Tenley/Tinley ?!

What is this name all about? I have heard it 3 times in the past 2 weeks, and never before:

• there is some contestant on the bachlorette with this name
  • somebody else who I’ve never heard of in US magazine
  • and, most recently, in a real life name poll on another baby site.

Is this a new made up name? I’ve never heard of it and don’t really care for it.

Actually, now that I think about it (and have had more time to do a google search), I think that the “tinley” I saw in us was actually “[name]Tinsley[/name]” [name]Mortimer[/name]. Still, I don’t care for either [name]Tenley[/name] or [name]Tinsley[/name], but I predict we will see one or both on the SSA list in a few years’ time

I first heard it on the movie [name]Summer[/name] Catch. It was the name of the character played by [name]Jessica[/name] Biel.

Isn’t that weird when that happens? You hear a name for the first time and then you hear it a couple of more times in the same week. :slight_smile:

I’ve only heard it on The [name]Bachelor[/name], but they pronounced [name]Tenley[/name] the way I’d say Tinley. There’s a Tinley [name]Park[/name], IL, which is what I think of when I hear it. I don’t love it as a name for a person, but maybe I’d feel differently if I didn’t think of it as the name of a town.

Yuck. I think it’s just another extension of the trydeigh [name]Brinlee[/name], [name]Kayleigh[/name], [name]Kinsley[/name] surname-y names. There’s a [name]Tenley[/name] in my neighborhood.

I also just recently heard this name for the fist time. I heard it on the [name]Bachelor[/name]. Also, isn’t it one of the ice dancers from the US that was just in the olympics? Maybe I was mishearing it? I don’t care for it much eather. Gives me a metalic “tinny” taste in my mouth, blah.

I should like this, but I don’t. Next to [name]Tinsley[/name], it feels incomplete. Reminds me of the “best unusual names” thread a couple months back, where someone mentioned the cute but too-silly Tetley.