Tell me what comes to your mind when you hear these names.

So after almost 2 years of trying with a few difficulties, we are finally and cautiously expecting a baby! We would like some input on our names from unbiased people like you all than friends and family for now!

If you would please give me a short first impression of these names I would really appreciate it!

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Aldo[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_m]Titus[/name_m]

Other suggestions are also welcome!

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] are girls names, first thought. They are technically unisex, but once they cross into that gray area they are girls names in my mind. [name_m]Rueben[/name_m], [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], [name_m]Jonah[/name_m], [name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_m]Titus[/name_m], are you intentionally looking at biblical names?
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]: duck dynasty
[name_m]Rueben[/name_m] the sandwich
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] I have a hard time picturing on a full grown man
[name_m]Titus[/name_m]: overly macho

Suggestions:
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] ([name_m]Tad[/name_m]), I think this name is easier to carry than [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], which is a Cutesy name in my opinion
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] is NOT a girls name! It’s a boys name that some people have used on girls.

I adore [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]! It’s one of my favorite names.

[name_u]Love[/name_u]:
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

Like:
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]

Dislike:
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Titus[/name_m]
[name_m]Aldo[/name_m]

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] - [name_f]Every[/name_f] since Pretty [name_m]Little[/name_m] Liars I think of this as a girl name, even though I know it is not and most people would think a [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] is a boy
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] - I like this better on a girl
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - Nice, but after being on Nameberry for a while it not feels very tired
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] - Isn’t this a sandwich?
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] - I can never figure out how to pronounce this
[name_m]Aldo[/name_m] - I love this name. It reminds me of the little boy in Yours, Mine, and Ours
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] - Cute, but very Chipmunks and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] Says, so I’m not sure how usable it is
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] - This is one of those names that I just personally really, really don’t like. (Apparently two seasons of Pretty [name_m]Little[/name_m] Liars has affected my taste in names a lot. [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] in that show totally ruined this name for me)
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] - [name_u]Love[/name_u]. Super adorable and current without being overly trendy
[name_m]Titus[/name_m] - Honestly? Maybe better suited for a pet

Other Suggestions:
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m] (similar to [name_m]Jonah[/name_m])
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]/[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_m]Damian[/name_m]
[name_m]Thayer[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]- reminds me of [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] Montag’s husband on the Hills, not a huge fan
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]- overused
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]- overused
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]- [name_u]Unique[/name_u] and strong
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]- strong name
[name_m]Aldo[/name_m]- [name_u]Love[/name_u] this, unique and friendly sounding
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]- Nice but not my fave
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]- Nice but not my fave
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]- overused
[name_m]Titus[/name_m]- great strong and unique name

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]- I find this name a bit pretentious (probably because of [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] from The Hills), but I think its a fun name.
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]- love it! I also like [name_u]Rohan[/name_u] and [name_m]Ronan[/name_m].
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]- I prefer just [name_u]Theo[/name_u], but [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is handsome as well.
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]- I really like this, I feel like its a name that is underused but everyone will recognize it (I prefer the “easier” spelling [name_m]Ruben[/name_m]).
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]- love this as well, I find it to be a soft but strong name. It has a unique sound and I feel like it is so charming.
[name_m]Aldo[/name_m]- I like this too! My only problem is I don’t care for nn [name_m]Al[/name_m] but it’s short enough that you can prevent that (unless you like it of course!).
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]- perfect! I think this name could work on any personality. Could be a writer, politician, athlete, actor…
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]- lovely, this name is just very interesting to me.
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]- soft and intelligent sounding, like this as well!
[name_m]Titus[/name_m]- this one I’m not a fan of, sounds almost too TOUGH for me.

great list!!

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] - Nothing really comes to mind when I hear this name!
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] - A boy which used to be in my [name_m]Junior[/name_m] School had this name.
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - [name_m]Alvin[/name_m] And The Chipmunks comes to mind when I hear this name.
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] - I think of the American film director [name_m]Joe[/name_m] [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]! He directed The Good [name_m]Son[/name_m] and Sleeping With The Enemy both of which are psychological thrillers.
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] - I kid I was on TV a little while ago! It was the name of a kid I saw on Supernanny.
[name_m]Aldo[/name_m] - Nothing really comes to mind when I hear this name!
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] - [name_m]Alvin[/name_m] And The Chipmunks!!!
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] - Nothing really comes to mind when I hear this name!
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] - Nothing really comes to mind when I hear this name!
[name_m]Titus[/name_m] - Nothing really comes to mind when I hear this name!

