Tessa/mom Jessica

What are your thoughts on the name [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] if mom is [name_f]Jessica[/name_f]? [name_m]Can[/name_m] you see it getting annoying with people saying [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_u]Jess[/name_u] or am I looking into this too much? Thank you!

1 Like

If mom is nicknamed [name_u]Jess[/name_u] a lot, I would say maybe not. If she’s [name_u]Jessie[/name_u] or [name_f]Jessica[/name_f], I think it could be done.

Other T girl names in case:

[name_u]Tristen[/name_u]
[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]
[name_u]Tierney[/name_u]
[name_f]Thora[/name_f]
[name_u]Tallie[/name_u]

It could be a sweet connection between them, but if mom goes by [name_u]Jess[/name_u] or [name_f]Jessa[/name_f], it might feel a bit weird

I like it!

Honestly I think it’s a sweet connection between you guys. Also when you become a mum people rarely use your name. I know it sounds weird but all the time I’m just Lilia’s mum. Her preschool teachers, her GP and her friends mums just call me Lilia’s mummy. Of course they know my name but you’ll be surprised at how little you hear your own name being said so I wouldn’t overly think about it. Furthermore if you can have [name_u]Sean[/name_u] snr & [name_u]Sean[/name_u] jnr in the same family why can’t you have a [name_u]Jess[/name_u] + [name_f]Tess[/name_f].

I think it’s fine

Think it’s fine (and [name_f]Tess[/name_f] is so sweet)! I don’t think you’ll hear them used much together.

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is a gorgeous name! [name_u]Strong[/name_u] and radiant, elegant and charismatic. I don’t see anything wrong with using [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] if her mother’s name is [name_f]Jessica[/name_f], even if the nickname is [name_u]Jess[/name_u] or [name_f]Jessa[/name_f]. Men have juniors all the time. Sometimes they share the exact same name and nobody questions that. [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] are lovely for mother and daughter! The small similarity creates a beautiful connection!

1 Like

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is a very pretty name, my step-daughter is named it. I have a similar dilemma. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite girl name for years, well before I met my fiancé, has been [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f] with the nickname Jess/Jessa/Jessie. I have deemed it too similar and didn’t want to be stepping on anyone’s toes or feel like a replacement so I have decided to let go of [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f], at least for sure as a first name.

I do agree however, it could be a nice way to honour the mother if that is something you’re interested in. It is a very pretty name and not one I hear too often. I say go for it.

I wanted to name my daughter [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] so badly!! And i am a [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] lol

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband just couldn’t do it, because not too long before that he would sometimes call me ‘Jessa’ though I always go by ‘Jess’

I do this its tooooo close, but [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is such a cute name

What did you end up naming her?!

We named her [name_f]Irina[/name_f] :smiley: we went through so many names, we dont hear [name_f]Irina[/name_f] much where we live

It’s too close for my taste, sorry. Re: previous comments about men having juniors, I think mom [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] + daughter [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] would actually make more sense to me. I think this would be more like having dad [name_m]Larry[/name_m] with son [name_u]Barry[/name_u], which I don’t care for either.