Tell me girl names you love that don’t fit your typical style

Hi all! This is just what the title says—tell me girl names you love (or just like) that don’t fit your typical style. It doesn’t matter if they’re popular or not. This will be fun!
Some of mine are:
Frankie (LOVE this one, and watching Tiny Beautiful Things right now!)
Johanna
Lennon
Story
Willow
Piper :heart_eyes:
Selah
Savannah
Juno
I also love the idea of pairing some of these with more classic, but spunky sibling names. Especially Piper and Frankie. Your turn. Thank you so much in advance! :butterfly::white_heart:

2 Likes

[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
Maelin
[name_u]Julep[/name_u]
[name_u]Waverly[/name_u]
Lillevie
[name_f]Oona[/name_f]
[name_f]Capri[/name_f]
[name_f]Reverie[/name_f]
[name_u]Honor[/name_u]

I’d say my usual style is more classic/vintage/timeless, but I love all of these names so much!

3 Likes

@samosier24 We have very similar typical styles. :smiling_face: I especially love [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f], [name_f]Capri[/name_f], and [name_f]Oona[/name_f]. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you so much for your response!

I usually go in for historical, mythological, romantic, long, floral, etc but I love [name_u]Beverly[/name_u] !! which I know most people think of as super dated at the moment. The odd portmanteau word name like Merryweather or Dearheart. I also love [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] although she’s a bit clunkier and a lot shorter than most of my favourites!

3 Likes

I love [name_f]Ethel[/name_f], too! I think it should make a comeback. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s an old family name for me and I’m pretty sure it would be my mum’s choice for a granddaughter! (she’s not going to get her wish but I’d be so excited to meet a little Ethel)

3 Likes

This is hard because there are so many different styles on my list :grin: but, I think I’ll say these for now:

[name_u]Peyton[/name_u]
Jessie/Jess
[name_u]Mandy[/name_u]
Tiffancy
[name_f]Aleesha[/name_f]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_f]Skyla[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
Aubrey/Aubriana

1 Like

@persephonescrown I love long, romantic names too!! I would 100% use something like [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f], but the go-to nickname isn’t great for me! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_u]Beverly[/name_u] as a first or middle name? I feel like now that you mention it, it would be a cool middle! [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] makes me happy because of the connection to I [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]! I don’t know that I’d be brave enough to use something like Merryweather or Dearheart, but they are very cool. :smiling_face: Thank you so much for your reply!

1 Like

I have no clue what my style is, but these are definitely outliers :sweat_smile:

[name_f]Dagmar[/name_f]
[name_f]Scheherazade[/name_f]
[name_f]Fatima[/name_f]
[name_f]Theda[/name_f] / [name_f]Thora[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiametta[/name_f]
[name_f]Eudora[/name_f]
Suvvi

I usually prefer “every-girl” names with either a lot or very few cultural references. These are the opposite

1 Like

I love this so much!

1 Like

@seawillow I really love Saylor/Sailor (and I know people, though not very well, who named their older daughter that! [name_f]My[/name_f] friend wanted to name her daughter M!ll!e because her grandmother was a M!ldr€d. But she didn’t end up doing that when she had kids because another family member was interested in the name. I’ve recently started falling in love with [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] as a middle name. :heart_eyes: A cousin and his wife were thinking of using R€€se Olivi@ if they ever had a daughter. I think it’s a beautiful, strong, and dreamy name without being too out there. I don’t know if that’s still part of the plan (they have two sons) but I would love to see them use it! Thank you for your reply!

1 Like

It’s my mum’s name (but spelled the British way) so it would go in the middle for me :smiling_face: I think it has a lovely lyrical sound!

1 Like

@Greyblue I LOVE [name_u]Peyton[/name_u] for a little girl so much! And [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] is adorable, but strong! I think those are my favorites from your list! Thank you so much for your reply!

1 Like

Oh I’m sure that would mean so much to her! I love the connection. :smiling_face: Plus it’s a name we don’t hear very often anymore.

1 Like

my favourite names for a girl are evangeline, beatrice, judith, margaret, ruth, jasper and willa. jasper sticks out a lot, but i love her so much! she doesn’t fit on my list stylistically, but she certainly does if i’m going off of names i love and could easily see on a future daughter of mine :sunflower:

1 Like

[name_f]Fatima[/name_f] do feels like an every girl (Muslim/Spanish/Arabic etc) name to me though.

2 Likes

@daisymeadows Aww! I love those! I feel like [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_f]Willa[/name_f] would be a very cute combination. And I really love [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. :heart: Also, my dog’s name is [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] (I didn’t name her that) so it is fun to see it on your list!

1 Like

A few that come to mind are:

[name_f]Birdie[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u]
[name_f]Millie[/name_f]
[name_f]Suki[/name_f]
[name_f]Effie[/name_f]

All of these (apart from maybe Suki) are nickname names and are very youthful and summery, whereas I normally prefer long classic names like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], etc, that are more spring or fall-ish!

1 Like

Me too!! However, my mil says FAT we ma :sweat_smile: :broken_heart:

This wouldn’t be a problem if the women in my fam weren’t naturally curvaceous beauties :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I usually dislike boys’ names on girls, and surname names on either gender, but I like [name_u]Lennox[/name_u] a lot.

1 Like