Thayer or Oliver???

Which do you like? Middle name is [name]Montgomery[/name].
[name]Thayer[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] or [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]?

Sisters names are [name]Avery[/name] and [name]Reese[/name]

I vote [name]Oliver[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Oliver[/name]! [name]Love[/name] it!

I third (or fourth?) [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] by a mile! The classic [name]Oliver[/name] is one of my favorite names, and while [name]Thayer[/name] is more in keeping with your daughters’ surname names, it honestly sounds like someone with a lisp trying to say “[name]Sayer[/name].”

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I have to vote for [name]Oliver[/name] as well; [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] is a great combination!

I vote for [name]Oliver[/name], too. Not only do I like it more, I think that [name]Thayer[/name], while being a boys name, sounds quite unisex, and I think that, as your daughters both have unisex names, it would be a better idea to name your son the more masculine [name]Oliver[/name] to avoid confusion. Gosh, that was a complicated sentence!

First, [name]Montgomery[/name] is one of my favorite middle names, it makes ANY first name sound fancier. I know someone named [name]Nash[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]. Second, I’ve never heard the name [name]Thayer[/name] before, so I looked it up and found that it’s the french version of [name]Taylor[/name], which is my maiden name, so that makes me like it. However, I said to my husband “what do you think of [name]Thayer[/name]?” and he didn’t understand what I was saying, and I had to repeat it four times. It is rather awkward to say. I do like it though. I love [name]Oliver[/name], it’s been one of my favorites for a long, long time, so I’m starting to get a little tired of it, but it’s a really nice name and quite uncommon I believe (I’ve never met one!), and the nickname [name]Ollie[/name] is so cute. So, I think [name]Thayer[/name] is more original, but I would recommend saying it a lot and saying it to other people as well to find out if you like it. I think you should do the same with [name]Oliver[/name], too. Bah, what a long response!

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] is my pick.

love the name [name]Montgomery[/name]! what about [name]Montgomery[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] with nn [name]Monty[/name]?

[name]Oliver[/name]! but a seriously huge long shot!

I agree with a pp (I think it was [name]Jill[/name]) who pointed out that [name]Thayer[/name] sounds like someone with a lisp trying to say [name]Sayer[/name], and then it reminds me also of the girls name [name]Thea[/name].

[name]Oliver[/name] is a classic and just lovely :slight_smile: It’s my son’s name, so I am biased! [name]Montgomery[/name] works well with him too - very suave!