Tessa, Colette and Saoirse

Is [name]Tessa[/name] going to jump from being fine and original to become the next [name]Olivia[/name]? I’m expecting in a few weeks, and am obsessing over [name]Colette[/name], [name]Saoirse[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name]. Searching desperately for advice, random opinions on these three … Thanks!

[name]Tessa[/name] shows no signs of skyrocketing to top 10 status popularity anytime soon. It’s actually been dropping down the charts (in the US) over the last few years. In 2007 it was at 190 and has since dropped to 208. [name]Tessa[/name] is a great name. Sweet, pretty, great nicknames (I adore [name]Tess[/name]). It’s my favorite on your list. [name]Colette[/name] is nice but it doesn’t feel as fresh and interesting to me as [name]Tessa[/name] does. I love the name [name]Saoirse[/name] and my only reservation about it is pronunciation issues. I know a girl named [name]Saoirse[/name] (in the US) and people always call her [name]SAY[/name]-or-see or SORE-see, which deters me from using the name. But if you don’t mind correcting people, or your located in a place where people are familiar with Irish names, this one is awesome!

So, I think [name]Tessa[/name] is your best bet. Its a gorgeous name and it doesn’t seem to be headed for any crazy popularity jumps. It’s familiar, beautiful and underused.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]Tessa[/name] shows no signs of skyrocketing to top 10 status popularity anytime soon. It’s actually been dropping down the charts (in the US) over the last few years. In 2007 it was at 190 and has since dropped to 208. [name]Tessa[/name] is a great name. Sweet, pretty, great nicknames (I adore [name]Tess[/name]). It’s my favorite on your list. [name]Colette[/name] is nice but it doesn’t feel as fresh and interesting to me as [name]Tessa[/name] does. I love the name [name]Saoirse[/name] and my only reservation about it is pronunciation issues. I know a girl named [name]Saoirse[/name] (in the US) and people always call her [name]SAY[/name]-or-see or SORE-see, which deters me from using the name. But if you don’t mind correcting people, or your located in a place where people are familiar with Irish names, this one is awesome!

So, I think [name]Tessa[/name] is your best bet. Its a gorgeous name and it doesn’t seem to be headed for any crazy popularity jumps. It’s familiar, beautiful and underused.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

This is amazing, to me – to be able to get such wise, objective, authoritative, instant advice! I agree with you completely, [name]Tessa[/name] is untouchable, but I want something rare, and I think [name]Colette[/name] has a better chance. Hmmmm … That said, Freckles, I trust you like a best friend, seeing that you use a sly [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Parker[/name] quote as your moniker! I feel like we are sitting at the Algonquin, tossing back Manhattans and quipping on baby names! Thank you! (PS, by the way [name]Tessa[/name] better matches [name]Jack[/name], [name]Mary[/name] [name]Bridget[/name] and [name]Liam[/name], my three other children … and my mother loathes [name]Saoirse[/name])

[name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Colette[/name] are lovely. I agree though that [name]Tessa[/name] fits in the best with your children.

They’re all great! You could use [name]Tessa[/name] as a nickname for [name]Theresa[/name] if you’re that worried about popularity, but it could stand on its own if you prefer. [name]Colette[/name] is lovely, and I think [name]Cole[/name] is kind of adorable on a girl (I don’t know if you’re planning on using a nickname). I love [name]Saoirse[/name], too! Pronunciation may be an issue initially, but I have a feeling it’ll become more recognizable if the actress [name]Saoirse[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] becomes more popular (and I think she will).