Tessa or Tess?

See the results of this poll: Which do you prefer as a full first name?

Respondents: 33 (This poll is closed)

• Tessa : 22 (67%)
  • Tess: 11 (33%)

I prefer [name_f]Tess[/name_f], because to my ears, [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] sounds more “nicknamey” than [name_f]Tess[/name_f] does.

Neither is my favorite but [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is better imo.

I prefer [name_f]Tessa[/name_f].

I adore this name! I would use [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] with the NN [name_f]Tess[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Tess[/name_f] but you could name her [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and use the nn [name_f]Tess[/name_f]. Does one sound better with your last name?

I adore this name! We actually have a close friend named [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] in our regular circle of friends, so it’s probably out for us. Her name is simply [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and it suits her so well. I’ve only ever heard her husband refer to her as [name_f]Tess[/name_f], and even then it’s only occasionally. She is 23.

[name_m]Prior[/name_m] to meeting her, the only other person I knew of with the name [name_f]Tess[/name_f] was Mum of a boy I went to school with, he is a year younger than me (and I’m 33 this year).

I have also heard of [name_f]Tess[/name_f]/[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] being used as a NN for [name_f]Theresa[/name_f]/[name_f]Therese[/name_f]. So that is also an option if you are after a more formal name. I prefer simply [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] though.

I love both, prefer [name_f]Tessa[/name_f].

[name_f]Tess[/name_f] can stand alone if you prefer it. I don’t think [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is “needed;” I just prefer [name_f]Tessa[/name_f].