I hope this is what you mean.

Thank you all for your input! [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] are traditionally boys names until people started using them on girls making them into unisex names. The same thing happened with [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], [name_u]Stacy[/name_u], [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u], [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and other names that used to be boys names. [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] is a family name and would only be used for a boy. No bad nicknames come to mind with [name_m]Titus[/name_m]? Would it be really obvious or not so much?

Spencer - I like it
Rowan - [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] this name
Theodore - classy, I’d probably use it as a middle. I do like the nn [name_u]Theo[/name_u], though
Reuben - reminds me of the sandwich, don’t like it
Silas - reminds me of Weeds, but I like this name
Aldo - sounds too much like [name_m]Waldo[/name_m] to me. I prefer [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
Simon - I’m suddenly liking this name
Ezra - [name_u]LOVE[/name_u]
Jonah - [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]LOVE[/name_u].
Titus - reminds me of the comedian [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Titus[/name_m]. I also think of Tetanus shots.

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]- NMS, but I like it.
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]- I’m starting to see this as a girl’s name now, but it still sounds strong on a boy.
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]- Not a huge fan, but I like the nickname [name_u]Theo[/name_u].
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]- I actually really like this name!
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]- Kind of makes me think of Silos. Not an awful name though.
[name_m]Aldo[/name_m]- Not a fan at all. Maybe it’s just because I don’t really like names that end in “o”.
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]- NMS, but it’s a really cool name.
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]- Like it. I think it may become insanely popular soon, but for now, it’s a handsome, strong name.
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]- [name_u]Love[/name_u] this name so much!
[name_m]Titus[/name_m]- I’m sorry, but when I hear this name, I think of “tight” and “tits”. There is teasing potential.

For the most part, I really like your name list. Very handsome, masculine names :slight_smile:

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]- 6/10. This one’s okay for me. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_u]Parker[/name_u]?
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]-11/10. My favorite boy’s name!
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]-7/10. I think [name_u]Theo[/name_u] or [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] is cuter.
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]- 4/10. Reminds me of the sandwich.
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]- 3/10. He’s the albino in The Da [name_m]Vinci[/name_m] Code.
[name_m]Aldo[/name_m]- 4/10. Where’s [name_m]Aldo[/name_m]? came to mind.
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]- 8/10. Reallly like this name!
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]- 7/10. It’s nice, but I don’t know if it’ll age well.
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]- 9/10. Definitely prefer this to [name_m]Jonas[/name_m].
[name_m]Titus[/name_m]- 5/10. Fit for a god, not a boy/man.

My thoughts when hearing the names:

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]- not lighting any fires but not my least favorite
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]- like [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Blanchard[/name_m]? The girl who plays [name_u]Riley[/name_u] on Disney’s “Girl Meets World”
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]- [name_m]Roosevelt[/name_m]!
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]- Sandwich!
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]- “sigh less”
[name_m]Aldo[/name_m]- Where’s [name_m]Waldo[/name_m]?
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]- cute kid from eighth grade
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]- my doggie’s name!
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]- guy who got eaten by a fish
[name_m]Titus[/name_m]- sounds like a dog

Spencer - Pretty Little Liars association but I’ve never really read that book in detail so I don’t have any impression of this name. But… I quite like it on a boy! It’s lovely. 8/10

Rowan - Adorable masculine name to me but I think its awfully popular especially among Nameberries. If popularity doesn’t deter you, then this would be a great choice. 9/10

Theodore - Cutesy name but Theo sounds manlier. I can’t really picture a grown man with this name except for Theo. 6/10

Reuben - No association with anything in particular except that its such a strong handsome name! Somewhat unique, and I really like this. 9/10

Silas - Not a fan. It neither looks nor sounds attractive. 3/10

Aldo - Not a fan. It’s similar to Arlo (which I despise due to the Walking Dead association) and other short Ar/Al names which I’m not fond of. I can picture it on a dog more than a boy. 2/10

Simon - Classic name but all I can picture is a very geeky boy. Not that its a bad thing but that sort of image isn’t very appealing to me. 4/10

Ezra - I actually like this due to some book associations portraying Erza’s as clever helpful boys. It’s a nice name too. 7/10

Jonah - Seems plain and boring to me like John. A little close to Jonas which reminds me of Jonas Brothers. 3/10

