tell me what you think of these names

See the results of this poll: which do you like best?

Respondents: 12 (This poll is closed)

• Brianna: 0 (0%)
  • Neveah: 1 (8%)
  • Natalie: 4 (33%)
  • Jessica: 1 (8%)
  • Kara: 0 (0%)
  • Miley: 0 (0%)
  • Gwendolyn: 6 (50%)

[name]Brianna[/name] - this one is a little trendy for my taste, and sounds grating. If you don’t mind popularity, [name]Gabriella[/name] has a similar sound but is much prettier, in my opinion. If you like -anna names, I adore [name]Rosanna[/name], [name]Roxanna[/name] and [name]Annaliese[/name].

[name]Neveah[/name] - this one screams trendy and celebrity culture to me, and I personally really dislike it. [name]How[/name] about the lovely, traditional Irish name [name]Niamh[/name] (pronounced neeve). The anglicised spelling is [name]Neve[/name]. You may also like the Welsh [name]Maeve[/name] (pronounced meeve).

[name]Natalie[/name] - I’m not wild about this one, but I like it a lot better than the ones above.

[name]Jessica[/name] - while the name itself feels a little dated to me, [name]Jessie[/name] is a really sweet nn, so I quite like this one.

[name]Kara[/name] - I adore this one, although the [name]Cara[/name] spelling looks softer to me. You may also like [name]Clara[/name] or [name]Caroline[/name] nn [name]Cara[/name].

[name]Miley[/name] - all [name]Cyrus[/name], and that screams Disney, pushy parents and pre-teens to me. It is also invented, which I dislike.

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] - I absolutely adore the vintage charm of this one, and I think the nicknames [name]Gwen[/name] and [name]Wendy[/name] are adorable. You may also like [name]Adeline[/name].

I voted for [name]Gwendolyn[/name], and my second choice would be [name]Kara[/name].

[name]Brianna[/name] - getting quite dated…Screams 90’s to me

[name]Neveah[/name] - I’m sorry, but this one is just…ick. I’m very much not a fan of this one. It feels cheap to me.

[name]Natalie[/name] - pretty, but sort of expected…

[name]Kara[/name] - my 2nd choice.

[name]Miley[/name] - [name]Cyrus[/name]

[name]Jessica[/name] - Screams 80’s to me…[name]How[/name] about [name]Jessamine[/name]?

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] - my top pick. Elegant and Sophisticated!

I voted for [name]Natalie[/name], but then realized that my screen had cut off [name]Gwendolyn[/name], so please note to change one of the votes from [name]Natalie[/name] to [name]Gwendolyn[/name]! (I like them both, though).

The other names on your list simply can’t compete . . .