courtship is different, but usually they are around 7 to 8 months. Then, once my dad says it’s okay for us to marry, he’ll propose. I have dreams of getting married in Disney World. :smiley:

As for kids, I’m not going to plan the number of kids. God will decide when the time comes. I am of course planning names :wink: If I had to choose a number though, I’d have 6 kidlets – 3 boys, 3 girls. :slight_smile:

Oh, and after I get married, I want to be a SAHM. I know I want to homeschool my kiddos until 7th grade (jr. high). After they are all in school though, I would love to be a drama or choir teacher. Those are my two passions. :slight_smile:

So yeppers, I am a preplanner! :stuck_out_tongue:

Since I was 9 or so, I have been loving names, and planning them for when I get older and have kids. Intact, I remember writing a list one time where I was going to have to have 9 daughters because there were so many names I loved. Oh, nine/ten year old me. I was quite something. I also planned my wedding, which drove my parents and grandparents just slightly crazy. [name_f]Every[/name_f] time we went on a long car ride, or even when I got the chance, i would re list the whole wedding, right down to what kind of flowers there would be. I was very imaginative! I still like to think about names (obviously) and weddings. Sometimes what I’m going to buy when I get my own job and such.

Must say as someone a bit out of their teens, I planned my future a WHOLE lot.

My top thing was my wedding - I’ve actually had the “fun” details of my wedding in the planning process sense I was around 13 and began working on the more necessary details around age 17. Of course all things baby (names, activities I’d look to put them in, clothing, nursery/bedroom designs, etc.) are also a fun topic of conversation for my friends and I. I’ve been with my fiance sense I was about 14, so I never really thought about the “perfect guy” besides him… I have thought about our future together a lot though. As a child I planned to be married by 28, and now it’s looking like 23, so that’s something, haha. Finally, [name_m]Ive[/name_m] just begun thinking about houses/interior design/what I want my future home to look like. . . but that probably has a lot to do with the fact that I just sent in my “intent to commute” form to my college for my final year in which I’ll be living with the fiance.

Interestingly I never planned for college or “what I wanted to do when I grew up”. I actually stumbled across my major by accident and now I cannot imagine myself doing anything else.

@[name_f]Belle[/name_f] - Yay! :slight_smile: I can’t wait! Wedding dress mode was full on yesterday…I even drew myself one in my sketchbook (okay 2…but I really like the first one). I just love going through my pictures then updating them with new dresses as new collections come out :smiley:

I honestly don’t plan ahead that much. When I was in my early teens I planned my entire life out, and I find that things often don’t go your way. At fourteen. I wanted to be married by 22, live in the UK, have a college degree, have several books published and have four-six kids. Honestly, that’s extremely unrealistic.
I’ve probably grown a tad pessimistic in my “old” age, but the most I plan ahead is a few months. I want to have college applications done by next week, I want my license by [name_u]August[/name_u], and I want a tattoo. That’s it!
I would love to live in the UK and marry some dashing Scottish gentleman, but I know that I’m not being realistic.
That seems so dreary! I’m sorry! I do enjoy wedding planning shows- and I do have a wedding dress (my great-grandmother hand made my grannie’s wedding dress, and she wanted it off her hands!). I just don’t know if I’ll ever use it!

I’m surprised how many of us have thought about our weddings! All my friends think I’m weird for spending my time going through page after page of bridal gowns xD.

@aj - Life will always surprised even the most planned person :slight_smile: I know what you mean though - a few years back, I was set on either dorming with my best friend at college or go the military route with her. Obviously, that’s not gonna happen now that I’m planning on commuting to school and and hoping to go into the medical field. I actually don’t even fully know which colleges my friend applied to. We may have not even applied to the same places xD.

That’s so cool that you have your grandmother’s wedding dress! I really like my mom’s wedding dress, but she had a different body type than me when she was younger, so I don’t think the dress would look nice on me XD.

Nah, I’m not a long-term planner anymore (other than the fact I’ve been planning my children’s names from the age of 8). I think I was until recently, I don’t know; things haven’t gone how I always imagined they would over the past year which sort of changed my whole outlook.

I also read this [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] McGinley quote a few months ago that really stuck with me even though it seems super obvious ‘‘I only care about what’s happening today, maybe what’s happening tomorrow’’.

I just have this strange confidence that if I live in the present and do what I want to do, everything will turn out fine.

Apart from my future babies’ names’, I am planning on getting a job that involves chemistry and working in a lab, and I would really, really love it if the guy I eventually end up with has dark curly hair, so we could have little curly haired kids.

Let’s see… as much as I love names, I’m almost positive I don’t want any kids and if I do decide I want kids, I’ll adopt. I also don’t want to get married, unless I find the right guy and am 100% sure that I want to stay married to him for the rest of my life. As for jobs, I would like to do something in the medical field. I would also maybe like to be a missionary to a poor country. My best friend’s cousin is doing that right now.

Aelis - That’s so cool! I think it’s amazing how dedicated people are when they are missionaries to other countries. It’s such a wonderful thing. :slight_smile: