Tell me what you think of this old bewitching baby girl name

So, my husband has been loving the name [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]. I’m not sold on it. And it’s definitely not my favorite. But I can see the appeal.

Tell me what you think :blush:

If I could call her [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] it wouldn’t be bad! It’s just not my style.

I love it.

I love the vibe - witchy and vintage - but the name itself isn’t my favorite. I prefer [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] or [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. I do love PP’s suggestion of [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] as a nickname, though!

I think it’s a cute name, but if you use it you have to be prepared to get the [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] associations a lot. If you’re a HP fan it might not be a big deal to you, but if you’re not it might get annoying.

1 Like

[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] is quite nice. [name_u]Strong[/name_u] and distinct

I love the nickname [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] and for a long time [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] was my go-to route to get there. I still do love [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] a lot and appreciate its pagan/mythological connections, my only hesitation is the strong [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] association, which is actually the main reason it’s off my list.

Pretty much just reminds me of Harry Potter! She’s a great character, so that’s not necessarily a bad connection.

1 Like