Titus - It’s a definite no for me. It fits a god or a pet better. And there’s this awful teasing potential with the first 3 letters. That’s all I can see in this name :confused: 1/10

Some more suggestions:
Gabriel
Christian/Kristian
Sebastian/Bastien
Alastair
Callen/Kellan
Casper/Caspar
Darius
Jasper
Enzo
Galen
Leo
Rainier
Roland/Ronan

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] is a nice name. I think of gifted and charismatic actor, [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_u]Tracy[/name_u]. Marks and [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] luxury dept. store. And a student I had named [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] who was a comedic genius. I think [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] and [name_m]Trevor[/name_m] would make great boy sibling names.

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] for some reason I don’t like. I guess I think of Mr. [name_m]Bean[/name_m] who creeps me out. I do love [name_u]Roan[/name_u] though, manly yet gentle.

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is a great name and love [name_u]Theo[/name_u], [name_m]Ted[/name_m], [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. I think of a [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] as pleasant looking and intelligent.

[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] has a western sound to me. I really like it. A solid and substantial fellow.

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] I think of the miser, [name_m]Silas[/name_m] Marner. While it is cool looking and sounding, I think it is getting more common.

[name_m]Aldo[/name_m] is an interesting name. I picture a man with a very big nose, not very handsome,

[name_m]Simon[/name_m] – I picture a snotty Englsh boy.

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] I see as an intellectual and artist.

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m], a big man in a yellow slicker aboard a sinking ship.

[name_m]Titus[/name_m] I love. I picture a comfortable sort of person who loves animals and gardening.

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] - has a trendy/popular feel to it.
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] - love! This is a boy’s name that some people use for girls. I think it’s handsome. Another suggestion if you like [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] would be [name_m]Ronan[/name_m].
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - vintage chic
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] - underused gem
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] - old man cool
[name_m]Aldo[/name_m] - hmm, probably the only name on your list that I just don’t like at all
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] - love it
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] - I prefer [name_m]Eli[/name_m] or [name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] - like
[name_m]Titus[/name_m] - under appreciated gem

My favorites from your list would be,

1 [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
2 [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
3 [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
4 [name_m]Simon[/name_m]
5 [name_m]Silas[/name_m]

What a handsome list! They’re all familiar yet not too common or overdone.

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]- I picture a brainy little boy with glasses but also a dashing man (like [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_u]Tracy[/name_u])
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]- too trendy for my taste but it is nice and I love seeing it on a boy
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]- classic yet still unexpected. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]/[name_u]Theo[/name_u] can fit any type of boy/man
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]- along with [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] also feels debonair
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]- feels western-y and youthful. I have a hard time picturing a [name_m]Silas[/name_m] over 40
[name_m]Aldo[/name_m]- very European, I would think he was named after an Italian grandfather. However there is a shoe store named [name_m]Aldo[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]- OK but always felt incomplete to me unless it was double barrel (maybe because I’m used to [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m])
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]- very mature yet soft. I picture a kind man
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]- same feeling as [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Titus[/name_m]- not a fan

My faves (no particular order): [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], [name_m]Reuben[/name_m], & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]- don’t dislike it but doesn’t sound particularly appealing to me.
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]- love it, one of the few I actually like on both genders.
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]- okay, but a bit cutesy/too long/heavy sounding for me. Prefer just [name_u]Theo[/name_u].
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]- eh
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]- one of my favorites
[name_m]Aldo[/name_m]- not really my style
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]- really like it
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]- my favorite, love it!
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]- don’t really care for it. Reminds of [name_m]Jonas[/name_m], which reminds of [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] Brothers.
[name_m]Titus[/name_m]- reminds of [name_m]Titus[/name_m] Andronicus, but I don’t particularly like how it sounds.

First impressions:

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] - High class (I don’t know why haha)
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] - Nice
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - Dapper sounding :slight_smile:
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] - First thought: [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] Studdard
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] - Have always really liked this name.
[name_m]Aldo[/name_m] - Reminds me of [name_m]Waldo[/name_m] but better.
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] - Quite like this one.
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] - Some cool guy has this name.
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] - Nice. I like the feel of the name.
[name_m]Titus[/name_m] - Like the book in the bible? I’m probably biased but all I could think was how small the book is, therefore implanting the mental image of a small boy. Personally, I can’t really imagine it on an adult, but I mean someone’s gotta be the one to set a trend, right?